Grow my Hair Back, Speedily

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey SmartStyle,

I want long hair again. I finally started missing it after cutting it chin length. Do those hair vitamins really work? I only tried one brand a long time ago and they made me sick so I quit taking them.

111ban6.jpg
cali and Cindie out to dinner

Originally Posted by Californian Hey SmartStyle,I want long hair again. I finally started missing it after cutting it chin length. Do those hair vitamins really work? I only tried one brand a long time ago and they made me sick so I quit taking them.

111ban6.jpg
cali and Cindie out to dinner

Vitamins do help hair grow faster and healthier, but they work diffrent for everyone. There are so many out there but I take Biotin and it works well for me and it is sooooooo cheap.If they make you sick, please pay attention to the amount you take. If it says take one 3 times a day, start off with just taking one once a day and not on an empty stomach. Let your body build up to them.

Cali, your hair is STUNNNING in the pic
smile.gif
Wonder if any of those vitamins are available in Ireland.. Must check that out!

Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Vitamins do help hair grow faster and healthier, but they work diffrent for everyone. There are so many out there but I take Biotin and it works well for me and it is sooooooo cheap.If they make you sick, please pay attention to the amount you take. If it says take one 3 times a day, start off with just taking one once a day and not on an empty stomach. Let your body build up to them.

Irish and Smart:Thanks for the feedback.. it's good to get the heads up on vitamins when there are sooooooooooooo many to chose from. I will do my research and then hit the bottle. It's healthy to get all the new growth going since I cut off 7 inches, but now I need to grow it out again. I decided that I prefer it long even though shorter is MUCH easier and hassle free all around. I just miss it even though it is fine in texture.
smile.gif
People seem to be divided about which they like better (short or long hair) but since I've got what I got and I cannot change it now, I'd rather not know which they prefer! LOL!

(BTW ty Laura. xo)

Cali

Originally Posted by Irishgirl Cali,
I know how you feel girl..I have fine-textured hair but I have a lot of it! I can say that when it's "bobbed" the ends feel so much better but for some reason I am attached to my long hair even though it's a pain in the "arse" to style. I can tell you that Nick Chavez's Volumizing Hair Kit on QVC has done wonders for my hair in terms of volume/texture. I would have never thought that I would like shampoo/styling products from TV but his rock; in my opinion..The Volumizing Mist and Volumizing Elixir gives my hair that "fat look"..So I says, "I am not fat, I am just fluffy!" So I don't mind "shakin uh tail-feath-uh!" like Tina Turner..ROFL!

lol @ fluffy. I love the feel of long hair and I love that I can do so much with it. But you are right, it is a total pain in the ass. I always had trouble with knots and when my husband would hug me, he'd sometimes pull out my hair if it got caught under him. OUch! I'd say please be careful, that hurts!!!Anyway, this shorter bob is great for summer. I do like it. I think I just prefer longer hair. Although my cut now looks more professional. Too bad extentions are costly and NOT good for your hair.

Thanks for your help on the vit's and on the fluffy products.

Califoryan
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pampam Smartstyle, Hi there! I have a question for ya! I am excited to see this thread because I *just* started taking Biotin yesterday!!! The guy at GNC had recommended the 2500 mcg tablet...but I was concerned that the dosage was too high...so, I opted for the 600 mcg tablet, and plan on taking 3x per day. Is this a good dosage to start? I just got my hair cut short, and I love it (but, I am always changing my hair, LOL, and now want to grow it long!). Also, when should I start seeing results? Thanks!!! Hey Pam, I take Biotin also but as far as how much to take,well I just do what the lable on the back of the bottle tells me to. If you think that is to much then start with half that. Biotin is not a mircale hair drug or anything so you will not see results right away. It took me about a month and a half before I noticed I was having to do my color more often. Everyones body is diffrent so it will work diffrent for everyone. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions about it just let me know.

Latest posts

Back