GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@amidea Be a Bombshell has been appearing in a bunch of subscription boxes over the last year or so -- I' guessing it's their primary form of marketing -- and it seems like people (myself included) haven't been happy with the quality of the products. I think I've received a One Stick in Sunset, the eyeliner marker in Onyx, a mascara that had a quality control issue and smelled toxic, and a lip crayon in Shameless (the eyeliner from Glossybox and the rest from Ipsy). All of my stuff ended up getting thrown away, eventually. To be fair, I think some people were happy with the eyeshadow quad and powder blush that went out, but I didn't receive them, so I can't comment.

It seems like the line is a pretty standard private label manufacturer line (we provide the makeup, you provide the logo and marketing), and the retail markup must be insane considering that they're always selling things at 50% off, in Hautelook flash sales, etc. I just haven't had a single product from this line work for me, so I get suspicious when I see them in spoilers, but I will give their powder products a shot if (when) I receive them in a subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the eye shadow quad and the jumbo eyeliner. I had the stinky mascara and their gloss looks kinda cheap compared to other brands but that's the extent of my experience with them.

I like the blushes and eyeshadow quad from be a bombshell but everything else not so much. I never tried the one stick and the liner, lip crayon, and mascara were swapped or trashed. I've been wanting to try a coral blush from them but I'd never pay for one unless it was deeply discounted.

I actually like the BaB blush I have--I have not liked the other products from them, but the pigments in the blush are good and they last well--I did the Ipsy deal from a couple of months ago and ended up with two blushes shipped to me for around $11-$12. While I would never go near their mascara again (stinky), or their one sticks (awful consistency and colors) I would actually like another blush from them.
I was just reviewing my bag contents since I've been with Ipsy and I agree. The blush was nice, not the best but ok, but all other products from them have been failures for me.

ETA: Oops. I said bag because I was thinking of Ipsy and now I see this is the GB thread. Oh well. Ipsy has been sending out LOTS of BaB. That's one reason I'm cancelling Ipsy. I don't see BaB as belonging in GB at all.

@@amidea Be a Bombshell has been appearing in a bunch of subscription boxes over the last year or so -- I' guessing it's their primary form of marketing -- and it seems like people (myself included) haven't been happy with the quality of the products. I think I've received a One Stick in Sunset, the eyeliner marker in Onyx, a mascara that had a quality control issue and smelled toxic, and a lip crayon in Shameless (the eyeliner from Glossybox and the rest from Ipsy). All of my stuff ended up getting thrown away, eventually. To be fair, I think some people were happy with the eyeshadow quad and powder blush that went out, but I didn't receive them, so I can't comment.

It seems like the line is a pretty standard private label manufacturer line (we provide the makeup, you provide the logo and marketing), and the retail markup must be insane considering that they're always selling things at 50% off, in Hautelook flash sales, etc. I just haven't had a single product from this line work for me, so I get suspicious when I see them in spoilers, but I will give their powder products a shot if (when) I receive them in a subscription.
Oh yes. I forgot the eyeshadow quad. It was good too. Maybe BaB should just stick with powder products and leave anything creamy or liquidy alone.

I got... two glossyboxes this month... confused ? haha what do i do? do i let them know? checked my tracking and it says tracking for "package 1 and package 2"

So I feel like they know, but i prepaid for my sub, didn't pay for any new one recently and my points are intact, wasn't charged anywhere that I can tell... o_O... 

Ok so I have a question. I ordered a Glossybox on July 17th. I assumed I would be getting the August box. I came home and had a box in the mail today. No shipping notification or anything. It is an amazing box but it is the July box. I am ok with it but immediately went to go cancel bc I really don't want two boxes. I did my glossy dot reviews and went to cancel and it allowed me to cancel my subscription but then it said that August would be my last box. Uggggh. I sent CS an email. I hope I do not get charged for the Aug box. This doesn't make any sense!!!

Oh yes. I forgot the eyeshadow quad. It was good too. Maybe BaB should just stick with powder products and leave anything creamy or liquidy alone.
This is so eerie. I was cleaning out one drawer that holds all my hair appliances. I didn't think there was anything in there but hair care things. But- I found 2 brand new blushes in full sizes. One is a Tarte' Amazonian Clay powder blush in a compact with a peacock stamped into the blush powder from a sub box ( because the color is bright orchid and I wouldn't buy that) and the other is a BAB Blush in a bright, very vivid pink.. Also from some sub box, probably Ipsy at some point. 

Honestly, I couldn't tell which was which, really except that the Tarte' had more purple in it  I didn't " open' them as far as breaking the plastic seals over the products, so I can't tell about texture but color wise, they are both pretty and vivid colors and both have not had any problems  being in the back of a drawer that's hardly used except to store items. So I'm agreeing that BaB powder cosmetics are probably safe to use. And Lord knows, this blush has to be over  a year old but was still in the original box and was sealed too. 

Ok so I have a question. I ordered a Glossybox on July 17th. I assumed I would be getting the August box. I came home and had a box in the mail today. No shipping notification or anything. It is an amazing box but it is the July box. I am ok with it but immediately went to go cancel bc I really don't want two boxes. I did my glossy dot reviews and went to cancel and it allowed me to cancel my subscription but then it said that August would be my last box. Uggggh. I sent CS an email. I hope I do not get charged for the Aug box. This doesn't make any sense!!!
That is their new cancellation policy.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cancel after the 15th and you have to also pay for the next months box.  It's such a mean thing to do to people, especially when they don't ship til the end of the month in the first place.

Edited:

I forgot to address the first part of your question!  If you order during the month and the box isn't sold out, you'll get that months box.  

This happened to me. They overnighted me the current month's box when I called about getting a probably leftover box. I hope you will contact them for the right box too. 

That is their new cancellation policy.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cancel after the 15th and you have to also pay for the next months box.  It's such a mean thing to do to people, especially when they don't ship til the end of the month in the first place.
I guess I got 2 boxes because I don't do pre-paid subs. If they want me as a customer, they have to send the right month's box. LOL.

Edited:

I forgot to address the first part of your question!  If you order during the month and the box isn't sold out, you'll get that months box.  
So by ordering one box on the 17th of July I am basically obligated to buy the July and August box? I thought the July box was sold out. That is what it said on their website. No shipping notice. How was I to know that the July box was going to be my box? This does not make any sense. I really hope that CS is able to help me out here. 

So by ordering one box on the 17th of July I am basically obligated to buy the July and August box? I thought the July box was sold out. That is what it said on their website. No shipping notice. How was I to know that the July box was going to be my box? This does not make any sense. I really hope that CS is able to help me out here. 
I know!! It's the WORST cancellation policy ever!  I hope they take care of you.   Any sane customer service agent should know that their new cancellation policy is crap.

Yeah, I cancelled after I got my July box, last week just to take a break because I am on product overload and they said my last box would be August.  So, then came to code for the free Eyeko mascara, which I have been wanting, so I resubscribed...through Ebates you get $2.75 back per box anyway, that makes for a pretty good deal with the $24 value mascara.  They said my first box would be delivered between Sept 4 and 10...I assume that has to be ANOTHER August box since they don't ship until late in the month.  Now, I really hope I LOVE this August box because I am getting two, so if I don't want to get September as well, I guess I need to cancel now!

Yeah, I cancelled after I got my July box, last week just to take a break because I am on product overload and they said my last box would be August.  So, then came to code for the free Eyeko mascara, which I have been wanting, so I resubscribed...through Ebates you get $2.75 back per box anyway, that makes for a pretty good deal with the $24 value mascara.  They said my first box would be delivered between Sept 4 and 10...I assume that has to be ANOTHER August box since they don't ship until late in the month.  Now, I really hope I LOVE this August box because I am getting two, so if I don't want to get September as well, I guess I need to cancel now!
Whats the Eyeko code? Maybe I can resub and cancel before the 15th and only wind up with the August box. 

EDIT: I found the code is MAGIC. I wonder if I resub and cancel if I will get two boxes? 

sp.jpg

Just got this, it's a sneak peek of one product from each upcoming month through November.
You have awesome timing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was just about to post that but couldn't figure out the spoiler tag/picture thing :/.  

You have awesome timing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was just about to post that but couldn't figure out the spoiler tag/picture thing :/.  
Lol! Thanks! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out how to post a pic. :blush: As for doing the spoiler thing, well, I'm still clueless... hope no one minds. :/

Latest posts

Back