Glossybox July 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same box as you (-Fango mask ($7)

-glov-on-the-go ($5)-eyeko stick ($12)

-nail polish drying spray ($16)

-sinful colors "step 2 topcoat ($3)

-Sabon shower oil in delicate jasmine 1.7 oz (~$2.23)

Total value: $45.23)with the same card mentioning the solid perfume, which was not in my box. I got the same shower oil sample instead.  I am going to call them.

Can anyone tell me if the outer box had a white sticker sealing the lid?

I got a replacement box last month because someone tampered with the box and the mask was missing. I am wondering if Glossybox was the one who added the sticker to eliminate the possibility of tampering... 9Although this box also look someone opened it)
I got my second box. Not 100% sure which is from my sub and which is from my glossydots. This box had Nuxe Dry Oil Huile Prodigieuse, Nail Miracle Mist, Too Faced Melted lipstick in Chihuahua, Fango Moisture treatment sheet Mask, Eyeko fat stick in Satin, and the Glov quick treat.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend in the same position, label created but the box still hasn't shipped.  Did you try reaching out to GB CS?

I have a friend in the same position, label created but the box still hasn't shipped.  Did you try reaching out to GB CS?
I haven't but was going to wait another couple of days just in case.  I've never contacted CS but keep seeing they're rather slow to respond.

So not only did the insert in my box mention/picture SABON Shower Oil *and* SABON Body Lotion, but I was sent surveys for both products (despite only receiving the shower oil). Not that receiving both would made up for not receiving the Nuxe or Tree Hut, but still, the fact that the lotion was left out is extra irking.

Still no July box.  CS finally replied to me today with this:

We are truly sorry for the major delay this month!

Our intention is to always give our customers the most current shipping information. The warehouse informed us there are back-ordered products, as well as delays in FedEx truck pick-ups and transfers. As you can imagine, this has kept many customers waiting.

Please know that we understand this is not a top quality experience and apologize for any frustration. We hope to have updates within the next 24 hours and will absolutely keep you in the loop.

Thank you so much for your patience at this time.

I did not get my July box yet either.  I think it would have made more sense to reach out to subscribers receiving their box late rather than waste time replying to individual inquiries.  They need to get their act together..

I got my box yesterday and it had the Nuxe Oil (not shimmer, which I'm actually really happy about since I have no use for shimmery oil), a Too Faced Melted Lipstick, the Fango Mask, Eyeko Crayon, Nail dry spray, and the Glov on the Go thing. I'm really super happy with it, but I also would have been thrilled with the Vichy/Tree Hut variation. :) Super excited for next month.
Box twins! Just got my box today and I wa scared to open it after seeing the shenanigans they pulled. Mi e did have a sticker on the outside that said "variation 2" on it. I've never seen that before. So happy for the regular Nuxe oil.

So not only did the insert in my box mention/picture SABON Shower Oil *and* SABON Body Lotion, but I was sent surveys for both products (despite only receiving the shower oil). Not that receiving both would made up for not receiving the Nuxe or Tree Hut, but still, the fact that the lotion was left out is extra irking.
Reply from CS: After some investigation, we found the warehouse did not pack the Sabon lotion and oil together. Instead, the Sabon lotion will be added to your August Box. If you have a cancelled plan and not set to receive an August Box, we will manually create this order for you.

Did the warehouse also mistakenly pack $2 nail polish from last month into our boxes on accident? :/

Reply from CS: After some investigation, we found the warehouse did not pack the Sabon lotion and oil together. Instead, the Sabon lotion will be added to your August Box. If you have a cancelled plan and not set to receive an August Box, we will manually create this order for you.

I'm so mad I didn't get the Nuxe oil.  I actually like my box this month even without it, but I was really looking forward to trying the Nuxe oil and it was very misleading for Glossybox to release it as a spoiler but not give it to everyone.  I messaged their customer service and apparently they're sending me another item to make up for it, but unfortunately I didn't want anything they were offering as much as the Nuxe.

Unless Glossy really changes, I'm cancelling after my yearly subscription runs out. 

My box finally arrived today.  I noticed my surveys were up the other day, so I looked and it had the lower end items listed, but surprisingly, my box contains different items than were included in my surveys - I actually received the Nuxe and I'm shocked!

Mine has:

-Nuxe Shimmering Oil

-Leighton Denny Expert Nails Miracle Mist

-Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Chihuahua (which they sent me the exact same one a couple months ago)

-Fango Essenziali sheet mask

-Eyeko Fat Stick in Satin

-Glov Quick Treat

So after waiting that whole time and expecting a crappy box, I ended up with a nice box with stuff I'm excited to try.  I still feel badly for everyone else that got the shaft for July though :/

This is a really bizarre month for Glossybox. They had their share of screw ups in the past, but really seem to turn things around for a while. Now it feels like they're back to whacky long shipping and goofy practices like sending some people a $54 item and some people a $2 item.

If it makes anyone who missed out on the Nuxe feel better, they expire in November or December of this year :/
Thanks for the heads up. I do not always get around to trying new item quickly. This will encourage me to use it sooner. 

Back