Good stuff you can only get in Japan?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to Japan in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if anyone here knows of any good makeup stuff I should watch out for while there.

Or non-makeup stuff, for that matter.

(The worst thing is coming back from a trip and reading somewhere that I missed out on buying something that was exclusive to that area!)

Originally Posted by paige3838 Hi,
I'm going to Japan in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if anyone here knows of any good makeup stuff I should watch out for while there.

(The worst thing is coming back from a trip and reading somewhere that I missed out on buying something that was exclusive to that area!)

i would load up on baby pink stuff i LOVE their glosses

or get shiseido or shu uemura stuff i'm sure you could get that stuff cheaper there than here.

Definitely check out Kanebo. It's a really good line. I used it when I lived in Finland but I haven't been able to find the line here in the US. I loved the Kanebo makeup powder.

Originally Posted by paige3838 Hi,

MAC's LE Lustrevision collection, only available in Asia!
Pick me up some, lol!
wink.gif
j/k

Hi there are lots of things to buy here.

First and foremost is a line called Inoui ID - it's sold ONLY in Japan. It can be found at Tokyu Department store in Shibuya and Takashimaya in Shinjuku.

MAC has asia only items and Japan only items as well (lipsticks and a white line right now).

Armani often comes out with stuff in japan before other places.

There's an upscale brand called Suqqu which you'll find here. Other Japanese lines are Shu Uemura, RMK, Ipsa, Lunasol by Kanebo(foundations are lovely), Kesalan Parthon (spelled wrong).

Also there are several lines of cosmetic brushes that are to die for! 2 of them can be found right next to Inoui ID at Tokyu dept. store Shibuya - Chasty and Hokodo-do (spelled wrong again). At Inoui ID - don't let them con you into buying the case for the e/s quad - it's 3150 and no one buys the case. They have a GWP event on May 21st.

Any questions, let me know.

C

I love Kanebo stuff too. Reija, there are many store that carry Kanebo in US. Here is what I found in CA. They can also send you by mail
wink.gif

Also here are sites I usually visit
icon_smile.gif
http://www.kanebo.com/products/products.htm

http://www.barneys.com/index_flash.html

state_header.gif

CALIFORNIA

SAN FRANCISCO

Saks Fifth Avenue

380 Post Street

San Francisco, CA

415 986 4300

LOS ANGELES

Barneys Beverly Hills

9570 Wilshire Blvd at Camden

Beverly Hills, CA 90212

310 276 4400 x5608

Saks Fifth Avenue

9600 Wilshire Blvd.

Beverly Hills, CA 90212

310 275 4211

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Definitely check out Kanebo. It's a really good line. I used it when I lived in Finland but I haven't been able to find the line here in the US. I loved the Kanebo makeup powder.

2nd the KP stuff & of course to the Armani.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Check out the Shu Uemura line & Baby Pink. I forgot about Inoui, but here nothing but great things about it.

Latest posts

Back