Got sucked into buying a professional brush today

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to get my hair weaved and cut today. My hairdresser used this brush to blow dry and after I saw the results I wanted to get it. This is the first time I've spent money on a brush bought from a salon. I always just buy the drugstore brushes. This one was $30! I can't believe I bought it. It better be good for that price! My hairdresser said that it will last a long time. It's called Bio Ionic and it's suppose to add shine, tame frizzies and control static. It's suppose to be good for the hair and minimize breakage and seal spilt ends. I didn't think a brush could do all that and I'm still sceptical but my hair looks good so I wanted to try it. We will see how I do when I use it vs my hairdresser. I can never get my hair to look the same at home as it does at the salon. I guess that's why I'm not a hairdresser and I pay her to do it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i know, i can never get my hair to look as nice as when i first get it done
frown.gif

i've never heard of that brush, but then i don't look at the expensive stuff. lol. i'm happy with my $4 brush from longs. hehe

Hey Reija! You have to take pics of the re-cut & color !
wink.gif
I've heard of that brush line - it's pretty good, but you have to style your hair the way the hairdresser does to get the same results... it's all in the technique ~ only part of it is the brush. Those brushes are usually pretty pricey, at that trade show they're a little cheaper - but it's still less than a Mason-Pearson!! Lol Those are like $70+++ !!!
icon_eek.gif
Were you taking mental notes of how your stylist did your hair? That's the easiest way to be able to re-create it...
wink.gif

I knew I should have gone to Sally's and looked. Oh well, next time I will. Thanks!

I was trying to pay attention to what she did. It looked pretty easy. I don't want a hair cut that's too complicated. Here are the pictures:

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I was trying to pay attention to what she did. It looked pretty easy. I don't want a hair cut that's too complicated. Here are the pictures: Love it!!! Looks good!
smile.gif
I think you should be able to do that no prob - just roll the brush toward your face when you dry the angles, and you'll get those wisps
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I went to get my hair weaved and cut today. My hairdresser used this brush to blow dry and after I saw the results I wanted to get it. This is the first time I've spent money on a brush bought from a salon. I always just buy the drugstore brushes. This one was $30! I can't believe I bought it. It better be good for that price! My hairdresser said that it will last a long time. It's called Bio Ionic and it's suppose to add shine, tame frizzies and control static. It's suppose to be good for the hair and minimize breakage and seal spilt ends. I didn't think a brush could do all that and I'm still sceptical but my hair looks good so I wanted to try it. We will see how I do when I use it vs my hairdresser. I can never get my hair to look the same at home as it does at the salon. I guess that's why I'm not a hairdresser and I pay her to do it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Hi Reija,The whole Bio Ionic line is expensive. The are part of their straightening system and everything has negative ions in it which is what makes your hair shinier and less frizzy. The blow dryer does the same and is also expensive. Let us know how it works for you when you use it yourself...

Originally Posted by screeema Hi Reija,The whole Bio Ionic line is expensive. The are part of their straightening system and everything has negative ions in it which is what makes your hair shinier and less frizzy. The blow dryer does the same and is also expensive. Let us know how it works for you when you use it yourself...

I use the Ionizer dryer by Vidal Sassoon (part of their straightening 'kit' with brush & flat iron) best dryer I've ever used and only $25!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back