hair sprays

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by wvpumpkin what are some good long holding hairsprays that aren't really expensive??? I don't know what color hair you have, But I love John Frieda's Brilliant Burnette, Great hold, plus great smell!

Texturespray - by Textureline....I love it...hope Janelle's picks some more up for me at the Beauty Show !!! lol

Originally Posted by spicey05 I don't know what color hair you have, But I love John Frieda's Brilliant Burnette, Great hold, plus great smell! Hi Spicey - Just wanted to welcome you to MUT.

How cheap are you wanting to go here? Lets see

$1.00-3.00 = anything you can buy from wal-mart that says hard hold.

$5.00-12.00 = Back 2 Basic's Sunflower, works wonders and hold great.

$15.00- + = Bed Heads hard head spray, sebation's 0 gravity, Ice's spiker blast.

I'm agree with Marisol, Aqua Net is great. Comes unscented and in 3 levels of "hold".

I pay $1.79/large can at Ocean State Job Lot.

Meg

I love John Frieda's Sheer Blonde hair spray. It's the only hair spray I use because my hair doesn't feel super crunchy or sticky with this. I think it's about $5.00

Aqua net will hold your hair very well but the alcohol% in it will kill your hair. It will dry your scalp out as well. If you are willing to take that chance go for it. I will confess I have used it from tme to time myself.

tresemme is also very good for the price. my mom uses it, great hold. i use Sally's generic version od sebastian shaper. (when i use hairspray. lol. hard to believe i don't put anything in my hiar.)

If you don't want it to move.. AT ALL... lol I would try BIGSEXYhair's Spray and Play Harder hairspray.. it's really a firm hold. I also like (for cheaper versions - Herbal Esscenses Pump spray works nicely)

Originally Posted by spicey05 I don't know what color hair you have, But I love John Frieda's Brilliant Burnette, Great hold, plus great smell! Welcomr to MuT Spicey! I'm Janelle from NY
wink.gif

Well we've heard a lot of great suggestions already! But here's mine anyways...Thicker Fuller Hair Weightless Volumizing Hairspray. Holds really firm but doesn't give you the helmet head effect, never ever flakes or builds up, and yes--it's cheap! Look for the tall green can at any drugstore or Wal-mart, Target, etc.

Janelle, you seem to like a lot of the Big Sexy Hair products...I'm thinkin' I gotta try some. Are they salon only or can they be found in d/s? It seems like I've seen them in d/s but are they supposed to be there? You know like they always say on the back of the bottle "this product only guaranteed if sold in fine salons" or some such thing.

Back in the days of big hair
biggrin.gif
I used to use Aussie Sprunch Spray. It worked very well, but will build up if you use too much (like I used to
wink.gif
)

I heard good reviews about that brand. I was in Target and I meant to get one and then I forgot...
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I love John Frieda's Sheer Blonde hair spray. It's the only hair spray I use because my hair doesn't feel super crunchy or sticky with this. I think it's about $5.00

My first time posting! I happened to catch Janelle's comment on the BigSexyHair hairspray, and I totally agree with her. You get a HUGE can for something like $16 or $17. It is from a salon-only line called Sexy Hair Concepts by Graham Webb. I also recommend the SilkySexyHair shampoo and conditioner if you want to-die-for soft & fortified hair. I buy mine at Trade Secret.

Originally Posted by spazbaby My first time posting! I happened to catch Janelle's comment on the BigSexyHair hairspray, and I totally agree with her. You get a HUGE can for something like $16 or $17. It is from a salon-only line called Sexy Hair Concepts by Graham Webb. I also recommend the SilkySexyHair shampoo and conditioner if you want to-die-for soft & fortified hair. I buy mine at Trade Secret. Welcome to MUT spazbaby! I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

Latest posts

Back