Glossybox July 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw on Reddit that they originally advertised everyone would receive a Nuxe Oil. I don't remember if that said it or not, but if so, that is messed up. I thought it was funny she said she wrote them and simply told them her oil was missing. I am over this box. I got excited for this box due to the spoilers but it looks like a lot of people aren't getting them so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Wow wow wow just wow. My Glossybox arrived today - a day earlier than scheduled, but that's where the good news ends. The box I received is, in my opinion, the shittiest variation I've seen yet for this month. My box was:

-Fango mask ($7)

-glov-on-the-go ($5)

-eyeko stick ($12)

-nail polish drying spray ($16)

-sinful colors "step 2 topcoat ($3)

-Sabon shower oil in delicate jasmine 1.7 oz (~$2.23)

Total value: $45.23

What a joke! Seriously, another Sinful Colors polish, which is a low-end polish even among drug store polishes?? And this hotel freebie-sized shower oil? How is this in any way a "variation" on the Nuxe oil, which costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $30, or even the Tree Hut shaving oil, which is at least full size. The full size of this Sabon shower oil (which is honestly more of a shower gel) is 17.59oz and sells for $23.

Not only that, but this stupid shower oil isn't even on the info card in my box. The 6th item on my card is something called "Glow for a Cause" solid perfume (pic below), so it looks like I got a variation on my variation.

Honestly, the only *good* thing about this box is I am on the Gilt City year subscription. If I had paid full price for this box o' disappointment, I would be livid.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Yeah, there are a few items I''ve really loved, but not quite enough to justify the full price of the box.

I will point out that the $16 is cheap if you liked the Aqua Universalis perfume, though. I bought two of those last time just for that alone. Plus I do love the limited edition boxes for storage and gift giving. (although I picked up some really cute retro wrapping paper at the end of last xmas that looks adorbs on the top of the regular pink boxes, so I'm doing that this year, I think.)

I got my box yesterday and it had the Nuxe Oil (not shimmer, which I'm actually really happy about since I have no use for shimmery oil), a Too Faced Melted Lipstick, the Fango Mask, Eyeko Crayon, Nail dry spray, and the Glov on the Go thing. I'm really super happy with it, but I also would have been thrilled with the Vichy/Tree Hut variation. :) Super excited for next month.

Wow. Wow wow wow just wow. My Glossybox arrived today - a day earlier than scheduled, but that's where the good news ends. The box I received is, in my opinion, the shittiest variation I've seen yet for this month. My box was:

-Fango mask ($7)

-glov-on-the-go ($5)

-eyeko stick ($12)

What a joke! Seriously, another Sinful Colors polish, which is a low-end polish even among drug store polishes?? And this hotel freebie-sized shower oil? How is this in any way a "variation" on the Nuxe oil, which costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $30, or even the Tree Hut shaving oil, which is at least full size. The full size of this Sabon shower oil (which is honestly more of a shower gel) is 17.59oz and sells for $23.

Not only that, but this stupid shower oil isn't even on the info card in my box. The 6th item on my card is something called "Glow for a Cause" solid perfume (pic below), so it looks like I got a variation on my variation.

Honestly, the only *good* thing about this box is I am on the Gilt City year subscription. If I had paid full price for this box o' disappointment, I would be livid.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I got the same box as you with the same card mentioning the solid perfume, which was not in my box. I got the same shower oil sample instead.  I am going to call them.

Can anyone tell me if the outer box had a white sticker sealing the lid?

I got a replacement box last month because someone tampered with the box and the mask was missing. I am wondering if Glossybox was the one who added the sticker to eliminate the possibility of tampering... 9Although this box also look someone opened it)

I got the Tree Hut oil, Leighton Denny Drying Spray, Sinful Top Coat, Eyeko Pencil, Fango mask, and Glov. But, in the box that the box sits inside, I also got a coupon card for $50 off my first two boxes at HelloFresh. Did anybody else get this?

I got the Tree Hut oil, Leighton Denny Drying Spray, Sinful Top Coat, Eyeko Pencil, Fango mask, and Glov. But, in the box that the box sits inside, I also got a coupon card for $50 off my first two boxes at HelloFresh. Did anybody else get this?
Yes, there was one in my box too. I used to subscribe to them.

I'm pretty surprised that the usual bloggers (MSA, RoaSM, etc.) haven't posted a review of this month's box. I wonder if they aren't getting "early boxes sent for review purposes" anymore?

Anyway, I got shipping notice for my box today. I'm really curious to see what's in it! There have been 5 spoilers released (eyeko stick, Nuxe shimmer oil, Fango sheet mask, nail polish dry spray, and glov-on-the-go), but I don't know if there are variations or not...
My box just shipped yesterday.  I feel like this is stupid late in the month.  However, hopefully they were making sure my box has what the paper says and not variations on variations... I made sure to tell them how much I loathe Kardashian krap on last month's survey so I'd better not get nail polish!!

So I  got the Shaving Oil, Nail polish Spray, Sheet Mask, Sinful Nail Polish, Eyeko Stick Shadow and the Glove. All total I came up with $53.

So I wrote to them saying it does not meet the $60 value as said. And never received a reply.

My box has been traveling around- it went to OK, then to IN, then back to OK, now in NM. It was supposed to be delivered on Wed (I am in CA) but looks like I won't get it until next week. I guess I should assume I did not get the Nuxe, etc though so I am not super upset about it taking a while to get to me- as I will probably stick everything on a shelf like I usually do with their boxes! Sorry to sound so grumpy about Glossybox in my posts- but I just can't get over how much they have declined and wince thinking of people who pay full price for the sub (I am fortunately on the Gilt deal)

Interesting note:
I ordered a single box as a new subscription because I had a really good set of coupons/cashback/CC rewards that made it super cheap for one month, immediately cancelled, and got the Nuxe shimmer oil and the Too Faced Melted variation in that while my regular 6 month sub got the Tree hut and Vichy one.

I personally loved both variations, but it was kinda shady that my regular sub that I am locked into for another 3 months didn't get the 'sneak peak' item.

Wow, Nuxe oil, to shave oil, to a sample of shave gel?  I am sorry, a big disappointment.  I got my July box for $12.60 and then unsubscribed.  Still did not receive it.  I think I will stay unsubscribed after this. 

They should at least try to keep the values somewhat even.   That is just not right.

-Fango mask ($7)

-glov-on-the-go ($5)

-eyeko stick ($12)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I received this variation as well. My insert, though, showed both a Sabon shower oil and a Sabon lotion. Of course, they only sent the less expensive one of the two. I hadn't yet filled out the annual Customer Satisfaction Survey, but did so immediately after this box arrived. So disappointing!

I got the shave oil variation. I don't know why I wanted that Nuxe oil- since I still have a bunch from the holiday box, but I think it was mostly the principle! The shave oil full size retail is like $12

I got the box with the showe oil and I was confused because my card has it pictured as a duo with a shower lotion, yet I didn't get the lotion.

Only excited about the nail polish spray. This was the last month of my 6-month subscription and I don't see myself signing up again any time soon. I just haven't been wowed by any of the boxes, and Boxycharm has really impressed me the last two months.

Back