Hearty Bean & Pasta soup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love this time of year, and now that the cooler weather is here, it's time to break out those cozy blankets and snuggle up in your favorite chair with what I call my favorite comfort food, nothing better then a good and hearty bowl of soup to warm you. My sister in-law gave me this recipe in a gift basket along with all the ingredients last year and it's been a favorite ever since.

<CENTER>Bean and Pasta Soup</CENTER>1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef

6 cups beef broth

1 (11.5-ounce) can vegetable juice

1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained

1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste

1 1/2 cups chopped peeled onion

1 1/2 cups chopped celery

1 1/2 cups grated carrot

1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained

1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, drained

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 clove large garlic, crushed

2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

1 teaspoon salt

1 pound small pasta, such as macaroni or rotini

[*]Brown beef in a large stockpot, about 5 minutes; drain.

[*]Add beef broth and vegetable juice. Stir in whole tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, celery, carrot, kidney beans, navy beans, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

[*]Add pasta and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Serve hot.

Makes 12 servings.

I love SOUPS!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860

I love this time of year, and now that the cooler weather is here, it's time to break out those cozy blankets and snuggle up in your favorite chair with what I call my favorite comfort food, nothing better then a good and hearty bowl of soup to warm you. My sister in-law gave me this recipe in a gift basket along with all the ingredients last year and it's been a favorite ever since.

Bean and Pasta Soup

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef

6 cups beef broth

1 (11.5-ounce) can vegetable juice

1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained

1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste

1 1/2 cups chopped peeled onion

1 1/2 cups chopped celery

1 1/2 cups grated carrot

1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained

1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, drained

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 clove large garlic, crushed

2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

1 teaspoon salt

1 pound small pasta, such as macaroni or rotini

1. Brown beef in a large stockpot, about 5 minutes; drain.
  2. Add beef broth and vegetable juice. Stir in whole tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, celery, carrot, kidney beans, navy beans, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
  3. Add pasta and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Serve hot.

Makes 12 servings.

Back