Has anyone used Glominerals?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum, a newbie to mineral makeup, and a newbie to makeup in general. I have very acne-prone skin so I've always avoided makeup until I heard of this mineral makeup mania. The problem is that there are so many brands to choose from. I've tried Bare Escentuals and I thought it made my fine lines look even more pronounced.

I have started looking into Glominerals. I didn't see any reviews on this brand so I was wondering if anyone has used this before. Any info would be helpful. Or if you have a particular brand that you love, could you recommend it?

Thanks so much guys! Hope to get to know you all!

Shi

Hi shi welcome to mut.I havent heard of the brand before,and the only mineral makeup ive tried is BE,which i love and never had a prob.If you try this brand maybe you can write a review on it and let us know how it works for you.
smile.gif

Welcome again to mut,Gwendolyn from NY
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I haven't heard of Glominerals before. Some other mineral brands that I've heard of are Aromaleigh, and Jane Irradele (sp?)

Aromaleigh seems cool because they sell samples on their website.

Hi SHi! Welcome to MuT! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I haven't heard of this brand before...I only have used Bare Escentuals & My Minerals makeup... sorry couldn't be more help!
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by alec_chin Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie to this forum, a newbie to mineral makeup, and a newbie to makeup in general. I have very acne-prone skin so I've always avoided makeup until I heard of this mineral makeup mania. The problem is that there are so many brands to choose from. I've tried Bare Escentuals and I thought it made my fine lines look even more pronounced.

I have started looking into Glominerals. I didn't see any reviews on this brand so I was wondering if anyone has used this before. Any info would be helpful. Or if you have a particular brand that you love, could you recommend it?

Shi

Hi Shi, and welcome to Mut! I also have oily, acne-prone skin and was an avid BE mineral makeup user for a few years. It seemed that all of a sudden it was making me really oily, enhancing my fine lines and breaking me out!! I was not happy. I tried Jane Iredale's Amazing Base (which is also a mineral makeup) and I'm hooked. My glow is back, my pimples gone, and my fine lines are not emphasized. It's sad when you have wrinkles and pimples, yeesh! Jane Iredale's also seems to have stopped my oil glands from working (that sounds gross), because I never have to blot any more and rarely have to touch up during the day. Anyway, I've never heard of Glominerals, but please let us know what you discover!
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the input! For those who are interested, I did try out Glominerals but without luck =(. It looked pretty good but I broke out from it. However, I'm not sure whether it is because I'm not using a good enough cleanser to get rid of all the makeup (tho they say you can sleep in mineral makeup) or whether it was Glominerals itself. Do you guys use a separate makeup remover?

Another question: I'm eyeing Raesin Images -- has anyone tried that out? If so, could you let me know if I should give it a try? I just got rid of 4 HUGE zits and I'm extra scared that I'd break out some new ones =(.

Again, I appreciated the recommendations to other brands. I'm a real cheapskate and I'm trying to find less expensive brands before I graduate to the seemingly fail-proof Jane Iredale!

Thanks a million!

Shi

Originally Posted by alec_chin Hi everyone,

Shi

Latest posts

Back