Have you ever had a date with a man that you met online ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL not a Salon, this website

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk

ROFL, Wow Tony, i had no idea you ran a salon, i have just come back from mine and had the hair cut and nails done and a facial. My hairdresser is such a gossip and i was telling him all about this guy, he said i did the right thing. I have just had 4 inches of hair cut off and i look like Joan Jett now lol, have gone for the textured spikey look and my head feels as light as a feather which it is as my brains gone soft lol. Do you own a Beverly Hills salon ? I want gossip from the hollywood hills and i will give you gossip from the English suberbs lol.

Hi Donnamaryuk, I think the beauty site Tony was refferring to as running, is in fact this MakeUpTalk site babes, rather than an actual salon hon.I could be wrong though but i just thought i would try and put you on the right track. Believe me, I have misunderstood a few things on here myself (such as the infuriating Beauty Goddess) whom i thought was a real person rather than a computer programme designed to be a bit of fun. Because i didn't know what BG was all about, I got very annoyed and frustrated and ended up giving everyone a good laugh by my reaction. In my fury i ended up nicknaming beautygoddess as Big Gob..ha ha..and made a right fool of myself getting myself all worked up for all to see and read, much to some people's utter delight (no names mentioned)! You might have fun having a read through the Beauty Goddess Forum, as i am sure that episode will be still be there. However, i dont feel embarrased by this incident, i feel more embarrased for the person who i turned to, asking for their advice (regarding the BG and what it was about etc), which could have saved all the upset and misunderstandings.But then again, that wouldn't have provided some cheap entertainment at other people's expense. So hopefully you will see i am only trying to help point you in the right direction Donna (unless Tony wants to correct me)!!!

Uhm, I guess I'll clear this up LOL I am simply the main project manager/programmer for this website, www.MakeupTalk.com Take care

Originally Posted by candy

Hi Donnamaryuk, I think the beauty site Tony was refferring to as running, is in fact this MakeUpTalk site babes, rather than an actual salon hon.I could be wrong though but i just thought i would try and put you on the right track. Believe me, I have misunderstood a few things on here myself (such as the infuriating Beauty Goddess) whom i thought was a real person rather than a computer programme designed to be a bit of fun. Because i didn't know what BG was all about, I got very annoyed and frustrated and ended up giving everyone a good laugh by my reaction. In my fury i ended up nicknaming beautygoddess as Big Gob..ha ha..and made a right fool of myself getting myself all worked up for all to see and read, much to some people's utter delight (no names mentioned)! You might have fun having a read through the Beauty Goddess Forum, as i am sure that episode will be still be there. However, i dont feel embarrased by this incident, i feel more embarrased for the person who i turned to, asking for their advice (regarding the BG and what it was about etc), which could have saved all the upset and misunderstandings.But then again, that wouldn't have provided some cheap entertainment at other people's expense. So hopefully you will see i am only trying to help point you in the right direction Donna (unless Tony wants to correct me)!!!

Originally Posted by candy Hi Donnmaryuk,I suppose it must be difficult to make a judgement on someone you haven't yet met, and it wouldn't be fair to label this guy on other people's bad experiences. I would imagine there have been thousands of dates that have gone well and lead to something worthwhile. The only advice i can give you would be to trust your instincts with this guy, and if you are going to go ahead and met him, then make sure you tell someone where you are meeting him, and what time you will be home.Make sure you meet in a neutral place where you will be safe in numbers. I supposed its good he would like to meet you in daylight (which tells me sex isn't the first thing on his mind) but you can never be sure. Perhaps the reason you are not sure if you are doing the right thing is because deep down inside you might have your own doubts. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you are safe, and have enough money to get you home. I hope that whatever happens you have a nice time and are safe. Good Luck, and let us know what you have decided to do
smile.gif

Sex IS the first thing on his mind. Betcha!

*Hugs*

We love you candy! Hey - I've been there!
wink.gif

Love,

Julia

Originally Posted by candy Hi Donnamaryuk,I think the beauty site Tony was refferring to as running, is in fact this MakeUpTalk site babes, rather than an actual salon hon.I could be wrong though but i just thought i would try and put you on the right track.

Believe me, I have misunderstood a few things on here myself (such as the infuriating Beauty Goddess) whom i thought was a real person rather than a computer programme designed to be a bit of fun. Because i didn't know what BG was all about, I got very annoyed and frustrated and ended up giving everyone a good laugh by my reaction. In my fury i ended up nicknaming beautygoddess as Big Gob..ha ha..and made a right fool of myself getting myself all worked up for all to see and read, much to some people's utter delight (no names mentioned)! You might have fun having a read through the Beauty Goddess Forum, as i am sure that episode will be still be there.

However, i dont feel embarrased by this incident, i feel more embarrased for the person who i turned to, asking for their advice (regarding the BG and what it was about etc), which could have saved all the upset and misunderstandings.But then again, that wouldn't have provided some cheap entertainment at other people's expense.

So hopefully you will see i am only trying to help point you in the right direction Donna (unless Tony wants to correct me)!!!

Thank You Julia, Its good to know who the nice people on MakeUpTalk are, rather than the sneaky nameless person who had a good laugh. But as the saying goes she who laughs last laughs longest. xxx

Originally Posted by candy Thank You Julia,Its good to know who the nice people on MakeUpTalk are, rather than the sneaky nameless person who had a good laugh. But as the saying goes she who laughs last laughs longest.

xxx

All the mods and admin are nice.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I met my boyfriend of 4 years online... he just IM'ed me out of the blue one day after reading my profile, and being I saw he was local - figured I'd talk to him... glad I did! He's the best thing to happen to me in a long time! But then again, before him, I found some WACKOs on there too.... just treat them the same way you would treat anyone you're just meeting... if it doesn't seem right, it probably isnt.
icon_twisted.gif

I haven't had a chance to read all of the messages in this thread, but seems like everyone has given great advice so far! I have met many people in person (friends as well as my SO), and I always meet people in public places! Also great if you can bring a friend with you, since you will have that person's opinion of the person you're meeting.

I have been lucky enough to meet some great people, but I have heard horror stories about people lieing and cheating. So, better to be safe than sorry.

I hope everything goes well! Let us know what happens
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back