Hair/skin Question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a 40-year old black female with a facial hair problem. I have hair on my cheeks, chin and neck which I tweeze daily. Is there anything besides laser hair removal or electrolysis that will help me. Thanks
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by raineywife

I am a 40-year old black female with a facial hair problem. I have hair on my cheeks, chin and neck which I tweeze daily. Is there anything besides laser hair removal or electrolysis that will help me. Thanks
icon_redface.gif

Just wanting to welcome you to MakeupTalk. The girls here will forsure help you with this.

Originally Posted by raineywife I am a 40-year old black female with a facial hair problem. I have hair on my cheeks, chin and neck which I tweeze daily. Is there anything besides laser hair removal or electrolysis that will help me. Thanks
icon_redface.gif
Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.
Is your facial hair problem a medical problem? Like maybe PCOS? Some ladies that I know that have PCOS use Vaniqa and it seems to help them.

Hi, & welcome to MUT as well..I'm Karen from New York... Good question Marisol, I was thinking medical problem too!

Im no doctor, but I think maybe you should have a hormone panel work-up done on yourself. (it's only a blood test) - I had one done..

To me, it sounds like your body maybe producing too much testostrone....When I had mine done, my level was almost none existant ! They say a woman's testostrone level on a scale is between 15 -175 (My was 16....!!) The reason I went to the endocrinologist was for peri-menopause, and I wanted to find one good doctor that was familiar with natural bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. It's working out very well with me now.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.
Is your facial hair problem a medical problem? Like maybe PCOS? Some ladies that I know that have PCOS use Vaniqa and it seems to help them.

Thanks for the responses. I never would have thought medical, but I kind of knew I have more testosterone than most women. I am a hairy woman anyway and kind of knew it may be genetic. Thanks again, and I will speak with my doctor in lieu of your responses.
icon_smile.gif

Welcome to MuT, Raineywife! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you! Let us know if you find something that works - because I need all the help I can get too! I'm like a monkey! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i'm hairy too. i can't wait till my bf and i get laser hair removal! my face, underarms, bikini... hmm. i think that's it. lol

Are you on birth control? Maybe that would be enough estrogen to counteract the extra testosterone? I dunno, my sister has PCOS and is on birth control for that reason.

You could try waxing, it's quicker than tweezing. Good luck!

Are you on birth control? Maybe that would be enough estrogen to counteract the extra testosterone? I dunno, my sister has PCOS and is on birth control for that reason.You could try waxing, it's quicker than tweezing. Good luck!

Not on birth control. I will check into PCOS never heard of it. Went to the website and found I have at least 5 symtoms.
icon_sad.gif
Thanks a lot.
icon_biggrin.gif
too punkish for waxing.
eek.gif
-casandra

Birth control hasn't helped my facial hair. I get bad whiskers in 2 patches on the "corners" of my chin. Now that I think about it, I don't remember ever having this problem BEFORE I went on birth control. I saw a commercial for the Vaniqa cream, and I might just ask my doctor about it. Until I can afford electrolysis, I could manage with a cream.

Another thing I thought of trying is just to buy one of those hair-minimizing body lotions. A wee little dab on each side of my chin shouldn't make me break out. But I can't use actual hair removal creams...my skin screams in agony when I try those!

I would visit your dermatologist... skin and hair is their specialty. Also, ask about Spironolactone. I'm on it for acne, but it is a testosterone blocker. So essentially your body doesn't stop producing testosterone, but it is blocked so it can't do anything with it. I lost a lot of excess hair (although it didn't bother me because it was blonde) when I began Spironolactone. It also reduced oil drastically which was nice!

P.S. Your doctor will not prescribe this unless you begin birth control as well. I'm on Ortho Tricyclen Lo

Naturally: It was originally used for treating high blood pressure. I'm going by what my derm. told me: it is a testosterone blocker therefore stops excess oil production and rids the body of excess hair that testosterone produces. I'm also speaking from personal experience. I used to have extremely oily skin which I now consider to be normal, and I also lost excess facial hair (my "mustache"), the hair around my belly button, and my "happy trail". For more info visit this website... http://www.resderm.com/medicaltherap...nolactone.html

Latest posts

Back