Help! fashion ? here.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Actually, I have 2 questions. 1) I have a knit poncho overlay. What would be the best type of shirt to wear under it? 2) I am a 32 yr old mother of 2. Is it appropriate for me to even wear something like that? The color of the poncho is black. Black is my favorite color along with red. PLEASE HELP! Anita

1. i think a cami or tank top would be cute, or any shirt thats simple, not of the same texture, and of a slightly contrasting but not clashing color. 2. yes! as long as youre not practically naked, which isnt a good look for anyone.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse 1. i think a cami or tank top would be cute, or any shirt thats simple, not of the same texture, and of a slightly contrasting but not clashing color.
2. yes! as long as youre not practically naked, which isnt a good look for anyone.

2nd the tank top or cami and it's totally appropriate for you're age..You're still young
wink.gif

I'd like to see a stretch shirt under the poncho like this one in the winter (right pic)and a cami in the summer:
ga232840-01p1.jpg
0416M_h.jpg

Also check out these poncho tips from Gap http://www.gap.com/asp/shops/gap/w_p...tion=20&inst=3

I think your outfit sounds so cute with some jeans and sexy shoes. I'd wear it and I am 33! OMG. I also wear mini skirts (within reason) and whatever I like.
smile.gif
NO one gives me a hard time about it. If I'm feeling modest, I'll go for jeans and T-shirt, if I feel sexy, I am not against wearing a fitted dress or semi short-shorts. Just wear what looks cute and what you feel good in!

I will be buying me a tank top and cami this weekend just for that shirt. As for stretch shirt, thanks but that is not for me. I have gained weight because of the PCOS I have and it is in my mid-section. For the same reason I have not worn jeans in about 10 years. I have tried to lose the weight, but can only get off 10 pounds even with an Rx until I get the PCOS under control. So hopefully when that happens and I lose the weight I will go for the jeans and stretch shirt! And mini-skirts again, but not too mini. Thanks again to all for your help! Have a great week. Anita

Originally Posted by coolcat1022 I will be buying me a tank top and cami this weekend just for that shirt. As for stretch shirt, thanks but that is not for me. I have gained weight because of the PCOS I have and it is in my mid-section. For the same reason I have not worn jeans in about 10 years. I have tried to lose the weight, but can only get off 10 pounds even with an Rx until I get the PCOS under control. So hopefully when that happens and I lose the weight I will go for the jeans and stretch shirt! And mini-skirts again, but not too mini. Thanks again to all for your help! Have a great week. Anita Hey coolcat, I am sorry to that you have PCOS. Does this make you hypoglycemic or hypoglycemic? From what I read, you have a tough time with insulin resistence which causes hunger and weight gain. Am I right? Cali

Hi coolcat, sorry I'm a bit late with this but was on vacation. I think ponchos are great any age depending what you wear it with. You made a great choice with the black because its really hard to mess that up. I think Cali was on the mark when she suggested that black cami. Pair it with some nice jeans, silver jewelry (nice earring, cuff, necklace), sexy black pumps, small black clutch and you are both trendy and sexy. I just turned 31 and I love to have fun with my clothes!! Good luck, I'm sure you will look great!!!

Originally Posted by coolcat1022 Actually, I have 2 questions. 1) I have a knit poncho overlay. What would be the best type of shirt to wear under it? 2) I am a 32 yr old mother of 2. Is it appropriate for me to even wear something like that? The color of the poncho is black. Black is my favorite color along with red. PLEASE HELP! Anita

Yes, you are right. I do not know which I am yet. Was diagnosed over a year ago. although I just had a blood test to determine which one I am. I have had this ever since I started my period. (NEVER had a regular one). The only reason they call it polycystic ovarian syndrome, athough it doesn't start there, is because that is usually the first symptom. The body is not producing the insulin it is suppose too, so that in turn throws everything off. Which in turn causes the body to produce more testoserone than it should, which cause weight gain and irregular periods amoung other things. Anyway, sorry about the off topic post. Thanks for the suggestion with the black poncho. Anita

Originally Posted by coolcat1022 I will be buying me a tank top and cami this weekend just for that shirt. As for stretch shirt, thanks but that is not for me. I have gained weight because of the PCOS I have and it is in my mid-section. For the same reason I have not worn jeans in about 10 years. I have tried to lose the weight, but can only get off 10 pounds even with an Rx until I get the PCOS under control. So hopefully when that happens and I lose the weight I will go for the jeans and stretch shirt! And mini-skirts again, but not too mini. Thanks again to all for your help! Have a great week. Anita Hi Anita, It's ok that this has spilled into the fashion topic. Who cares? Anyway, thanks for sharing that with me. I did not know much about it before I looked it up. Seems our bodies are always doing "interesting" things when we just simply want them to work! I'm hoping you can get the PCOS under control. Also, when you do, you will feel so much more energetic! Take care, Cali

Latest posts

Back