Grey's Anatomy **Spoilers inside**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was really pumped for this new show that premiered on Sunday night after Desperate Housewives. Anyone catch it? Here is an article on the show from the New York Daily News.

GREY'S ANATOMY

Sunday night at 10, ABC. ABC is using the hour after the first fresh "Desperate Housewives" since the Paleolithic era to launch a series: "Grey's Anatomy," a medical drama borrowing the "Boston Legal" time slot for spring.

It's a good gambit - and a good show.

"Grey's Anatomy," premiering Sunday night at 10, stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, whom we follow on her first day at a Seattle hospital as one of a squad of first-year surgical interns. Hence the title, a play on the most well-known medical textbook.

"Grey's Anatomy," written and created by Shonda Rhimes, captures all the hectic exhilaration, disappointment and fear of someone in a high-pressure hospital environment.

"St. Elsewhere" did this stuff brilliantly with residents, "ER" does it with emergency-room doctors, and "Doogie Howser, M.D." did it with an underage genius.

"Grey's" does it with a female protagonist, and one who's satisfyingly complex. So are some of her fellow surgical interns, including Christina Yang (Sandra Oh of "Sideways"), an intensely competitive and intelligent woman; Isobel Stevens (Katherine Heigl of "Roswell"), whose beauty is held against her, and George O'Malley (T.R. Knight), a nervous but nice doctor in training.

The physicians overseeing their training are complicated, and satisfying, as well.

Patrick Dempsey, in a role that could return him to sex-symbol status, plays Derek Shepherd, the cockiest TV doctor to swagger in scrubs since George Clooney left "ER." Chandra Wilson is humorously tough as no-nonsense Miranda Bailey, and Isaiah Washington plays the brutally honest, yet impressively gifted, Preston Burke.

Peter Horton, one of the stars of "thirtysomething," coaxes very smooth and credible performances out of the entire ensemble. This is a group of actors and characters likely to catch on quickly - especially since Rhimes gives them all moments, and quirks, and serves up more than a few surprises.

Sunday's pilot covers the first 48 hours of Grey's first rotation. It begins with a comic twist, and ends with a dramatic one. In between is as satisfying a medical mystery as any on "House," and a hospital full of intriguing and often conflicted characters.

The best thing about "Grey's Anatomy" is the way it homes in on what it feels like to be at a new job, with new pressures, competitive new colleagues, demanding bosses and one life-and-death situation after another.

By the end of the first hour, there's no way not to feel empathy for Grey; she's absolutely charming, real and touching. By the end of the second hour, the moments she spends with her mother will touch you deeply, and the justifiable tantrum thrown by Heigl's Isobel will rank as the most potent wardrobe malfunction so far in 2005.

The pilot episodes of "St. Elsewhere" and "Doogie Howser" both started where "Grey's" does, with the first tour of duty - an effective way to introduce both the stresses and the players.

And when that tour is over, with "Grey's" as with those impressive predecessors, you're eager to return for more. This, folks, is the "Anatomy" of a success.

i watched. it wasn't bad. i perfer ER but i want to see a few more shows b4 i make up my mind on it. (patrick dempsey is still a hottie)

Originally Posted by Anya1976 (patrick dempsey is still a hottie) OMG yes! He's grown into his looks w/age. I still remember his guest appearance on Will & Grace & thought he was smokin' hot!

I'm such a dork & missed it. I hope they'll replay it so I can try to catch up this Sunday.

YES! Let me just say, he wasn't the man he is today & BOY has he come a LONG way!

Originally Posted by Marisol Do you remember how dorky he was in the movie "Can't Buy Me Love"? i thought he was cute in that movie. a bit on the skinny side but still cute.

Originally Posted by keaLoha OMG yes! He's grown into his looks w/age. I still remember his guest appearance on Will & Grace & thought he was smokin' hot! oh yea hubba hubba!!! so yummy

I enjoyed the show, and I agree with everyone else... Patrick Dempsey is hot. I think he's better looking now than he ever was before... Yum.

Originally Posted by paige3838 I enjoyed the show, and I agree with everyone else... Patrick Dempsey is hot. I think he's better looking now than he ever was before... Yum. i always thought he was cute but he will keep me watching the show.

Patrick Dempsey is such a hottie! I have a special affinity towards him, since we share the same b'day.
wink.gif
(Jan 13th)

I liked last night's show (the second episode), too... I hope it sticks around. Does anyone know what time slot it will be moving to when Boston Legal returns?

Originally Posted by paige3838 I liked last night's show (the second episode), too... I hope it sticks around. Does anyone know what time slot it will be moving to when Boston Legal returns? i liked the ep the other night too. and no i don't know where it will be moving. but i am sure that someone will know. HOPEFULLY it doesn't go against any of my other fave shows or will stop watching

I loved it. I was such a great episode. I love the part where they are about to get into the elevator (the second time) and he was talking about not kissing. He is just so cute!

Originally Posted by Marisol I loved it. I was such a great episode. I love the part where they are about to get into the elevator (the second time) and he was talking about not kissing. He is just so cute! oh yea i totally agree he is cute. but i just LOVE that man. he's still as cute as he ever was.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 oh yea i totally agree he is cute. but i just LOVE that man. he's still as cute as he ever was. oh yeah... I've thought he was a cutie since "Loverboy"! LOL
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 oh yeah... I've thought he was a cutie since "Loverboy"! LOL
icon_redface.gif
i love that movie. but can't buy me love is a total fave of mine!!!

Why oh why did Dr. Shepherd have to be cheating on his wife? I really liked them together as a couple. Now next season what's going to happen? Hopefully he is legally separated or something like that so it won't be that bad or he's already in the process of a divorce or something. That wife did seem like a B***h though. didn't she?

Anothe Grey's Anatomy fan! YAY!!!!!! I love this show. I have been hooked since the first episode. I hate how they left us hanging. I think Dr. Sheperd and George are my faves. Well, so is Alex, Izzy, Christina, Burke, the Nazy and Meredith.

I love all the characters too! When did Patrick Dempsey become soooooooo good-looking? He was such a geeky nerd in "Can't buy me love".

Latest posts

Back