Glossybox April 2014 (Spoilers!!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@SaraP ~ Me too!  I am definitely getting some of the body wash after the tease that was sent in the box.   I may just get on that right now.  

Update:  Mission accomplished.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add me to the Skinny Dip and Tea Olive Lime variations. I resubscribed with the MSA coupon, so maybe this is the box we all got as late subscribers. If I didn't get the coupon for this, I probably would have skipped this box.

Add me to the Skinny Dip and Tea Olive Lime variations. I resubscribed with the MSA coupon, so maybe this is the box we all got as late subscribers. If I didn't get the coupon for this, I probably would have skipped this box.
I was hoping that they would sell out of the April boxes before the MSA codes expired, but no such luck. Oh well, at least it wasn't a terrible box with three full size items and a body wash that I really like. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I got my April box today! I was not excited about this box but I wanted the free beauty blender that was included with a certain code. So the box got here and I'm pleasantly surprised! I adore the BellaPierre lip gloss! LOOOOOVe it!!!!! The body wash smells heavenly, and I got the Ciate in a bright orange that is perfect for summer. Also my beauty blender was in there! I was skeptical that it would be included because they've been known to leave out stuff like that. All in all I'm enjoying this box a lot! I don't enjoy that I got an April box on May 13th though.

@ - I liked my April box too.  I used all of it.  I love the lip gloss as well and also bought the full size of the tea olive lime Caldrea. 

I just got my box Friday, so I have only used it twice but I think the primer works great! I used it with the two faced neutral eyes palette I recently got from popsugar and it held up all day with no creasing or migrating/mixing of colors (I have oily eyelids so this is a huge accomplishment for me). I haven't tried it with chunky glitter but it made the shimmery color I'm wearing today pop. I know some people haven't been thrilled but I really like it.

I used the primer 3 days in a row.  It does what is advertised.  For me, the color intensified a bit too much.   Alan Cummings eye makeup from Caberet comes to mind.  Not a good look for me so, I found myself wiping it down.  This happened when it was applied wet (as directed).  So, I am playing with different colors, letting it dry and trying to decide if its got a place in my life.

Thank you for the feedback ladies! I'll try it with the Too Faced pallet first. Love that pallet btw! I'm leaving my Naked 2 at home this weekend when I go to Vegas and bringing the Too Faced.
I used the primer with the a Two Faced pallet on Friday and Saturday last weekend and it was awesome! I tried bothe the middle and bottom looks that are suggested. (My profile pic is from Sat.) My makeup looked so good thanks to the primer, pallet and beauty blender!

I FINALLY got my April Glossybox today (May 15th) and the Beauty Blender bonus (the only reason I bought the dang box this month) is not in there!

Glossybox CS has been less than helpful with my questions about the shipping delay. No apologies, no explanation for the delay (no mention of the warehouse switch) no offers of a discount or glossydots like I know other customers have gotten for this month.

On top of that, the fact that two beauty bloggers got the May Bergdorf box early to review, before all the April boxes had been shipped/delivered, is just extremely frustrating. It's certainly not indicative of their shipping/service for new customers.

I am so frustrated with Glossybox. They certainly don't seem interested in retaining customers.

@greeneyedfoxx ~ Your makeup looks beautiful.  I am glad this primer is working out for you.  I am trying to love it.  I gave up on it and went back to it yesterday.  It was very humid here and I felt this tacky/sticky feeling on my eyelids all day.  Definitely not a repurchase for me but, will continue to play around.

I FINALLY got my April Glossybox today (May 15th) and the Beauty Blender bonus (the only reason I bought the dang box this month) is not in there!

Glossybox CS has been less than helpful with my questions about the shipping delay. No apologies, no explanation for the delay (no mention of the warehouse switch) no offers of a discount or glossydots like I know other customers have gotten for this month.

On top of that, the fact that two beauty bloggers got the May Bergdorf box early to review, before all the April boxes had been shipped/delivered, is just extremely frustrating. It's certainly not indicative of their shipping/service for new customers.

I am so frustrated with Glossybox. They certainly don't seem interested in retaining customers.
I wasn't able to get ahold of cs by phone and the email people were less than helpful but their Facebook team is great. Try and contact them they are sending me my missing beauty blender.

So, I got the Ciate in the exact shade I wanted (Skinny Dip - sparkly red). Just one problem:

Oh no! Hope they were able to help you out with that.

i immediately unsubbed from glossy after my living social 3-month deal, but i still follow the threads to see if it's worth it to re-sub...but with all the issues, looks like it's still a NO. and i was really turned off when they sent me an email, after i unsubbed, that they'll automatically re-sub me if i don't send them an email telling them not to automatically resub me. grrr. so annoyed with glossy still...  :angry:

Back