Hair gloss treatments?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a hair gloss treatment? I heard you do it like once a month and it makes your hair shiny.

Liz, please tell me more. I'd like to give this a try, but not sure if my stylist does this.
icon_redface.gif

I do a gloss treatment at home every 2 weeks. I use tigi bed head Chocolate Head. I repairs my hair and makes it look really glossy and shiny. You can guess what it leaves it smelling of too! :icon_love

Liz, are you talking about a conditioning/shine treatment or a clear color gloss? I really like JaZzing's clear for a nice shine. It's like a hair dye, but it's clear, so it adds a nice shine without adding a color. You just put it on... warm it a little with a hairdryer, and then rinse it out. Its a good option if you like the staying power of a dye, but a nice shiny result.
wink.gif

i'm not sure what it is exactly. i just heard about a gloss treatment, something that will make your hair shiny.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i'm not sure what it is exactly. i just heard about a gloss treatment, something that will make your hair shiny. I would try the JazZing... if you can get it (I get mine at Sally's)

new_clairol_bw.gif

new_Jazzing_logo.gif

SHINY-SHEER HAIRCOLOR

THE ART OF SHEER HAIRCOLOR PERFECTED!

<CENTER><TABLE width=439 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=431>

• Gentle formula can be used immediately after relaxer
  • Intermixable shades for dramatic effects
  • Inspires multiple shade usage
  • No alcohol - No peroxide - No ammonia - More shine
  • Jazzing is temporary, but just turn on the heat for semi-permanent results
  • 3 oz. applicator bottle
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2># 75000 - Clairol Jazzing Hair Color - 3 oz. </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle rowSpan=5>
7500jazzing.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I get the "Clear" one (#10) and heat it up with the dryer for a semi-perm result... and since it's clear, there's no color - just the shine!
smile.gif

cool. thanks! i'll have to check it out next time i'm over by sallys

I usually get a gloss treatment after I get my highlights. Makes my hair silky, shiny and so soft. Suppose to get it done every 4 or so weeks I think.

Originally Posted by Sofia I usually get a gloss treatment after I get my highlights. Makes my hair silky, shiny and so soft. Suppose to get it done every 4 or so weeks I think. I don't have any highlights but I'm going to try it too!Thanks for the info Janelle

I have been wanting to try a gloss, but didn't know what kind. I am going to check it out at Sally's tomorrow. Can anyone buy it or do you have to have your cosmetology license?

thanks!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I would try the JazZing... if you can get it (I get mine at Sally's)

new_clairol_bw.gif

new_Jazzing_logo.gif

SHINY-SHEER HAIRCOLOR

THE ART OF SHEER HAIRCOLOR PERFECTED!

<CENTER><TABLE width=439 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=431>

• Gentle formula can be used immediately after relaxer
  • Intermixable shades for dramatic effects
  • Inspires multiple shade usage
  • No alcohol - No peroxide - No ammonia - More shine
  • Jazzing is temporary, but just turn on the heat for semi-permanent results
  • 3 oz. applicator bottle
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2># 75000 - Clairol Jazzing Hair Color - 3 oz. </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle rowSpan=5>
7500jazzing.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I get the "Clear" one (#10) and heat it up with the dryer for a semi-perm result... and since it's clear, there's no color - just the shine!
smile.gif

i always wanted to try a gloss treatment but will it leave my hair flat without a trace of volume?

Originally Posted by luckylabonte I have been wanting to try a gloss, but didn't know what kind. I am going to check it out at Sally's tomorrow. Can anyone buy it or do you have to have your cosmetology license?thanks!

Nope, anyone can buy it at Sally's
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by sugersoul i always wanted to try a gloss treatment but will it leave my hair flat without a trace of volume? It's really not heavy or anything... it's just a clear gloss. Almost like a hair dye, but clear. It might make it a little softer, but won't really change the amt. of volume you have. It's really just to add shine.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 It's really not heavy or anything... it's just a clear gloss. Almost like a hair dye, but clear. It might make it a little softer, but won't really change the amt. of volume you have. It's really just to add shine.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

oHH,THIS IS SOMETHING I GOTTA TRY!! Thanks Janelle
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I got the JazZing clear gloss today and can't wait to try it.

How long should I leave it on? The instructions say 5-10 mins which is a wide time frame.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Also it says process without heat, but Janelle said to heat it up with the dryer?

thanks!

planning to get some it too
biggrin.gif
i was wondering...does it cover up split ends?

cause i remeber i tried the Bedhead Chocolate Head one left my hair shiny, but VERY dry.

Hey gals!

It can help with the appearance of split ends, but it's not a cure... eventually you WILL have to get that trim!! lol

I used a hair dryer to heat mine... helps it absorb better, and the more absorbed, the longer the shine will last.

You can leave it in for 10min. if your hair is 'normal'... I put it on, and blow dried it until it was almost like totally dry and sort of 'hardened'. It's only a gloss coat, so it really isn't going to damage your hair if you leave it on for more than 5 min. - Actually I don't think 5 min. is enough anyway.
icon_wink.gif

Good info! I am getting my hair highlighted in about two weeks and want to preserve the way that it looks.

Originally Posted by Marisol Good info! I am getting my hair highlighted in about two weeks and want to preserve the way that it looks. This will help seal the color in - so it'll last a bit longer.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back