Help me please someone!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay ladies, and Tony, I have what may seem like a small problem but to me is a pain in the ass! We went on a float trip last weekend and I took my new, white tank top off in the canoe and as my genius of a husband went to place it in the WATERPROOF bag, he dropped it in the water. So I got pissed and threw it in the bottom of the canoe and now I have a rust stain on my new white tank!!! I have tried to douse it in Shout and then I tried soaking it in bleach and then washing it in bleach and I cannot seem to get this damn stain out no matter what I do! You might say, go buy another one, however that is not the point! Now it has become my personal goal in life to get this stain out!! Partly due to the fact that my husband said "karma is a witch" because I got furious at him that he dropped it in the water! Please help with any tips you might have!!!

Have you tried the Clorox bleach pen, or Clorox 2 ?? Clorox 2 took out OLD blood stains instantly... (Leo had a cut on his arm and didn't realize it until it was all over the side of the brand new shirt I got him... figures - he can't wear white lol) but the Clorox 2 straight from the bottle... rubbed in took it right out... not sure for rust, but I hope it helps you if you try it!
icon_wink.gif

you have to be careful with bleach, it can make it turn yellow

I will definately have to try the pen because I was worried about bleaching the whole thing like Liz said. I am gonna try to pick one up tomorrow. I will let you know if it works....keep your fingers crossed! Thanks ladies.

Originally Posted by tashbash I will definately have to try the pen because I was worried about bleaching the whole thing like Liz said. I am gonna try to pick one up tomorrow. I will let you know if it works....keep your fingers crossed! Thanks ladies. NO BLEACH! NO NO NO NO NO!!!Go to teh grocery store, go to the laundry aisle! Get the remover for RUST.. I think either Carbona or Stain Devil makes it. Bleach will NOT REMOVE RUST!

Janelle, What had Leo done to his arm? Just as well he has his lovely Janelle to look after him.

Tashbash, have you tried the stain Devil rust remover yet? I hope your top comes out good as new. Please let us know.Good Luck.

Back