Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Found this on Instagram. GB partnered up with a new beauty blog, Byrdie, to create a box, but it doesn't look like it's for sale. It was most likely just sent out to editors, bloggers, etc. to celebrate Byrdie's launch. I wish it was available for purchase because I would fork over whatever they'd ask for it. The contents are just...perfect.

2353b094f97011e2a3b222000a9f1696_7.jpg
OMG
yuck2.gif
  This is the most perfect box in the history of all boxes ever.

Found this on Instagram. GB partnered up with a new beauty blog, Byrdie, to create a box, but it doesn't look like it's for sale. It was most likely just sent out to editors, bloggers, etc. to celebrate Byrdie's launch. I wish it was available for purchase because I would fork over whatever they'd ask for it. The contents are just...perfect.
Puuurrrfecct! This SHOULD be in our glossybox!!!! Come on!

If you click to the back of the glossy magazine it has a picture of a box with the British flag on it and says "The Best of Britain Box" beauty  from the UK coming soon. Wonder if it is going to be a limited edition box.

They sold the box with union jack on ut in sweden last month. It sold out instantly. They should arrive in a few weeks and i can try to find some swedish beauty blogs thatshows whats inside.

Im on my phone this might look wonky

They sold the box with union jack on ut in sweden last month. It sold out instantly. They should arrive in a few weeks and i can try to find some swedish beauty blogs thatshows whats inside. Im on my phone this might look wonky
Gosh! Wish I could live in Europe!

If they brand this as the US August box, they'd sell out in a minute!  

Originally Posted by moonbunny7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you click to the back of the glossy magazine it has a picture of a box with the British flag on it and says "The Best of Britain Box" beauty  from the UK coming soon. Wonder if it is going to be a limited edition box.
Why Glossybox, why?!?!?!?!? I love and adore British things, but Glossybox, notsomuch. If its a one off box, I may have to get it since its not a sub and I canceled that. *shakes fist*

No problem, happy to help!  I sat on the fence for a couple of months on GB, and this was BEFORE I found MUT, so I know how it feels!  If you haven't subscribed to GB yet, you should use the referral link through ebates.com to get $2.75 in cash back AND there's a discount code to save 15% on your subscription - JULYMAG.

If you're interested in exploring skin/hair/beauty products even more, I'd also recommend investing in New Beauty Test Tube or the QVC beauty test tubes.  It's $29.95 (only appx. $9 more than GB), the tubes are not monthly (its either quarterly or six times a year), and it comes with more deluxe/full-sized products and a magazine on how to use the products.  If I wasn't so overwhelmed with beauty samples, I'd probably invest in that.  But for someone who is looking to try new things, it's probably a good place to  start building a collection and seeing what's out there.

Originally Posted by Hils /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your post was so helpful -- thank you so much for taking the time to provide me with your thoughts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When I get paid on Wednesday I'm going to take the plunge. I'm not really picky about when I actually get my box and I love to try everything -- things I've tried that I'm not interest in end up on my trade list (like Coola... sorry Coola lovers, but I'm just not a fan).

I'm so new to beauty/skincare/haircare that I don't even know any brands to have an opinion... but I'm slowly getting there! For the longest time I would end up getting an invitation to a wedding and have to go out and buy all new makeup because everything I had was expired... by the time the next wedding/event would come around it would happen again where it was years since I last used my makeup.... it's a vicious cycle...

I had an interview today and my four year old was trying to help me get ready by taking all my makeup out of a big bag I keep it in (yes... I have not figured out how to effectively organize it yet... so it's all in a reusable shopping bag... how ghetto, I know.. lol). I didn't really want it all taken out, but she promptly told me, "Come on Mommy, Have some fun." Don't mind if I do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks again for your thoughts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can't wait until Wednesday!

Wow that's a great box! I would have definitely bought that box.

Originally Posted by Nathelin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They sold the box with union jack on ut in sweden last month. It sold out instantly. They should arrive in a few weeks and i can try to find some swedish beauty blogs thatshows whats inside.

Im on my phone this might look wonky
They had it in Germany and it sold out super fast, I missed it.

It looks like it might be just checked the German GB site and they still have it. Guess who just ordered one lol. Oh and people are already getting the Glossybox wedding boxes here.

It looks like it might be just checked the German GB site and they still have it. Guess who just ordered one lol. Oh and people are already getting the Glossybox wedding boxes here.
Yayyy!! I can't wait for y'all to start receiving the boxes so we can see pics! :swoons:

Originally Posted by Hils /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your post was so helpful -- thank you so much for taking the time to provide me with your thoughts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When I get paid on Wednesday I'm going to take the plunge. I'm not really picky about when I actually get my box and I love to try everything -- things I've tried that I'm not interest in end up on my trade list (like Coola... sorry Coola lovers, but I'm just not a fan).

I'm so new to beauty/skincare/haircare that I don't even know any brands to have an opinion... but I'm slowly getting there! For the longest time I would end up getting an invitation to a wedding and have to go out and buy all new makeup because everything I had was expired... by the time the next wedding/event would come around it would happen again where it was years since I last used my makeup.... it's a vicious cycle...

I had an interview today and my four year old was trying to help me get ready by taking all my makeup out of a big bag I keep it in (yes... I have not figured out how to effectively organize it yet... so it's all in a reusable shopping bag... how ghetto, I know.. lol). I didn't really want it all taken out, but she promptly told me, "Come on Mommy, Have some fun." Don't mind if I do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks again for your thoughts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can't wait until Wednesday!
I've gotten 15 monthly GBs and only regretted one. I've never had a customer service issue, but I've heard of other people having them. It's my favorite sub because I always use the products.

Anyone just received an email of a shipping update?  

This is pretty early for a shipping notification for August.

I've already received a July Box and decided to purchase the Wedding box around mid-month of July.

I received both and now I just received an email notification. 

I was due for renewal starting from August but they didn't charge my card and yet sent me a shipping update email that a July box was on the way.. 

• APPROXIMATE DELIVERY DATE: Between 8/4/13 and 8/5/13
  • ORDER #: 100294***
  • SKU: g.2013.07.s

Does that indicate a July Box? The "7"?  Or does that indicate the different version of the July box ?  

Was it June or July we were notified that they were delaying on sending boxes out?  

icon_rolleyes.gif

unsure.gif

gruebel.gif

Latest posts

Back