Garden Botanika Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Garden Botanika line? I got their catalog in the mail and they advertise that they don't use mineral oils and lanolin in their foundations and that the powder foundation is talc free. Does anyone have any experience with the products?

I've never tried their foundations, but I have a couple of their eyeshadows. They seem like a nice texture, but didn't seem better than other lines. The main thing I remember, is that the one time I ordered from them, it came UPS and I kept missing the UPS driver! I finally had to go to the UPS office and pick up the package. Generally I prefer to buy foundation in person, since it's so hard to pick the right shade.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Has anyone used the Garden Botanika line? I got their catalog in the mail and they advertise that they don't use mineral oils and lanolin in their foundations and that the powder foundation is talc free. Does anyone have any experience with the products?

yup me too, i almost always buy foundation in person cuz i have to have it matched with my skintone. I would hate to get the wrong kind. I also heard that if make up doesnt have talt, it wont last as long but talt is bad for you, i think

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I've never tried their foundations, but I have a couple of their eyeshadows. They seem like a nice texture, but didn't seem better than other lines. The main thing I remember, is that the one time I ordered from them, it came UPS and I kept missing the UPS driver! I finally had to go to the UPS office and pick up the package. Generally I prefer to buy foundation in person, since it's so hard to pick the right shade.

GB rocks - they used to be in the big malls but had to change to mail. check out their website. I have used a lot of their stuff & still have their brushes & a vew chubby lip pencils. they do a lot of business, less expensive than the health food stores & are just as good. their foundations didn't break me out like everything else did/does (use bare minerals now - someday when I get a credit card i'd like to try mmu). hope they return to retail.

I remember when GB had their going out of business sale. I mostly went there for bath stuff though. Anyway, I saw some of their bath products at Nordstrom's today. Not sure if Nordstrom will eventually carry their makeup line though.

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH GB rocks - they used to be in the big malls but had to change to mail. check out their website. I have used a lot of their stuff & still have their brushes & a vew chubby lip pencils. they do a lot of business, less expensive than the health food stores & are just as good. their foundations didn't break me out like everything else did/does (use bare minerals now - someday when I get a credit card i'd like to try mmu). hope they return to retail.

Thanks for posting. I went on-line back in December & remember they said they might go back into retail for the rest of their line.

Latest posts

Back