Quantcast

Hair gloss treatments?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
Has anyone ever used a hair gloss treatment? I heard you do it like once a month and it makes your hair shiny.

 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
Liz, please tell me more. I'd like to give this a try, but not sure if my stylist does this.


 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
I do a gloss treatment at home every 2 weeks. I use tigi bed head Chocolate Head. I repairs my hair and makes it look really glossy and shiny. You can guess what it leaves it smelling of too! :icon_love

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Liz, are you talking about a conditioning/shine treatment or a clear color gloss? I really like JaZzing's clear for a nice shine. It's like a hair dye, but it's clear, so it adds a nice shine without adding a color. You just put it on... warm it a little with a hairdryer, and then rinse it out. Its a good option if you like the staying power of a dye, but a nice shiny result.


 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
i'm not sure what it is exactly. i just heard about a gloss treatment, something that will make your hair shiny.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i'm not sure what it is exactly. i just heard about a gloss treatment, something that will make your hair shiny. I would try the JazZing... if you can get it (I get mine at Sally's)





SHINY-SHEER HAIRCOLOR

THE ART OF SHEER HAIRCOLOR PERFECTED!

<CENTER><TABLE width=439 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=431>

  • Gentle formula can be used immediately after relaxer
  • Intermixable shades for dramatic effects
  • Inspires multiple shade usage
  • No alcohol - No peroxide - No ammonia - More shine
  • Jazzing is temporary, but just turn on the heat for semi-permanent results
  • 3 oz. applicator bottle
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2># 75000 - Clairol Jazzing Hair Color - 3 oz. </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle rowSpan=5>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I get the "Clear" one (#10) and heat it up with the dryer for a semi-perm result... and since it's clear, there's no color - just the shine!
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
cool. thanks! i'll have to check it out next time i'm over by sallys

 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
0
I usually get a gloss treatment after I get my highlights. Makes my hair silky, shiny and so soft. Suppose to get it done every 4 or so weeks I think.

 
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sofia I usually get a gloss treatment after I get my highlights. Makes my hair silky, shiny and so soft. Suppose to get it done every 4 or so weeks I think. I don't have any highlights but I'm going to try it too!Thanks for the info Janelle

 
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
I have been wanting to try a gloss, but didn't know what kind. I am going to check it out at Sally's tomorrow. Can anyone buy it or do you have to have your cosmetology license?

thanks!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I would try the JazZing... if you can get it (I get mine at Sally's)





SHINY-SHEER HAIRCOLOR

THE ART OF SHEER HAIRCOLOR PERFECTED!

<CENTER><TABLE width=439 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=431>

  • Gentle formula can be used immediately after relaxer
  • Intermixable shades for dramatic effects
  • Inspires multiple shade usage
  • No alcohol - No peroxide - No ammonia - More shine
  • Jazzing is temporary, but just turn on the heat for semi-permanent results
  • 3 oz. applicator bottle
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2># 75000 - Clairol Jazzing Hair Color - 3 oz. </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle rowSpan=5>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I get the "Clear" one (#10) and heat it up with the dryer for a semi-perm result... and since it's clear, there's no color - just the shine!


 
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
i always wanted to try a gloss treatment but will it leave my hair flat without a trace of volume?

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by luckylabonte I have been wanting to try a gloss, but didn't know what kind. I am going to check it out at Sally's tomorrow. Can anyone buy it or do you have to have your cosmetology license?thanks!

Nope, anyone can buy it at Sally's
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by sugersoul i always wanted to try a gloss treatment but will it leave my hair flat without a trace of volume? It's really not heavy or anything... it's just a clear gloss. Almost like a hair dye, but clear. It might make it a little softer, but won't really change the amt. of volume you have. It's really just to add shine.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 It's really not heavy or anything... it's just a clear gloss. Almost like a hair dye, but clear. It might make it a little softer, but won't really change the amt. of volume you have. It's really just to add shine.

oHH,THIS IS SOMETHING I GOTTA TRY!! Thanks Janelle


 
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
I got the JazZing clear gloss today and can't wait to try it.

How long should I leave it on? The instructions say 5-10 mins which is a wide time frame.


Also it says process without heat, but Janelle said to heat it up with the dryer?

thanks!

 
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
planning to get some it too
i was wondering...does it cover up split ends?


cause i remeber i tried the Bedhead Chocolate Head one left my hair shiny, but VERY dry.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Hey gals!

It can help with the appearance of split ends, but it's not a cure... eventually you WILL have to get that trim!! lol

I used a hair dryer to heat mine... helps it absorb better, and the more absorbed, the longer the shine will last.

You can leave it in for 10min. if your hair is 'normal'... I put it on, and blow dried it until it was almost like totally dry and sort of 'hardened'. It's only a gloss coat, so it really isn't going to damage your hair if you leave it on for more than 5 min. - Actually I don't think 5 min. is enough anyway.


 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Good info! I am getting my hair highlighted in about two weeks and want to preserve the way that it looks.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Marisol Good info! I am getting my hair highlighted in about two weeks and want to preserve the way that it looks. This will help seal the color in - so it'll last a bit longer.
 

Latest posts

Top