Giorgio Armani makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I walked past the Giorgio Armani counter at Nordstrom at South Coast Plaza and stopped to check out the line. Nordstrom is the first store to offer the line here in southern California. I looked at the foundations and was thinking are they really worth the price. For about $50 I would hope that the foundations offer something that other foundations don't. Not that I could see myself spending that much anyway but I was just wondering if most of the price is due to the name not the product itself. Is the line overhyped or maybe worth the price? I'm not sure what the rest of the products go for like lipsticks etc since I didn't ask. I tried Cle De Peau line years ago because of all the hype and paid the price and don't think it's worth it. I tried the lipstick, blush and the concealer. The concealer is great but not worth the price I don't think. The lipstick and the blush definitely weren't worth the price. Even though I've always been more attracted to department store brands than drugstore I think some of the lines are way over priced. My mom always used department store brands so that's how I got into them but I've come to find that a lot of drugstore products work just as well if not even better at times.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I walked past the Giorgio Armani counter at Nordstrom at South Coast Plaza and stopped to check out the line. Nordstrom is the first store to offer the line here in southern California. I looked at the foundations and was thinking are they really worth the price. For about $50 I would hope that the foundations offer something that other foundations don't. Not that I could see myself spending that much anyway but I was just wondering if most of the price is due to the name not the product itself. Is the line overhyped or maybe worth the price? I'm not sure what the rest of the products go for like lipsticks etc since I didn't ask. I tried Cle De Peau line years ago because of all the hype and paid the price and don't think it's worth it. I tried the lipstick, blush and the concealer. The concealer is great but not worth the price I don't think. The lipstick and the blush definitely weren't worth the price. Even though I've always been more attracted to department store brands than drugstore I think some of the lines are way over priced. My mom always used department store brands so that's how I got into them but I've come to find that a lot of drugstore products work just as well if not even better at times. I couldn't have said it better myself. I know it's true. Sometimes high end cannot be beat, but usually it can or you can find a product that's just as good. For example, Julia turned me on to Wet n Wild blush sticks. They look just like the Nars variety. They give you a sophisticated glow.
Lipglosses are also just as sweet whether high end or drugstore. And I have never found a foundation that outlasts Almay's Amazing Lasting Foundation. I am not afraid to say it.

Skin cream is very,very similar as well. I refuse to pay $50.00 for an advertisement. There are a few high end products that I love and cannot replace, but mostly, I do GREAT at the drugstore. As long as you read your reviews, know your undertones and needs, you are the best salesperson for YOU!

Bare Escentuals foundation minerals are another disappointment. I get the same effect, better in fact, from other drugstore brands. I saw a 60 minute program comparing the ingredients of drugstore brands to high end and let me tell you, there's wasn't much difference at ALL. Besides packaging and an occasional highly pigmented product, I'd say we're being taken to the cleaners.

I have newly discovered Mark (from Avon) and find a lot of their products (minus eyeshadow) to be great stuff at about 1/5 th of the cost.

Reija ... ITA. And I've done the research. It's funny though. Check out this quote from a pro who does mu for magazines. She's been a ma for over 15 years:

"The women you see in men's magazines usually have makeup from head to toe- they have all the flaws that all women have, you'd be amazed how much work goes into those photo shoots. It can sometimes take 12 to 18 hours of work to get a couple good shots!" (Source) What this means to me is that advertising is deceiving. There are other ways to look great that do not involve spending your savings or having someone play photoshop with your face. It's bogus. Even the highest priced brands cannot turn a witch into Goldilocks. It sure is a nice fantasy though. One that rakes in a few billion per year.

Oh and btw, I owe you an email with tons of questions in it. I'd like to chat online re: career if possible some time. I know you are busy so if email it better, name it.

Tks

Email would be great if you don't mind writing a long email. I love email and would be happy to help you with any questions you might have.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Email would be great if you don't mind writing a long email. I love email and would be happy to help you with any questions you might have.
icon_smile.gif
Ok will do. I've been struggling with health problems so when I get my energy back, I'll be writing .TIA!

arg-dancing-ryan-gold-on-black.gif

I hope you feel better! Let me know if it's too much for you and we can chat too, no problem.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I hope you feel better! Let me know if it's too much for you and we can chat too, no problem. How really sweet. Thank you! I am headed towards the doctors today and am sure I'll be helped out. Once in a while I get stomach infections. This is a bad one, but I'll be writing soon. I think it's usually best to discuss business, and anything that lights up your world, when you are feeling pretty good. So it might be a few days.

Thanks again,

Ry

poker.gif

Halo, Tony, Julia and Cali gamble (jk)

I have the GA Luminous Silk Foundation and I really like it. It isn't for oily skin as there have been many rants about turning into an oil slick after a few hours. For me it was perfect! It has a somewhat light coverage which is fine with me because of the fact that it made my skin look flawless. I also have the GA Mania lipstick which I like quite a lot and use often. The colors and quality are unlike anything I have ever seen/used at a drug store. While I think a lot of drug store cosmetics are pretty good, certain things just don't compare. jmo

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I walked past the Giorgio Armani counter at Nordstrom at South Coast Plaza and stopped to check out the line. Nordstrom is the first store to offer the line here in southern California. I looked at the foundations and was thinking are they really worth the price. For about $50 I would hope that the foundations offer something that other foundations don't. Not that I could see myself spending that much anyway but I was just wondering if most of the price is due to the name not the product itself. Is the line overhyped or maybe worth the price? I'm not sure what the rest of the products go for like lipsticks etc since I didn't ask. I tried Cle De Peau line years ago because of all the hype and paid the price and don't think it's worth it. I tried the lipstick, blush and the concealer. The concealer is great but not worth the price I don't think. The lipstick and the blush definitely weren't worth the price. Even though I've always been more attracted to department store brands than drugstore I think some of the lines are way over priced. My mom always used department store brands so that's how I got into them but I've come to find that a lot of drugstore products work just as well if not even better at times. I've always been curious about the bronzers..Anyones try these??

Originally Posted by Californian How really sweet. Thank you! I am headed towards the doctors today and am sure I'll be helped out. Once in a while I get stomach infections. This is a bad one, but I'll be writing soon. I think it's usually best to discuss business, and anything that lights up your world, when you are feeling pretty good. So it might be a few days.

Thanks again,

Ry

poker.gif

Halo, Tony, Julia and Cali gamble (jk)

Hey Ry..Hope you feel better soon
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back