hair sprays

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I need my hair to really stay in place I use a spray called Splash by Focus 21. What is so great about it is that its water soluble so since I don't wash my naturally curly hair everyday I can still just rinse it and start fresh again. I pay about $4.00 for it . Your hair stays put but not helmut like.

Originally Posted by spazbaby

My first time posting! I happened to catch Janelle's comment on the BigSexyHair hairspray, and I totally agree with her. You get a HUGE can for something like $16 or $17. It is from a salon-only line called Sexy Hair Concepts by Graham Webb. I also recommend the SilkySexyHair shampoo and conditioner if you want to-die-for soft & fortified hair. I buy mine at Trade Secret.

Welcome to Makeuptalk!!

Hey there SpazBaby! I've found a fellow SexyHair lover! It's great stuff, isn't it?!?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I usually buy mine at Ulta ... (or at the trade show - but they weren't there this year.) They do sell them in some drugstores in the "high end" area... technically they really aren't supposed to, but a lot of companies use wholesalers that will sell to anyone. So even though it's not "technically" supposed to be there, they're getting their product out to more people, so they usually won't care. Besides, half the time the drug store charges a few bucks more than what you'd pay for it in a salon anyway - so they're not going to care about that part! LOL But sometimes it's not in your local salon - so if you can find it at a drugstore - go for it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
No harm, no foul~
wink.gif

My other favorite is Hair Toys "Enviro 54 Photo Op" spray by Farouk. It's awesome! You can do so many different things with it, and while you get great hold, your hair is still pliable to style any way that you want!
wink.gif

Welcome Spazbaby
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby My first time posting! I happened to catch Janelle's comment on the BigSexyHair hairspray, and I totally agree with her. You get a HUGE can for something like $16 or $17. It is from a salon-only line called Sexy Hair Concepts by Graham Webb. I also recommend the SilkySexyHair shampoo and conditioner if you want to-die-for soft & fortified hair. I buy mine at Trade Secret.

The strange part is that it doesn't seem like too many other people have discovered the Sexy Hair Concepts line. I'm actually wondering if I can wait til my hair appt. on Thursday to go stock up. I'm also a BedHead fan. I like the Hard Head spray for when I'm going out (I find it to be drying so I don't use it every day), Mastermind for a "natural" look when I don't feel l like drying by sections (it's nice for piecing and scrunching, and has a nice conditioning feel), and the new Superstar thickening spray for instant volumizing (I like this product since it can be used on wet or dry hair).

The ARTEC Texture and Kiwi lines are also awesome. And I wonder where all my money goes!

Originally Posted by spazbaby The strange part is that it doesn't seem like too many other people have discovered the Sexy Hair Concepts line. I'm actually wondering if I can wait til my hair appt. on Thursday to go stock up. I'm also a BedHead fan. I like the Hard Head spray for when I'm going out (I find it to be drying so I don't use it every day), Mastermind for a "natural" look when I don't feel l like drying by sections (it's nice for piecing and scrunching, and has a nice conditioning feel), and the new Superstar thickening spray for instant volumizing (I like this product since it can be used on wet or dry hair).
The ARTEC Texture and Kiwi lines are also awesome. And I wonder where all my money goes!

I know the feeling!! If it isn't being spent on Makeup, it's hair! LOL I really don't use TIGI products too often, they just don't agree w/ my hair - little to drying, some too heavy... etc... I've seen other people get good results from it, but I can't get it to work on me
redface.gif
But so far everything I"ve tried from Sexy has been good -
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I know the feeling!! If it isn't being spent on Makeup, it's hair! LOL I really don't use TIGI products too often, they just don't agree w/ my hair - little to drying, some too heavy... etc... I've seen other people get good results from it, but I can't get it to work on me
redface.gif
But so far everything I"ve tried from Sexy has been good -
wink.gif
I'm somewhat partial to the Sexy Hair line too. I'm settling for ThermaSilk until I get my hands on some more the Silky shampoo & conditioner. The FIRST DAY I tried the Silky shampoo I got tons of compliments on my hair (it was a deluxe sample that came with they Play Harder hairspray). Ever since I ran out, I haven't gotten any hair compliments! I have fine hair so it's a real blessing to find something that makes it silky rather than just soft, plus it just seemed stronger and less prone to breakage.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I'm somewhat partial to the Sexy Hair line too. I'm settling for ThermaSilk until I get my hands on some more the Silky shampoo & conditioner. The FIRST DAY I tried the Silky shampoo I got tons of compliments on my hair (it was a deluxe sample that came with they Play Harder hairspray). Ever since I ran out, I haven't gotten any hair compliments! I have fine hair so it's a real blessing to find something that makes it silky rather than just soft, plus it just seemed stronger and less prone to breakage. Yeah - that shampoo is really nice... I have some of the 'Healthysexy" with soy shampoo & cond. that I've been using that is also really nice.
wink.gif

I got a small tester of TiGi's Hard head for $6 at Trade Secret. That holds well. I also like Goldwell's Trendline Strong hold Finish Spray, but that's $13.50.

Originally Posted by MACaddict

I got a small tester of TiGi's Hard head for $6 at Trade Secret. That holds well. I also like Goldwell's Trendline Strong hold Finish Spray, but that's $13.50.

I see this is your first post!
Welcome to MakeupTalk!

Welcome Macaddict
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MACaddict I got a small tester of TiGi's Hard head for $6 at Trade Secret. That holds well. I also like Goldwell's Trendline Strong hold Finish Spray, but that's $13.50.

Back