Help! can you suggest a good blotting paper?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post and its a cry for help! (OK, I'm being dramatic...)
tongue.gif

I'm after a good blotting paper, I've been using the Body Shop one, but i don't really like it, its too powdery (plus it comes in yellow or pink, what choices!
icon_rolleyes.gif
).

Can you suggest a good brand? and colour? I've seen *blue* ones somewhere.

I like the idea of blotting paper because it just seems a lot more hygenic (than compacts), they're small so I can carry them everywhere and when i'm done, just throw it away.

Just a little about me...I'm 22 yo, Asian with kinda pale skin. I'd like to tan but i'm trying to get rid of my freckles and my dermatologist told me to stay out of the sun, which is hard in sunny sydney, australia - its winter and sunny everyday. I've got combination skin (whatever that is) and definitely not an expert in MU.

So if you can help me out it would be great!

Thanks!

Djbelle

I used to use blotting papers...they are for soaking up excess oil right? I had some from Body Shop. But they were always white, not color at all on the paper. Is this a new product? And what do the colors do for your skin?

Oh! I thought the pink and yellow ones weren't working for her because of her coloring or something, sorry
smile.gif

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky the one and the only - clean and clear oil absorbing sheets
smile.gif

ohhh i agree Vanilla,this rock!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

djbelle hi and welcome to MUT!

I agree with VANILLA SKY, CHARMAINE, & JENNIFER - clean and clear works the best. Most of my co-workers and I use it and not one has yet made a complaint about it.

I'm with everyone else on the Clean & Clear blotting papers. Under $5 at Wal-Mart or Target.

Originally Posted by djbelle Hi Everyone!
This is my first post and its a cry for help! (OK, I'm being dramatic...)
tongue.gif

I'm after a good blotting paper, I've been using the Body Shop one, but i don't really like it, its too powdery (plus it comes in yellow or pink, what choices!
icon_rolleyes.gif
).

Can you suggest a good brand? and colour? I've seen *blue* ones somewhere.

I like the idea of blotting paper because it just seems a lot more hygenic (than compacts), they're small so I can carry them everywhere and when i'm done, just throw it away.

Just a little about me...I'm 22 yo, Asian with kinda pale skin. I'd like to tan but i'm trying to get rid of my freckles and my dermatologist told me to stay out of the sun, which is hard in sunny sydney, australia - its winter and sunny everyday. I've got combination skin (whatever that is) and definitely not an expert in MU.

So if you can help me out it would be great!

Thanks!

Djbelle

yes i agree!!
clean and clear is the best!!!

i have tried so many..ihave tried the body shop, but they don't work as good as clean and clear.

and steer away from Shesiedo pureness oil blotting papers..they are filled w/ powder!
wink.gif

i bought japanese shiseido blotting papers on ebay and i am a bit dissapointed. they absorb oil but not as much as clean and clear. the shiseido ones are regular thin pieces of paper
icon_neutral.gif
i guess i was expecting too much... after using clean and clear my standards are way to high
wink.gif

Maybe just stop using the powdered Body Shop ones and try the tea tree ones or the lavender and camomile ones? I use the latter because I like the smell, but either work well at absorbing shine and they're not overly expensive like MAC and Shiseido's.

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky i bought japanese shiseido blotting papers on ebay and i am a bit dissapointed. they absorb oil but not as much as clean and clear. the shiseido ones are regular thin pieces of paper
icon_neutral.gif
i guess i was expecting too much... after using clean and clear my standards are way to high
wink.gif
Thank you everyone! I'll go out and see if I can find the Clean & Clear blotting paper. Don't know if they still stock it in Australia, haven't seen it in my department stores in a while.
I was going to get the Shiseido's ones, but after your reviews. I 've changed my mind!

Cheers,

Djbelle

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky the one and the only - clean and clear oil absorbing sheets
smile.gif
I second that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Vanilla, you're talking about Shiseido japanese blotting papers, right? They are wrapped into box with 200/400 sheets? I also heard they aren't as good as Pureness (few days ago my friend bought them on allegro, and she's disappointed too). I saw only those on ebay or allegro- (polish site
wink.gif
) I have Shiseido Pureness and they are the best! I also had J&J, when they were available in Poland, but now I have Shiseido and they are very very similar (more expensive
wink.gif
) You should try not for sale version (demonstration?
biggrin.gif
) in a perfume shop. On wizaz these blotting papers have very good reviews. The name- Shiseido Pureness oil-control blotting paper (100 sheets in box)
smile.gif

I have tried expensive and cheap blotting papers and always go back to Clean and Clear Blotting Papers. They are $5 amd absorb oil, but don't remove my makeup! The only thing I don't like about them is that they are bright blue, kinda medicinal, but they get the job done!

Originally Posted by Jelonek Vanilla, you're talking about Shiseido japanese blotting papers, right? They are wrapped into box with 200/400 sheets? I also heard they aren't as good as Pureness (few days ago my friend bought them on allegro, and she's disappointed too). I saw only those on ebay or allegro- (polish site
wink.gif
) I have Shiseido Pureness and they are the best! I also had J&J, when they were available in Poland, but now I have Shiseido and they are very very similar (more expensive
wink.gif
) You should try not for sale version (demonstration?
biggrin.gif
) in a perfume shop. On wizaz these blotting papers have very good reviews. The name- Shiseido Pureness oil-control blotting paper (100 sheets in box)
smile.gif
yes, i heard about pureness and i was hoping that japanese ones will be similary good but unfortunatelly they are just thin pieces of paper
wink.gif
which do their job somehow but clean and clear just suck out this exess oil
wink.gif
and these paper ones work just as a thin piece of napkin or toilet paper, and i can have that without spending extra money
icon_rolleyes.gif

hehe, i will try pureness for sure though.

Hi gals!

I finally bought it - But I found out that Australia no longer stock Clean and Clear Blotting Paper (what a shame!
icon_cry.gif
).

But I bought Bloom Blotting Paper, don't know if you know the brand, but its aussie brand. The paper is pink and smells like lavender. cheap too! $5 only. It not powdery at all and cute little packaging

Thanks again!

Djbelle

Latest posts

Back