Gorgeous Georgia Peach Palette-Benefit

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
It's finally coming!

detail_georgia_palette.jpg

I wish the photo was bigger, but this is all I could find. The palette comes with a mini- Georgia Peach complexion powder, me, myself and I shimmery eye color and a matte brown shadow called Groundhog day. The lip cream is called I think I love you, which is a pale matte creamy peach. Very natural and soft! i bought one of these last week for my friend's birthday. It's only available at the Benefit boutique in Berkeley and San Francisco, and coming to Sephora soon.

It's available on Benefit's site too, right now! I posted in the codes/discounts section.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Looks very pretty.

Originally Posted by Scarlette It's finally coming!
detail_georgia_palette.jpg

I wish the photo was bigger, but this is all I could find. The palette comes with a mini- Georgia Peach complexion powder, me, myself and I shimmery eye color and a matte brown shadow called Groundhog day. The lip cream is called I think I love you, which is a pale matte creamy peach. Very natural and soft! i bought one of these last week for my friend's birthday. It's only available at the Benefit boutique in Berkeley and San Francisco, and coming to Sephora soon.

Oh that palette is CALLING me big time. Ok if i stop spending & start saving i should be able to buy it by the time it's releseased in Ireland without feeling guilty! Thanks for posting a pic Scarlette

I love Georgia peach, it looks fan all over when you need a pick me up. My mum and i are boycotting Benefit at the moment because her "speed bump" cream e/s has nearly run out. It's her favourite shade and they don't make it any more. I think that Benefit's colour selction of cream eyeshadows is really strange, I can understand keeping Nina's Nugget and Naughty Feather, but I really don't understand why they chose to keep the other shades and get rid of some of the more flattering ones. I'm all for colour but I can't imagine Big Kahuna suiting anyone.

I've never tried any of their makeup... but I got one gloss on Ebay that I liked (not sticky! yay!) so i just ordered (& received today) another gloss in "thigh High"
icon_cheesygrin.gif
like that so far!

You are not the only one Trisha
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I didn't get lucky with Benefit either...

Originally Posted by Trisha I'm probably in the minority but I don't like BeneFit x

I used to be a Benefit freak. I had almost everything in their line but about a couple of months ago they changed their make-up line and it wasn't the same. I loved their cream eye shadows and the new ones don't do it for me at all.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I love Georgia peach, it looks fan all over when you need a pick me up. My mum and i are boycotting Benefit at the moment because her "speed bump" cream e/s has nearly run out. It's her favourite shade and they don't make it any more. I think that Benefit's colour selction of cream eyeshadows is really strange, I can understand keeping Nina's Nugget and Naughty Feather, but I really don't understand why they chose to keep the other shades and get rid of some of the more flattering ones. I'm all for colour but I can't imagine Big Kahuna suiting anyone. To clear a few things up:
The cream eyeshadows that Benefit originally sold were rather un-popular. Nobody bought them. I struggled to sell them, people complained about the colors except for nina's nugget, naughty feather, moon doggie, charm school and my date's my brother and big kahuna, which are colors they still sell now. The company realized that they needed to change something about their eyeshadows, so they basically kept all the same colors they had before, except turned them into powder form. The shadows do sell rather well now, especially the Show Offs loose powder ones, and the creams never sell because of the texture, they are no longer the creaseless formula that they had before. My co-workers and I were kinda pissed off at this point and we brought attention this situation to the CEO of Benefit. She told us that the biggest mistake the company made was changing the formula of the cream shadows and that it's COMING BACK!!!

So, with that said, we are looking forward to the old formula to come back, not sure about what colors will be arriving or if any will be added. As far as old colors being discontinued, it was something we had to do because nobody liked the colors except a very select few. All companies discontinue color because color isn't the main focus most of the time, except for MAC and they disc. stuff all the time! Benefit's focus is on fake-its and we only show color during makeovers and separate appointments. I would rather sell a 30 dollar foundation than a 14 dollar shadow that took a girl 30 minutes to choose.

Big Kahuna (golden orange) is one of my favorite colors! It's really nice with Bambi (yellow-pink)show off dusted on top and Hey Bellboy (shimmery plum) in the crease. It's my signature eye! I will have to do a FOTD with that look soon~! I will let you guys know what is going on with that cream shadow development when I find out more.

Other new stuff coming out:

Brand new from BeneFit (in fact, more than new -- this is due on shelves in May 2005!). Be the first one on your block to own BeneFit's "Hi, Neighbor" -- yet another camp-appeal yet high-performance formula from BeneFit. 3.5 fl oz/ 100 ml Particularly recommended for normal to oily complexions-- use all over or where you need it! Pink liquid clay mask that quickly clarifies your skin Features a blend of bentonite and kaolin clays, oat flour, and provitamin B5 Cleanses, calms and rinses clean for a fresh, soft complexion Comes with cute built-in applicator: a round poufy dauber Suggested retail price: $20

Not on my Pillow - makeup remover

Prom Gloss - Not sure what this is!!! It sounds cute though!

Gosh, I wish I could have you guys visit me, I could show you how great Benefit stuff is, I know too many tricks and cool looks to make those cream shadows work!

Yay! I am putting together a portfolio of diff. Benefit looks for my interview on Saturday. I used all benefit for my look and I will break it all down! This picture is all I have right now, my camera is bad, so I am going to re-do this look and take it with a better cam! But here it is for now:

Foundation:

Non-Fiction liquid foundation in Volume 1

Foundation brush

IT stick concealer on pimples and scars

Georgia Peach powder on entire face

Eyes:

Brow Zing wax and powder kit in #4, sealed in with Shelaq liquid makeup sealer

Brandon Brow brush (only thing NOT Benefit! But I love this brush!)

Lemon Aid primer/brightener on entire lid and underneath eye using ring finger

Big Kahuna creme shadow (old creaseless formula, still the same color) on bottom lid

Bambi Show-Off iridescent power shadow dusted on top of creme shadow (MAC Melon pigment also looks good on top of this creme shadow)

Hey Bellboy pressed powder shadow in the crease using the angled crease brush

It Stick concealer below brows to conceal hairs and highlight

BabeCakes cake liquid liner using my Get Bent brush on top lid

Onyx kohl liner in bottom rim

Hey Bellboy also dusted below the eye

Cheeks:

Hoola bronzer (just a TINY bit with my old Benefit fan brush)

Dandelion highlighter used as a blush

Lips:

Flush lipliner

Tickle lipstick (creme)

No Peeking lip gloss on top (creme)

Originally Posted by Scarlette My co-workers and I were kinda pissed off at this point and we brought attention this situation to the CEO of Benefit. She told us that the biggest mistake the company made was changing the formula of the cream shadows and that it's COMING BACK!!! I would love it if they came back. That is why I fell in love with Benefit make-up. I swear to you, I had every item in their catalog at one time. Please do let us know when it is coming back. I will be the first one at my local Benefit.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette Gosh, I wish I could have you guys visit me, I could show you how great Benefit stuff is, I know too many tricks and cool looks to make those cream shadows work! What Benefit location do you work at? I see that you are in the Bay Area and so am I. I live in Marin County and when I used to be a Benefit freak, would often go to the Mill Valley store. The girls there have always been super nice and not pushy at all just for the sake of making a sale.

I will be (hopefully and most likely) working at the Benefit Boutique in Berkeley. It's a full service waxing salon and they get all of the new items first before anyone else. I've worked for Benefit for two years and now I am ready to go to the boutique which is basically like a "pro store" that sells other things besides what you see on the website and at Macy's. They also reserve the store for "Pretty parties" where customers invite their friends to come, in your jammies if you want, and get makeovers and listen to your own CDs. It sounds really fun! I will let you know when I am working so you can come on down! I used to work at NewPark Macy's, and that place was really ghetto! MAC had a high return rate because people bought makeup and returned it after their party or event, I marked my receipts so that people couldn't do that to me!

Originally Posted by Scarlette I used to work at NewPark Macy's, and that place was really ghetto! MAC had a high return rate because people bought makeup and returned it after their party or event, I marked my receipts so that people couldn't do that to me! Oh damn. I'm originally from Vallejo, so I know how ghetto the bay area can be. lol.

Oh yay Scarlette, I'm glad to hear about this job opportunity for you! I'll have to come by the store when I'm in NorCal next.
smile.gif

I like the Georgia palette a lot -- but my only beef is that it has "Me Myself & I", just like the Hoola palette. I wanted more variety!
frown.gif
But I did have to giggle, because of the "I Think I Love You" lipstick. Anyone listen to Ryan Seacrest in the mornings? LOL!

Originally Posted by Scarlette I will be (hopefully and most likely) working at the Benefit Boutique in Berkeley. It's a full service waxing salon and they get all of the new items first before anyone else. I've worked for Benefit for two years and now I am ready to go to the boutique which is basically like a "pro store" that sells other things besides what you see on the website and at Macy's. They also reserve the store for "Pretty parties" where customers invite their friends to come, in your jammies if you want, and get makeovers and listen to your own CDs. It sounds really fun! I will let you know when I am working so you can come on down! I used to work at NewPark Macy's, and that place was really ghetto! MAC had a high return rate because people bought makeup and returned it after their party or event, I marked my receipts so that people couldn't do that to me! I really like the Berkely store. Its in the best location and it has a lot of my other favorite stores around - MAC, Bare Essentuals, Crate & Barrel and of course, Benefit. Please do let us know when you start there and also, I am thinking of getting my brows waxed for the first time
eek.gif
and would love a recommendation from you in regards to the waxing salon at Benefit.
TIA!

Well, guys! I start on SATURDAY! It's going to be very busy because it's prom, so I won't be able to work too much with friends.. it's gonna be mom's and teens all day! YAY! I have a job! I will be making almost twice as much as I did at Macy's!

Good luck and don't work too hard
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette Well, guys! I start on SATURDAY! It's going to be very busy because it's prom, so I won't be able to work too much with friends.. it's gonna be mom's and teens all day! YAY! I have a job! I will be making almost twice as much as I did at Macy's!

Originally Posted by Scarlette Well, guys! I start on SATURDAY! It's going to be very busy because it's prom, so I won't be able to work too much with friends.. it's gonna be mom's and teens all day! YAY! I have a job! I will be making almost twice as much as I did at Macy's! CONGRATS Scarlette! Best of luck with your new job. I'm so happy for you
biggrin.gif

I am excited and nervous and everything all at once. I will be across the street from the MAC pro store too! If anyone needs something, let me know! =)

Latest posts

Back