Glossybox April 2014 (Spoilers!!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own around 50 bottles of the CIate and the formula can be a bit hit or miss, which is weird since it is such a pricey brand.

Quote: Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I own around 50 bottles of the CIate and the formula can be a bit hit or miss, which is weird since it is such a pricey brand.
Do you own any of their glitters? If so, what do think about the quality? TIA

Quote: Originally Posted by Animezing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do you own any of their glitters? If so, what do think about the quality? TIA
I do!  Now they have glitter polish AND just glitter. I have been happy with the quality of each type of product.  Some of their polish can apply a little sheer or patchy/streaky, and most would definitely require two coats.  Their glitter polishes perform pretty well though.

Thanks, just what I wanted to hear! Looks like I might be getting The Hampton's after all!
wub.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Animezing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks, just what I wanted to hear! Looks like I might be getting The Hampton's after all!
wub.gif

YAY!  Polish is my favvvvvvvvvvorite of the beauty related things and I have a lot of it. So if you are unsure about a brand, feel free to ask.  I am glad my stash could be of service to you :)  Ciate really does come up with some pretty inventive color combinations, especially for their glitters.

Quote: Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  YAY!  Polish is my favvvvvvvvvvorite of the beauty related things and I have a lot of it. So if you are unsure about a brand, feel free to ask.  I am glad my stash could be of service to you :)  Ciate really does come up with some pretty inventive color combinations, especially for their glitters.
YAY- for me! Now I have someone (who knows about polish) to ask all my ?'s to.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Andieking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   It's a pretty good brand, the full size usually retails for $15 but who knows if we're getting a tiny size like last month's.
I know but for some reason it has never been a gotta try polish brand for me. I am more tempted to buy a Deborah Lippman but every time I swatch Mermaids Dream or Across the Universe my kids and husband look at me like I am crazy. I painted an entire hand one color and the other the other at Sephora one day just to get it out of my system.

I've been curious about Ciaté. Something about the bottles puts me off though, I think I just want to rip off those little ribbons. 

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been curious about Ciaté. Something about the bottles puts me off though, I think I just want to rip off those little ribbons. 
lol right and the bottles shape puts me off too.

Another nail polish? Meh...we've had nail polish in the last 2 boxes! I wouldn't mind it so much if the colors in that picture were better...sparkle orange? I've never tried to wear orange nail polish, but I don't think i would look good on me. I prefer reds or nudes. 

I cancelled after March. I don't really love any of the polish colors they showed in the e-mail except the red but I have multiple red nail polishes already. Don't plan to resub unless the other spoilers are something I like better.

Quote: Originally Posted by linda37027 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anybody know any good codes to use on Glossybox?
They don't seem to do any discount codes themselves, just free product codes. The current one is PINK for a free blush with your next box.

I would like the yellow and the orange and the bronze Ciate please...Just saying.

And anything else except for pink, red, or dark purple. Have too many of those color polishes.

Well at least this nail polish brand is well known. has anyone used the Lauren B? I did. I liked it a lot at first. But I went to use it again and it was all clumpy and thick and wouldn't dry correctly. bummer.

I will also add that I LOVED all of March's box! I got the jelly pong pong lip thingy and an alterna shine spray! I was happy to see makeup!

When does the second spoiler come out?  Really hoping for something better...I am on nail polish overload! 

Question: I prepaid for 6 months with Glossy, but after this is up I can just order monthly (if I chose) for a little higher cost right?

yes it's 21 a month and you can cancel anytime. I know I've received nail polishes and hair products left and right. How about some mascara, eyeshadow and maybe some blush!

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurenv78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When does the second spoiler come out?  Really hoping for something better...I am on nail polish overload! 

Question: I prepaid for 6 months with Glossy, but after this is up I can just order monthly (if I chose) for a little higher cost right?
They usually wait a few days or even up to a week for the second spoiler.

Back