Hair loss?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Does anyone ever feel like they're always losing hair? I have a lot of hair and it's thick, but I feel like I'm losing a lot of hair. like there's always a strand hanging lose. it drives me crazy.

Originally Posted by charms23 Oh my goodness! I thought I was the only one going through this. I feel like every time I run my hands through my hair, a lot are coming out. I thought I was going bald or I was sick or something. I also used to have a lot of hair come out in the shower. But actuall, that was a while back, it doesn't happen that much anymore. I used to put shampoo in my hair every single day, and that's when it would happen. But now I only shampoo every two or three days. On the other days, I just condition my hair. Same as me Charmaine,I cant wash my hair everyday either.I have thick hair and i used to get worried that i was going bald, I always had hair falling out,or the worst its all in my car or the back of my shirt , but maybe we just have too much hair.lol

Me too! I have to stick a hanger down into the drain of the tub like every week so that it won't drain so slowly. I have to use a super heavy conditioner in order to not have clumps of hair coming out. It seems like a newer thing for me (the past year) and I kinda freaked out because my little sister has PCOS/hypothyroid and one of the symptoms is hair loss...she has bald patches so I was scared that somehow I had the same thing and was never diagnosed! Now I just think it's from not using enough conditioner sometimes...I've never had my hair as long as it is now so I guess I need more conditioner!

I didn't know other has the same problem as i do....loosing my hair every single day...feel like hair is abusing me....am getting sick of loosing hair..Like Nydoll, Bonbon and charms said when i stick my hand i get a lot hairs comes out and in the shower....every week when i clean my car and bedroom i end having collection of hair...i cry and keep them in a bag...nowdays when i look in the bag how much hair i have loosed so far....i can't stop cry...i feel like stick them in head again....funny i know....i have thin hair...i used to wash my hair everyday now twice a day...but still lossing and almost bald...my frontene part is bald already...i don't know how to acure it...
icon_evil.gif
am gladd your talking about loosing hair liz...anybody has any solution...i hope someone can help us out...i now days use Paul mitchele shampoo and conditioner...

Well, you normally lose about 100 strands or more per day - and if you wear your hair back, and then take it down, and you can pull out a lot - well, thats usually because when its tied up, it won't natrually come out - so it'll all look like its coming out at once - but it could very well, just be the normal regeneration of hair that happens to everyone, and you never notice. I mean look how much hair accumulates on your brush - it's usually a lot, and 99% of the time... it's all normal. Just be gentle to your hair, keep it conditioned, use soft elastic bands if you tie it up - and be especially careful combing it when you come out of the shower as hair is super fragile when it's wet. If you think you are having a serious hair loss problem, you should defintely see a doctor - because there might be other causes. There are also treatments out that can stop DHT (which clogs hair follicles) and can help regrow or thicken hair. Some companies are Nioxin, and Bain de Terre.
icon_wink.gif

I also heard about 100 strands were normal. I always have my hair up during summer so when I wash, it seems to all come out
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, you normally lose about 100 strands or more per day - and if you wear your hair back, and then take it down, and you can pull out a lot - well, thats usually because when its tied up, it won't natrually come out - so it'll all look like its coming out at once - but it could very well, just be the normal regeneration of hair that happens to everyone, and you never notice. I mean look how much hair accumulates on your brush - it's usually a lot, and 99% of the time... it's all normal. Just be gentle to your hair, keep it conditioned, use soft elastic bands if you tie it up - and be especially careful combing it when you come out of the shower as hair is super fragile when it's wet. If you think you are having a serious hair loss problem, you should defintely see a doctor - because there might be other causes. There are also treatments out that can stop DHT (which clogs hair follicles) and can help regrow or thicken hair. Some companies are Nioxin, and Bain de Terre.
icon_wink.gif

I tried to count one day....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Wow Janelle you are so knowledgeable! I guess my hair loss is normal after all.

Originally Posted by charms23 Wow Janelle you are so knowledgeable! I guess my hair loss is normal after all. Thanks Janelle,no hair club for me
icon_wink.gif

i heard 100 is normal also. i'm just paranoid about losing my hair since my mom and dad seem to have thin hair. plus, at the beginning of last year, i was losing a lot of hair, but that was because i stopped doing drugs, so my body was being weird. i get embarrased when i get my hair done thinking i have more hair coming out than other clients.

Originally Posted by charms23 Wow Janelle you are so knowledgeable! I guess my hair loss is normal after all. Thanks hun... from your pics... you look just fine
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i heard 100 is normal also. i'm just paranoid about losing my hair since my mom and dad seem to have thin hair. plus, at the beginning of last year, i was losing a lot of hair, but that was because i stopped doing drugs, so my body was being weird. i get embarrased when i get my hair done thinking i have more hair coming out than other clients. well - drugs can do that! lol Your overall health also affects how your hair looks. You can usually tell if someone is sick or not getting enough nutrients, their hair is dull and usually there's either loss or thinning and changes in texture. But I doubt your stylist thinks anything of it... you wouldn't believe the amounts of hair that we pull out of brushes after doing people's hair. It's common.
redface.gif

I think it's normal. Me too! During my shower, I will notice that my hairs become thin. So, I start using bio cleansing shampoo and hair thickening conditioner to prevent my problem. If you guys are suffering this kind of problem the first you will do is to know the cause of your hair thinning or hair loss. You should ask with the expert about your problem, they will assist your to give a good hair loss prevention and treatment. Prevention is better than cure. 

Depends on why you are losing hair; if you are losing 100 to 200 hairs per day that is normal turnover, no product is going to stop it. If your hair is noticably thinning you should see a doctor as it may be a symptom of an underlying health problem; also consider whether your diet is balanced with all the vitamins, minerals, protein and essential fatty acids your body needs. A small percentage of people do react negatively to sulphate surfactants, so you might try a sulphate-free shampoo or conditioner-only washing. This means you will also need to switch to a silicone-free conditioner and styling products as most 'cones can only be removed with sulphates. Lastly remember that some hair fall is actually breakage from damage caused by chemical processes, heat styling, rough brushing or traction from up dos.

Originally Posted by Salon st.pete /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have try so many hair oils and shampoos but still i can't solve problem, can anyone suggest me the best shampoo which can really be useful for stopping hair fall.

Wow Firefox!!  You always have great information!  I was losing hair a while back because I was lacking in certain nutrients.  A multi-vitamin really turned that around for me.  Now I lose hair due to breakage from over processing.  I agree with your point that it is rarely due to the type of shampoo one is using.

If you are really concerned about losing too much hair or you are starting to see balding spots then it could be alopecia which is a medical condition. Look it up as I am not an expert on the topic but I know Tyra's show did a huge thing on it. There are a lot of reasons why people lose hair. Sometimes its hereditary and there isn't much you can do, but some health problems and care can be taken to alleviate the problems. Hope this helps!

Stress can contribute to losing extra hair loss. Do you dye your hair? I noticed when I use to dye my hair frequently, it falls out more.

Hi! Try using Castor Oil (known as laxative for kids) I always brag about this in treating hair loss. Apply castor oil in your hair 2-3 times a week, before bedtime. Leave it over night. You may want to cover it with shower cap or towel, it may leave traces of oil in your pillow or bedsheet. Then wash your hair in the morning as you normally do. Make sure no residue was left. Do this for about 3 months and you would be amazed. In as early as 3 or 4 weeks you would already see the difference.

Me too.. I have thin hair, and it is getting thinner whenever I wash and comb it everyday.. I'm afraid to use hair growers or products for hair loss treatment.

Now a days many people suffring from many hair problem like hair lost,hair dandruf and dry hair.

These problems are common.So i think that we should take proper daily rutine treatment.Like daily

hair massage,use soft shampoos....

Latest posts

Back