Glossybox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sent me the same email and I got a modelco lipstick/lipgloss duo..
Sweet! That is good news, I'll hope for that.

LOL like I said, I just counted it as a victory that they opened my email and.... (gasp) REPLIED to me. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It doesn't seem like they actually read your email lmao. They took it as if you're saying an item from the regular 5 items is missing, they don't know that you used a separate code and it's a separate item lol
They've done something similar to me before. I think they read the first line or so lol...cause that's pretty much how they answered my email lol! If you read just the first line of yours, that makes sense. So crazy!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They've done something similar to me before. I think they read the first line or so lol...cause that's pretty much how they answered my email lol! If you read just the first line of yours, that makes sense. So crazy!
See I don't trust sending emails! I rather call...I emailed Love with Food twice already and they didn't bother replying that pissed me off so much! Good thing it was my last month...

See I don't trust sending emails! I rather call...I emailed Love with Food twice already and they didn't bother replying that pissed me off so much! Good thing it was my last month...
LWF will respond on fb almost immediately and take care of stuff. Kinda weird. But it got their attention.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LWF will respond on fb almost immediately and take care of stuff. Kinda weird. But it got their attention.
haha that would've been useful XD oh well it's all good now, I used the Red Tricycle code too soon and got 2 feb boxes XD

haha that would've been useful XD oh well it's all good now, I used the Red Tricycle code too soon and got 2 feb boxes XD
Me too. Except that I loved the Feb box so much that I didn't care.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It doesn't seem like they actually read your email lmao. They took it as if you're saying an item from the regular 5 items is missing, they don't know that you used a separate code and it's a separate item lol

HAHA I think you've cracked the code, they just read the first line! rofl so now we know it's like a twitter status: we only have limited characters to get our message across to GB :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh my goodness everyone, I just have to post this on here with my recent experience with this company. I have been subscribed to Glossybox USA when they first started out. Didn't have much of a problem until recently. Now, I can 100% say that this is the SHADIEST unprofessional company ever. I know a lot of people have had problems with this company and a lot of people recently have had bad experiences with late boxes, no responses and horrible customer service. 

January's box came a month and a half late and this February box has no gotten to me either and it is now March. I love how they charge you precisely at the beginning of the month with no fail and it gets to you a month-month and a half late. Like, really? All of the other subscription boxes that I am subscribed to is so precise and accurate each month. Now, I would understand if this was a one time thing.. then I would of course not be complaining but this was a recurrent problem and not just for me either. 

I tried e-mailing Glossybox several times and have had ZERO responses thus far. So, I went on their Facebook page asking them to get back to me and I did receive one post saying that they would "forward my name to CS" and that "I would hear back from them soon". BS. I waited and waited but no response AGAIN. (NOT surprised). So, I posted again saying that February's box was again late and I had still not heard back from them. Checked again today to see if they responded and they totally blocked me from their Facebook page and disabled me from commenting. Probably so other people could not read about their shady business practices. 

Have anyone else had such horrid experiences with this company? It is sad because I have loved this subscription but there is NO way in hell that I could back up this company and give them my money for shit quality and service. Customer service should be a PRIORITY and is one of the top things that make AND break a company. Also, something this company does not have. Sigh, sadness. Be careful with this company everyone!

Originally Posted by cocoesque /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my goodness everyone, I just have to post this on here with my recent experience with this company. I have been subscribed to Glossybox USA when they first started out. Didn't have much of a problem until recently. Now, I can 100% say that this is the SHADIEST unprofessional company ever. I know a lot of people have had problems with this company and a lot of people recently have had bad experiences with late boxes, no responses and horrible customer service. 

January's box came a month and a half late and this February box has no gotten to me either and it is now March. I love how they charge you precisely at the beginning of the month with no fail and it gets to you a month-month and a half late. Like, really? All of the other subscription boxes that I am subscribed to is so precise and accurate each month. Now, I would understand if this was a one time thing.. then I would of course not be complaining but this was a recurrent problem and not just for me either. 

I tried e-mailing Glossybox several times and have had ZERO responses thus far. So, I went on their Facebook page asking them to get back to me and I did receive one post saying that they would "forward my name to CS" and that "I would hear back from them soon". BS. I waited and waited but no response AGAIN. (NOT surprised). So, I posted again saying that February's box was again late and I had still not heard back from them. Checked again today to see if they responded and they totally blocked me from their Facebook page and disabled me from commenting. Probably so other people could not read about their shady business practices. 

Have anyone else had such horrid experiences with this company? It is sad because I have loved this subscription but there is NO way in hell that I could back up this company and give them my money for shit quality and service. Customer service should be a PRIORITY and is one of the top things that make AND break a company. Also, something this company does not have. Sigh, sadness. Be careful with this company everyone!
Sorry to hear that, I cant believe they did that to you.

They do lack of good customer service :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that's really shitty, sorry to hear :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm so sorry to hear this but not shocked. The fact is, unfortunately, that their CS is very badly lacking as a rule (there are of course exceptions). And often downright awful. I will admit that I am guilty of staying with them longer than I should just because their products are so damn awesome. I truly believe that is the only reason that they haven't shut down GlossyBox US: There are lots of people who just adore the products and don't want to unsubscribe even though the CS is so bad. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by rockhoundluna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so sorry to hear this but not shocked. The fact is, unfortunately, that their CS is very badly lacking as a rule (there are of course exceptions). And often downright awful. I will admit that I am guilty of staying with them longer than I should just because their products are so damn awesome. I truly believe that is the only reason that they haven't shut down GlossyBox US: There are lots of people who just adore the products and don't want to unsubscribe even though the CS is so bad. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Or a lot of people that actually have been lucky and had no problems with their CS and on top of that love the products. 

Or a lot of people that actually have been lucky and had no problems with their CS and on top of that love the products. 
I'm glad I have not had to deal with their CS yet.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm glad I have not had to deal with their CS yet.
I have and it was actually good, they didn't send the lipstick from code LIPS(now expired) in my box...I contacted them and they sent it like within a week...this week I got another one lol. Which is actually an indicator or really distracted agents lol...How can they not know they already sent it? they are making the company lose money...either way it doesn't affect me XD off to the trade thread it goes :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have and it was actually good, they didn't send the lipstick from code LIPS(now expired) in my box...I contacted them and they sent it like within a week...this week I got another one lol. Which is actually an indicator or really distracted agents lol...How can they not know they already sent it? they are making the company lose money...either way it doesn't affect me XD off to the trade thread it goes :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Seems like so many people get doubles and some dont get anything they are waiting for. I hope they get more organized and get their issues sorted out.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seems like so many people get doubles and some dont get anything they are waiting for. I hope they get more organized and get their issues sorted out.
Yup they are super unorganized :S I hope they get their act together 

Yup they are super unorganized :S I hope they get their act together 
They have a lot of problems in Germany too, but not as bad as the US one.

I know I was so shocked too because I have never been treated like this by any company before. I hope you all have nothing but good experiences!

Aaah i love GB!!!!! Waiting for it monthly is like waiting for santa on Christmas. Lol been subscribed for a few months, and definitely will re-subscribe! Im only, a little bit concerned about a small issue of missing products inside of a box? Has anyone else had the same issue, and whether or not it has happened to them more than once....? I have just received my Feb box with that card that mentions and explains all of the goodies inside... According to the card- i was supposed to receive 5 products: but my box only had 4 with (what it looks like is a missing Sumita Beauty pencil) i haven't emailed them or anything, as i feel like its not a such a huge reason to whine about...just a pencil. Although, i did, wonder if anyone else had this happen before, and if this might be constant issue . I'm not worried about a single, missing pencil, as much as it happening again. After all, i do LOVE Gb, but i also want to make sure i'm getting most of what i pay for out of a 3 or 6 months subscription... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Any thoughts on this? :rolleyes: :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anastasia.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anastasia91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aaah i love GB!!!!! Waiting for it monthly is like waiting for santa on Christmas. Lol been subscribed for a few months, and definitely will re-subscribe! Im only, a little bit concerned about a small issue of missing products inside of a box?

Has anyone else had the same issue, and whether or not it has happened to them more than once....? I have just received my Feb box with that card that mentions and explains all of the goodies inside...
According to the card- i was supposed to receive 5 products: but my box only had 4 with (what it looks like is a missing Sumita Beauty pencil) i haven't emailed them or anything, as i feel like its not a such a huge reason to whine about...just a pencil.
Although, i did, wonder if anyone else had this happen before, and if this might be constant issue .

I'm not worried about a single, missing pencil, as much as it happening again. After all, i do LOVE Gb, but i also want to make sure i'm getting most of what i pay for out of a 3 or 6 months subscription...
wink.gif

Any thoughts on this?
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Anastasia.
There is a whole Glossybox subforum up above. This thread is 2 years old! And btw, many of us were charter members at GB and yes, we canceled because of missing items and poor CS. You should get what you pay for and you should ask for the pencil.

Back