Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a dark spot on my face (size of a dime)that I would love to get rid of. It was a blemish and then I guess from the sun it turned into a dark spot. Does anyone know of any cream I can use to clear it up. THANKS!

My sister-in-law is getting married in a few weeks, and has been taking birth control pills and has been tanning. She's gotten a few dark spots as a result of the combo, and a friend recommended she try Avon's Luminosity Ultra lotion, because her friend's experience with it was fantastic. She recently ordered it from me, so we'll see how it does! There's another thread here somewhere in Skincare about reviews on Luminosity - here it is:

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=1177

I believe they have another product with similar results, in a smaller jar, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. I'm packing for a mid-week/weekend trip with my hubby, so if I have a few extra minutes before we leave, I'll let you know. If not, I'll have the name for you next week!
smile.gif

Hi ShoeDiva,

I use Retinol cream for a similar problem. I like Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Retinol cream with SPF 15. It gives you a glow and takes off the darkly pigmented spots with daily use. The first week I used it, I hated it because my skin felt irritated. Now it does not irritate and I have better looking skin. Family has made comments so I know it's working. Any retinol cream can help since it sloughs off the old cells and replaces them with better looking "cousins".

Anything that helps get rid of the old skin (such as pimple cream!) will fade or take away the spot. You may experience drying at first, then bid the spot fare well!

bbmut.png

Thanks Cali, I have heard lots about Retinol but been a little scared to try it. Will surely give it a try, I like Neutrogena products. You know what I was also thinking was that I have a major tan (from my Bahamas trip:)) so should I be scared that its going to make my skin uneven??? Why is life soo complicated???? LOL j/k

Originally Posted by shoediva Thanks Cali, I have heard lots about Retinol but been a little scared to try it. Will surely give it a try, I like Neutrogena products.
You know what I was also thinking was that I have a major tan (from my Bahamas trip:)) so should I be scared that its going to make my skin uneven???

Why is life soo complicated???? LOL j/k

If anything, it evened my skin out. It's not like it all peels off at once like an orange peel. But it's effects are subtle and just give you glowing, more even skin. You put it all over your face. Rather than changing the color it helps regenerate new cells so they of course match the ones you've got! Lol.
It does not give you patches either. It might give you a slight bit of redness (initially) to your skin, but it does not look bad, it looks like a bronzer or a tan.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva Thanks Cali will be trying it and keep you posted. Cool. You'll like it, I bet. Just be sure to give it a few weeks b4 the results really show. Then strut your stuff. ha!
LLbanner4.jpg

Originally Posted by Irishgirl You might want to try a product with 2% Hydroquinone in it to lighten the spot..Any type of fade cream will work..Also, you can dab a bit of Visine on it with a q-tip and that will help fade the appearance as well. Cool posts, Irishgirl. Even thought you are not new, it's nice to see you here!
From Cali

123banner4.jpg

Latest posts

Back