Gwyneth Paltrow tapped as new face of Estee Lauder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you think?

Oscar-winning actress and new mom Gwyneth Paltrow will become the latest celebrity spokeswoman for makeup and fragrance icon Estee Lauder Cos. Inc., the company said on Monday. Terms of Paltrow's multi-year contract were not disclosed.

"Gwyneth personifies the image of our brand," Aerin Lauder, the company's senior vice president of global creative directions, said in a statement. "She is aspirational and stylish while being grounded, family-oriented and approachable."

The actress, 32, will begin appearing in print and television advertisements this holiday season as part of a 10-year anniversary celebration of Estee Lauder's Pleasure fragrance line.

Paltrow will also appear in other Estee Lauder fragrance and makeup ads, the company said in a statement.

Also on Monday, Estee Lauder said long-time spokeswoman Elizabeth Hurley, 39, will become the new face of its Re-Nutriv skincare line. The British model-turned-actress, who has been the face of Estee Lauder for over a decade, will be featured in a new ad campaign for the Re-Nutriv brand later this year.

Does the company not rememeber this lovely pic?

oscars3.jpg

I am not a Gwyneth fan.

i'm not a fan either. she seems so .... "i'm grace kelly-ish" and is so not. lol

What happened to her living a "low-key" life? I think they could have found someone better. Not a huge fan of hers either. I just can't associate her with EL.

I actually like Gwynet-I think she´s classy and beautiful, but I agree the outfit and makeup on the pic below is horrible.

I have no idea why Liz Hurley was EL´s face for so long-I think she looks so fake!

Originally Posted by Marisol What do you think? Does the company not rememeber this lovely pic?
oscars3.jpg

I am not a Gwyneth fan.

I like Gwynneth & think that photo does her no justice. After her giving birth, she has a glow (not to mention body) that really looks good on her.
I can't see her as an EL, but then again, I didn't see Liz Hurley doing it either, but she was their spokesmodel for 6 years before moving to their fragrances.

I can't see why EL added her on when they already have two great spokesmodels (Liya Kebede & Carolyn Murphy) on board. Frankly, they should've used her for Stila b/c she's been a fan of theirs for years. I know that Jeanine Lobell still has creative control over them, but had they approached her, she might consider making GP the first face of Stila. Who knows....

Oh well, I'm happy for her.

She has a great face for makeup.Check out Kevyn Aucoin"Face foward"he did amazing things with her.Altough he could make any one beautiful,He made them feel beautiful.I think she will do well for estee lauder

God that's an awful pic but i've seen more good than bad pics of her to be honest! Now did i hear right but isn't she just being the face for the Pleasures fragrance or is she doing make up too?

Latest posts

Back