Gift of Plastic?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would you want a gift certificate for plastic surgery this holiday season? Saw this poll on msn and thought it was interesting.

Holy cow no!! Although plastic surgery ain't as popular over here in Ireland as it is in the US.. I think it's totally out of control in America, it's like a hobbie to some people now.

I voted no but not because it would be an insult (I know I'm not perfect!) but because I just don't want plastic surgery! For example, I'd love to have bigger boobs, but if I got breast implants I'd feel like I was giving into society's message that you need to have big boobs to be sexy!

I voted no too. It wouldn't be an insult though because I could use some help especially in the boob area. I just wouldn't be ready to make that kind of decision. For example I'm not against boob jobs, hey if it works for someone then that's fine. I do agree that cosmetic surgery seems to be really more a hobby these days for some people here in the US especially here in Southern California. It's really hard to find a woman at the mall who hasn't been touched by a plastic surgeon by one way or another. I think it's crazy especially compared to Europe where plastic surgery isn't such a big deal. For me personally if I got a boob job I would be worried that I would regret it later. I can't imagine sitting in a rocking chair with fake boobs someday so I guess a boob job is out of question for me!
icon_lol.gif

i voted "don't care" b/c i have several scars on my right knee from multiple surgeries. if someone paid for the removal of these scars, i'd do it in a heartbeat!
rolleyes.gif

I voted "Don't care", if I got a gift certificate for surgery I wouldn't use it for a boob job or anything like that, I had reduction surgery years ago so getting implants would be kind of stupid. I would use it though for maybe laser resurfacing, I'm in my 40's and have lived in Florida all my life so I have a bit of sun damage, nothing major and maybe it's something that others don't really notice but I do. I won't get all depressed if I never have it done though, I am happy where I am in life and getting older is just part of it all, so I can live with my gray hairs and wrinkles, actually this getting older stuff is kind of of cool, you just learn to be at peace with yourself.

I also "wouldn't care" - I don't know if I could take the plung w/ boobs (Although I'd like too! LOL) but maybe some lipo, for those areas that won't seem to go away - or maybe LASIK to end my near-sightedness... I might do something small like that -
icon_cool.gif

Latest posts

Back