George Foreman Grill

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? I'm thinking about getting one, but didn't know if there were various models of this. I've seen a small one & a large one, but don't know if there's any "elite" model or something.

TIA!
smile.gif

Gail, I don't have one. Don't know much about them either. I got hungry just thinking about eating something off of one though!
tongue.gif

Thanks Charmaine! I'm glad I asked b/c I don't want to buy the stinky model if there's a better one.
smile.gif

My boyfriend had one of those when we first met. I never liked cooking with it though. It always seemed like it was more of a mess than it should have been. I prefer using my good ol Lodge Logic reversible cast iron grill. It's so much easier for me, but some might disagree.

I hate anything that has to do with the kitchen & cooking so the George Foreman grill is perfect for me. I can grill hamburgers, steaks, chicken and salmon. I have also grilled some veggies and they turned out to be pretty good. I have the smaller model (the one that fits two hamburger patties side by side) and it is perfect for me. My mom and my sister also love to use it. I find that it cooks the meat to be just right. I have never been dissatisfied with it. Mine even comes with a bread warmer although I never use it.

It can be a pain to clean it up but I find that if you put a moist paper towel and close the lid once you have finished cooking on it, let it sit there while you eat and then its a lot easier to clean it up.

Forman grill is awesome! I especially like the mid-size one w/ the bun warmer. My friend has one, and it's GREAT!!! Everything cooks so fast and evenly, and is always moist and tender! You can cook anything on this - definitely a 'must-have' in every kitchen!

P.S... I didn't find any problems or hassle with clean up... the teflon surfaces wipe clean easily
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And another plus is all the fat that drains out that you'd otherwise be EATING!
cool.gif

I just looked at Amazon.com, and they have 8 pages of different models!! I think this is the one we have, we received it as a gift:

B0006JNPDE.01-A2IM9LMCAAIJMT.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I like it because it cooks food quickly (like a broiler) and all the grease drips off. However that also means that sauces or marinades will also drip off, and if you're not careful you can get black burnts stripes on your food (especially if you are using a sauce or marinade). We like to use it for fish and an occasional chicken breast. The Teflon coating also makes it easier to clean than our broiler pan
wink.gif
This one also allows you to set each half to a different temperature if you wan to cook two different foods.

Originally Posted by Emma1980 Sorry, but I gotta say: stay far, far away from the George Foreman Grill!! I have the smallest model and it is a pain to clean. The metal grilling plates are not removable and you cannot dunk the whole thing into the sink to scrub. So you end up awkwardly cradling the smelly thing under the tap, while using your free hand to swipe the plates with detergent. I can never manage to get it squeaky clean and it always smells like what I last cooked on it. Plus, the results are a far cry from a real charcoal grill. The food always seems wetter when cooked on the George Foreman. Might as well just take out your handy skillet and pan fry whatever you're making. That's what I end up doing anyway!
~Em

Yeah, it does take a little while to clean ... I just put it on the counter where it can drip into the sink (like the part that would normally drip the meat juices), and use several paper towels, some with soapy water to scrub, some with plain water to rinse. Food doesn't stick very bad since it is Teflon coated, but it is a little awkward to clean. I've never noticed food being "wetter", if anything is a little dry, but that probably just means we overcook stuff
wink.gif

I should also add that we use it for steaks too, just did that last night
wink.gif

Usually you can just wipe it down w/ a soapy sponge, and then wipe it with a clean one to rinse it.
icon_wink.gif
My mom has the Suzanne Sommers grill (same thing as Forman -just a slightly different design) but the plates come out... so you can just rinse them. But my friends have the Forman grill - & it's easy enough to clean up -
redface.gif

I clean mine with Dawn Power Dissolver and wipe it down with paper towels.Maybe they'll make a removable plate one in the future.

Originally Posted by deejoy I clean mine with Dawn Power Dissolver and wipe it down with paper towels.Maybe they'll make a removable plate one in the future. Welcome to MuT Deejoy! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And there are new Forman grills that do have removable plates... saw them at Kmart! The "Grilleration" grills!

George Foreman GRP4 Next Grilleration 4-Burger Grill with Removable Plates

B0002KINSY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

& Welcome to MuT deejoy! Glad you're here & know you'll enjoy yourself. Looking forward to more of your posts!
biggrin.gif

Thanks NYangel, I did not knw they had a removable one. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. My name is Denise and I'm 24 from Chicago. I heard about this forum from MUA. I recognize kealoha and some of the others from MUA tooo.Thanks for having me.
icon_biggrin.gif

I have a love/hate relationship going on with my GFG.

I love the fact that I can grill in the house.

I love how easy it is to use.

I hate cleaning it. (it's one of the first models to come out and the grill part does not seperate from the unit)

I don't like that fact that if you put something on it that's frozen or semi frozen it does not cook right.

Maybe the newer models are better!

I hope the newer ones are better. I HAD the original one, but the non-stick surface was non-sticking to the machine! it began to peel off. ewwww..yucky. Plus hard to clean, wipe off? i do NOT think so!

Then i had the smaller one, that you could steam rolls in.. yeah, maybe ONE roll and your food was done before the roll was ready, yes that too, the nonstick surface peeled. so that was thrown out too. i have not bought another one and dont think i want too..

I have a GFG and I love it. At first I was hesitant about getting one when you can just use a grill pan or whatever, but boy was I wrong. It's quick and easy and the clean-up isn't really that bad. A few wet paper towels next to the sink and you're done. I've grilled burgers, chicken breasts, steaks with it and the food came out perfectly cooked and tender. It takes less time to cook since it cooks both sides at once, and who wouldn't like that. Happy shopping!
icon_biggrin.gif

CHECK THIS OUT PEOPLE !!!
claps.gif

Special sponges to clean the George Forman Grill are now being sold. I bought a box. These things are great!!! One side is different from the other, (one smooth and one teflon but both sides are grooved) - - meaning the sponge is shaped in the same way as the grill so it cleans it perfectly. My grill is spotless and now I use it more since these sponges came out. I think they're like $5.00 for a box of three. I bought mine at Sear's but you might check "Bed, Bath & Beyond" or other home stores like that.

Its no longer a hassel to clean the grill ! LOOK for them in stores now.

Originally Posted by Emma1980 Sorry, but I gotta say: stay far, far away from the George Foreman Grill!! I have the smallest model and it is a pain to clean. The metal grilling plates are not removable and you cannot dunk the whole thing into the sink to scrub. So you end up awkwardly cradling the smelly thing under the tap, while using your free hand to swipe the plates with detergent. I can never manage to get it squeaky clean and it always smells like what I last cooked on it. Plus, the results are a far cry from a real charcoal grill. The food always seems wetter when cooked on the George Foreman. Might as well just take out your handy skillet and pan fry whatever you're making. That's what I end up doing anyway!
~Em

Mayby you should try it to clean while it's hot,just pour some water there and let it cool. I have ones of those although don't know which size
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But I use wet sponge to clean it,and when it is cool I use hot water to clean.Thats what I like about it,mine is very easy to clean it has this tefflon kind that doesn't stick to.

Girls Please Note!!!!!!!!!

Any pans or thoes grills which have non-sticky cover SHOULD NOT be cleaned with any strong creamy cleaners or metal brushes.

The only thing you nedd is HOT water and double-sided sponge and Fairy.

This will make all your non-steacky stuff work longer for you.

And remember never use forks or knifes on them,and NEVER scrub.

Latest posts

Back