Glands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have glands that swell up even when you're not sick..Once every few months(usually every 4months approx) the glands behind my ears and at the base of my skull swell and are sore..After about a week the swelling goes away..This has gone on for many,many years and I can't seem to find a doctor that can tell me why they do this..Just something I've had to learn to live with..Just wondering if I'm the only one

You may be prone to irritated lymph nodes, which is a pain but not uncommon. It probably is a bacterial infection in response to seasonal allergies or colds. I'm prone to tonsilloliths (stones), which is another unpleasant but benign issue.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish You may be prone to irritated lymph nodes, which is a pain but not uncommon. It probably is a bacterial infection in response to seasonal allergies or colds. I'm prone to tonsilloliths (stones), which is another unpleasant but benign issue.
eek.gif
tonsilloliths!! So that's what those are called..I get those too..So glad to know this..Thanks Kitty!!

Originally Posted by Irishgirl Ali,
Sounds like tonsilitis to me too or possibly chronic sinusitis..Do you have nasal congestion and headaches sometimes? It's worth getting checked out since it could be allergies/sinus or tonsils..

No, it's not tonsilitis nor sinus infection..They just swell..All blood work has some back normal having gone for this problem many times in the past..What Kitty was mentioning was tonsilloliths which is... well, something totally different and a bit gross so I won't go into too much detail..Do a google and you'll unerstand why
wink.gif

Originally Posted by allisong No, it's not tonsilitis nor sinus infection..They just swell..All blood work has some back normal having gone for this problem many times in the past..What Kitty was mentioning was tonsilloliths which is... well, something totally different and a bit gross so I won't go into too much detail..Do a google and you'll unerstand why
wink.gif
It sounds to me, like I cannot offer anything to this conversation, so I am instead offering this:
PR_14257.jpg
cheesecake anyone?

Or how bout some of these cookies?
cookies.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian It sounds to me, like I cannot offer anything to this conversation, so I am instead offering this:
PR_14257.jpg
cheesecake anyone?

Or how bout some of these cookies?
cookies.jpg

Why Thank you Ry..You're so hospitable:p

Latest posts

Back