GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should still get the remaining boxes since you prepaid for the subscription. For some reason I'm nit getting emails from them anymore, but I saw this mentioned in the July forum.

In celebration of our third anniversary, the August GLOSSYBOX will feature our very own Kryolan for GLOSSYBOX Highlighter, created exclusively for our loyal subscribers.
1b7492b588e2511d2a6ad4241e1206bb_15258.jpg

KRYOLAN FOR GLOSSYBOX

Created exclusively for GLOSSYBOX, this versatile, light-weight cream gives your cheekbones a perfect highlight with a silky shine. It‘s also great for your lips, and brow bones.

Last edited by a moderator:

In celebration of our third anniversary, the August GLOSSYBOX will feature our very own Kryolan for GLOSSYBOX Highlighter, created exclusively for our loyal subscribers.
1b7492b588e2511d2a6ad4241e1206bb_15258.jpg

KRYOLAN FOR GLOSSYBOX

Created exclusively for GLOSSYBOX, this versatile, light-weight cream gives your cheekbones a perfect highlight with a silky shine. It‘s also great for your lips, and brow bones.
I am SO excited about this, I cannot wait to receive this.

I have been dying to get something from Kryolan to test their quality and stuff, this is perfect, I love highlighting ! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They must mean the global anniversary. Glossybox launched in the US on May 10th, 2012. That *almost* got me to resub because I'm on a highlighter kick, but I have probably eight highlighters from various subs! I need to concentrate on using them before getting more.

I'm probably going to resub for August. I've been dying to try Kryolan based on all of the great things I hear about them. And I'm a HUGE sucker for highlighting products.

I have no interest in the highlighter.... I already know this will be going up for trade. I'm hoping for a perfume and blush.

I just received an email from Glossybox about changes to their subs. Because I like the box but have had nothing but terrible experiences with their customer service I wanted to ask here. It appears that starting now their subs auto renew. I don't want mine to. Per the instructions below it looks like you can cancel them online but If I cancel before the last box has shipped, meaning if the sub ends in October but I "cancel" today will I get the last few boxes? Anyone else get this email?

Here is the email.

Dear Megan,
          Thanks for being a loyal customer and hope you are enjoying your GLOSSYBOX subscription!
In our effort to provide a great customer experience, we’ve updated our 3, 6 and 12 month subscription plans as of today so that it will automatically renew upon expiration.  This is to minimize the chance that our customers miss receiving a monthly box due to an expired subscription.

Should you decide to end your subscription and all future billing, please follow the steps below:

• Simply log in to your GLOSSYBOX account

• On the left hand side of the dashboard, click on "Recurring Profiles and Orders"

• Then click on the text describing your applicable subscription plan (ie, “6-Month Plan”)

• Underneath the “Profile Schedule”, click on the gray box that states "Cancel Subscription"

• That's it!

While we would be sad to see you go, we understand there may be a time and/or reason where you have to leave us (hopefully just temporarily). These changes should make the cancellation process easier for you.

***Kindly note that you will have until the 14th of any given month to opt out of the renewal to avoid receiving the next month’s box. Any change on the 15th and after will not take effect until the applicable subscription expires***

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 855-738-1140 or email us at [email protected].

Stay glossy,

The GLOSSYBOX Team
I'm late to replying to this, sorry.  I have always had my subscriptions auto-renew.  I had no idea that auto-renew wasn't the norm.

I really should sit this one out. I have way too much makeup and skin care right now, so I keep cancelling Glossy...but they keep sucking me back in with those teaser emails. Must. Be. Strong....

I really should sit this one out. I have way too much makeup and skin care right now, so I keep cancelling Glossy...but they keep sucking me back in with those teaser emails. Must. Be. Strong....
I cancelled a few weeks ago and just resubbed.  They are offering a free Eyeko mascara  ($24 value)...use promo code MAGIC...when you sign up.  How could I resist?  So, it says I will get my first box early September, I assume that is the August box, so I guess I won't miss a month like planned.  Oh well, so much for my "no buy" plan!

Will they release another spoiler or just the one for the Kryolan? I have gotten a few Glossyboxes, but I'm not currently subbed. The Kryolan is nice. However, I don't think it alone will get me to sub for the August box.

Glossybox isn't going to send out Bomb(shell) products is it? They've never stooped that low.

Has anyone reported the bad Ipsy Bombshell mascara to the FDA? I should have, but thought someone with more chemistry experience probably would. 

Glossybox isn't going to send out Bomb(shell) products is it? They've never stooped that low.

Has anyone reported the bad Ipsy Bombshell mascara to the FDA? I should have, but thought someone with more chemistry experience probably would. 
Yes, they've stooped. I received a BaB marker eyeliner in Onyx last September.

ETA: Glossybox UK apparently sent out a BaB blush in the shade "Tanorexic" (classy) in the Christmas 2013 LE box.

Yes, they've stooped. I received a BaB marker eyeliner in Onyx last September.

ETA: Glossybox UK apparently sent out a BaB blush in the shade "Tanorexic" (classy) in the Christmas 2013 LE box.
Ohhh, that's bad. Black eyeliner and from BaB to boot.Hmm, Glossybox has always sent me really high quality samples. Very consistent quality. If they are going to BaB for products, I don't know what to think any longer.

Something needs to shut BaB down, like the FDA.

what's wrong with bombshell? (just curious - i don't really keep up with these things)

I actually like the BaB blush I have--I have not liked the other products from them, but the pigments in the blush are good and they last well--I did the Ipsy deal from a couple of months ago and ended up with two blushes shipped to me for around $11-$12. While I would never go near their mascara again (stinky), or their one sticks (awful consistency and colors) I would actually like another blush from them.

Latest posts

Back