Green eyeshadow looks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a few greens that I like, but always looking for new things to wear with them. I have MAC Humid eyeshadow, which is a really pretty dark green. I also have MAC Rosemary&Thyme eye kohl, which is a pretty olive green type color with some gold to it. It's a nice color, but I'm not sure what to pair with it. Golds? Browns? Or other green looks that you like?

I think your eye khol would look great with bronze. I have hazel eyes, and like to use a rich dark green eyeshadow to outline my eyes on the upper and lower lid and then I use black khol eyeliner to create a smokey effect. I finish with black mascara.

This is my favorite green eye look. Humid on the lid with Cranberry V'ed out on the corner. Black eyeliner on top and bottom inside of rim and lined on the bottom with humid, hilite browbone with Nylon. Another nice green is MAC Swimming and Shu #555.

I love greens..especially olive greens..you can create great olive smokey eye looks with them. They especially go well with golds. I'll use a lighter olive shade on the lid, darker olive in the crease and outer V, a really dark forest green shade to line, and then a lil bit of gold to highlight. The gold works best to highlight if one of your green shadows has a gold undertone or sheen as well.

I never would have thought to pair Cranberry with Humid! I've been looking at Cranberry, but haven't bought it yet. Maybe I'll have to splurge
smile.gif

And I actually have MAC swimming, but don't use that very often, since it can look kind of bright. I'll have to try it some more.

Originally Posted by Tinydancer This is my favorite green eye look.
Humid on the lid with Cranberry V'ed out on the corner.

Black eyeliner on top and bottom inside of rim and lined on the bottom with humid, hilite browbone with Nylon.

Another nice green is MAC Swimming and Shu #555.

Purdy! Originally Posted by Mz LaLa I love greens..especially olive greens..you can create great olive smokey eye looks with them. They especially go well with golds. I'll use a lighter olive shade on the lid, darker olive in the crease and outer V, a really dark forest green shade to line, and then a lil bit of gold to highlight. The gold works best to highlight if one of your green shadows has a gold undertone or sheen as well.

Yeah, give it a try and if you don't like it, Cranberry is a great color to have anyways. Other fab greens, bronzes & golds are: Vex, Bobbi Brown Mint, MAC Goldmine, Urban Decay Acid Rain & MAC Bronze.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I never would have thought to pair Cranberry with Humid! I've been looking at Cranberry, but haven't bought it yet. Maybe I'll have to splurge
smile.gif
And I actually have MAC swimming, but don't use that very often, since it can look kind of bright. I'll have to try it some more.

I tried a new green look yesterday, so I wanted to share
smile.gif
I started with MAC swimming lightly over the lid, then mulch in the crease. I used the Rosemary&Thyme eye pencil to line the upper lashline, and used a brush to smudge. Came out pretty, and not too intense!

Still experimenting with all of your other suggestions!

Hey You littleweirdo!

That sounds real pretty. Swimming is such a nice green. Your post has put my swimming back into rotation!

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I tried a new green look yesterday, so I wanted to share
smile.gif
I started with MAC swimming lightly over the lid, then mulch in the crease. I used the Rosemary&Thyme eye pencil to line the upper lashline, and used a brush to smudge. Came out pretty, and not too intense! Still experimenting with all of your other suggestions!

Latest posts

Back