Golden Tote

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Javaprincess /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the December $49 tote and received the same striped maxi dress pictured above but in tan/black, the cream, grey and black color block sweater and a set of hair ties.  I saw on another blog that most people also received a scarf in this tote which I did not.  Just for fun, I emailed CS and they told me that it was an oversight and that they would send me one right away.....yeah!  I was already happy with the two items plus the ties, so this makes it even more special!  I too am a little hesitant about the dress.....I tried it on with a jean jacket and liked it better but the waist is a little wonky on me.  I think I will be more inclined to wear it in the spring as I live in New England so it doesn't really appeal to me right now.  It is however, very nice quality and really soft and cozy. 

I would LOVE to see pics of the gift totes if anyone has them.  I am still thinking about ordering one or the other....or both...as they still have them available. 

I am officially addicted to Golden Tote.....It is my new favorite thing ever ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was addicted to Stitch Fix but this is more fun and much less expensive ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I will take pictures of my accessory tote once I open it. It's currently wrapped up since it's a Christmas present, but I may open it tomorrow.

I know I'm addicted to Golden Tote, too. It's such a good value! I just got my first fix from Stitch Fix and even though I chose "cheaper is better" for everything it's still more money than I'd spend on the stuff if I were shopping. I got a cardigan I really like, but it's $58! I would never spend that...but at the same time I'd rather not lose my $20 styling fee so I'll probably end up buying it haha

Please post the photos! I am still thinking of ordering either the accessory or the other luxury tote. Stitch Fix is pricey. I was a little disillusioned when a sweater I purchased from them for $90 was on sale days later on Hautelook for $36 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I did send back my entire last fix (I think my 5th?) even though I loved two items. I just couldn't justify the expense before Christmas...I was so sad though!

I'm bumping this thread bc there's another Golden Tote starting next week! I think I'll get in on it this month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So happy you bumped this thread; plan on trying one of the totes in the upcoming sale and would love a discussion and learn more:)

I've been thinking about doing one too! How's the sizing? I got my normal size on Stylemint and everything was too big. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's what I have been wondering too but I guess sizing depends on the different brands they include in the bag

I posted on their FB page and one of the owners got back to me with really clear advice on sizing. So I'd ask over there. I am usually a medium in places like Gap but a large in places like H and M or American Apparel, and I am getting a large with this tote. If it were all knits I'd probably buy a medium, bc there's a little give, but I am getting the printed blouse with this order and I don't want it too tight across the chest. 

In addition to the printed blouse I'm getting the stripey sweater. It looks really cute and comfy. I debated the green and white stripey dress from their fb page, but I know I won't wear it in our climate (as soon as spring hits it can be really hot out) so I didn't get it. It is already sold out. 

I hope they send me that beautiful bird print scarf from their page. 

Can't wait to try this bag! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm... Not a big fan of any of the 4 items you can choose from. Perhaps next month.

There are 6 items total--4 to choose from in the $149 tote and 2 others in the $49 tote. I liked the items. Wondering if I should have gotten that tank blouse, it looked boring at first but the colors are cute and the details really pretty. Oh well I'm sure I'll like the items I chose. 

I forgot to look at the $49 one. I thought they were the same and you just got to pick from one set instead of the two.

I think it used to be but they changed it. There was a color block sweater last time that was in both iirc. 

This is a really interesting service I was going to grab one but didn't like any of the items you got to choose from in either priced bag. Maybe next time, I know I will for sure be keeping an eye on them.

I am getting the smaller tote. As we get to choose only our first item with this I chose the striped blue sweater; we'll see how it goes, I am rather excited and will keep you posted:)

Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am getting the smaller tote. As we get to choose only our first item with this I chose the striped blue sweater; we'll see how it goes, I am rather excited and will keep you posted:)
Post pictures when you get it I'd love to see what else they put in them!

Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am getting the smaller tote too.  I do love that blue hoodie, so I am hoping for good things!!

Oh my god. I want this. But then my husband would DEFINITELY kill me. That would be like 9 subs per month. lol

I am getting the smaller tote too.  I do love that blue hoodie, so I am hoping for good things!!
I thought the blue hoodie was so nice for casual chic days:) I am secretly hoping they will put a fancy top/ dress for the second item, love the suspense

Back