Quantcast

Here we go again...what is my BF thinking???

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
OK, so my man obviously doesn't know where he wants to move, cuz now he's thinking about going back to Alabama.
We were talking about options...he thought it would be cool if I opened up a little day spa type o' deal out there if we did. I've always wanted to go to cosmetology school just to have that training(I'm weird about stuff, sometimes I'll go to school for something just to say that I did) so he's got me looking into makeup schools and regular beauty schools and specialized esthetician courses and he wants me to find something like NOW. At the same time, he's trying to send me to his web guy to train me better so I can run my own sites, instead of relying on other people and my BF's too impatient to train me himself. So it sounds like my summer's gonna be full of training for several different things to get ready for a possible move(who knows when we'll actually do it) BUT he wants me to keep doing makeup for sets like I've been doing while I'm training. How the hell am I supposed to be in 3 places at once???!!! And on top of all that, he wants me to make a comeback in front of the camera by next year! Can someone pleeeeez slap some sense in my oh-so-eager BF. I just can't be the be-everywhere-do-everything-woman...cuz to him I should be shooting my own content,performing in my own scenes, running my website, doing makeup for everyone he shoots and I shoot, and opening up a salon or spa in AL. I'll be burned out by the end of the year.

 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Wow! That's a lot to do! Opening a day spa sounds like a nice idea. Running your own website is already a task itself! It's a full-time job. If I didn't have Tony to do this for me we wouldn't have MakeupTalk. You might want to make a list and see what can be left for others and what you can do yourself. Priortize the one you want to accomplish first. Show the list to him so that he will see it with his own eyes that you won't have the time to do everything. Maybe that will help.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
I agree with Reija... seems your bf thinks you can be in a million places at once! LOL Maybe since he's not going to be the one doing all this - he doesn't see the reality of it.
I loved my years in Cosmetology - it was something I always wanted to do, so to me it was more fun than "school". But then again, you do need 1000 hours to be able to take the test - so if you can only do it part time, you have to realize that it's going to be awhile before you can get a license. And if you want to specialize in skin care & open your own business, well that's more tests, & more schooling on top of it... so your bf has to realize that part! LOL But maybe while you're in school, you can do that other stuff - so then when the time comes to open your spa, your other areas will be all caught up on.


 
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
899
Reaction score
0
Go Superwoman!
Seriously, that's a lot of stuff to do. And you have a child on top of all that!


Just say "no." LOL!


 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
I'm w/Jess on this one Envy. Any woman w/child is a superwoman in my book, but to do a bazillion things & raise a child is a lot.

Do what you want to do--if it means going back to school, go for it. But make sure you'll be happy, your child will still see Mama & that you don't get too stressed out over it all.

Good luck!


~HUGS~

 
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
275
Reaction score
1
WHAT *slap* ARE *slap* YOU *slap* THINKING?! *double slap*

YOU DO IT!!! *slap* HOW ABOUT DECIDING WHERE YOU WANNA MOVE FIRST?! *witch SLAP*

:icon_love

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by destiny WHAT *slap* ARE *slap* YOU *slap* THINKING?! *double slap* YOU DO IT!!! *slap* HOW ABOUT DECIDING WHERE YOU WANNA MOVE FIRST?! *witch SLAP*

:icon_love

LMAO!!
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
maybe he's making suggestions of what you can do...?

i want to go to cosmetology school for an aesthetics license since i don't want to do hair. hehe

but learning how to program and stuff is hard work. i'm learning html to do my own little site. but i know that i would have to learn other programming to make it a better website.

just do what you want to do that will make you happy.

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
Destiny, you rock!!! Yeah, I know we're all a little crazy over here. I think that's why my man and I get along so well, cuz we always want to do so much ourselves. I'm not really into the whole webmaster training, that one's his idea. I do want to learn more about makeup techniques and I want to learn skincare and hair. So I will be going to cosmetology school eventually-just got to figure out my schedule and I am enrolling in makeup school as soon as they have an opening for me. So probably by the end of next month I'll be enrolled in that. I'd rather pay someone to do my sites for me-so I guess I'll be spending the next month trying to convince my man that I won't be a webmaster anytime soon. I'll leave that to him and his peoples
He was even talking about sending me to culinary school so I can open a restaurant too! Ugh, I need 5 of me


 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by destiny WHAT *slap* ARE *slap* YOU *slap* THINKING?! *double slap* YOU DO IT!!! *slap* HOW ABOUT DECIDING WHERE YOU WANNA MOVE FIRST?! *witch SLAP*

:icon_love

OMG, this HAS to win post of the month!
Envymi, i agree with what Reija said. Make a list of everything & show it to him. Unless he can see exactly what he's saying, he probably wont realise he's asking you to do so many things!

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know the best school for cosmetology in the Los Angeles area?

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by envymi Does anyone know the best school for cosmetology in the Los Angeles area? Sorry - I'm in NY, so that's kinda out of my area! LOL But Joy might know of a few good schools - maybe even the one she went to offers Cosmetology classes?
 
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by envymi OK, so my man obviously doesn't know where he wants to move, cuz now he's thinking about going back to Alabama.
We were talking about options...he thought it would be cool if I opened up a little day spa type o' deal out there if we did. I've always wanted to go to cosmetology school just to have that training(I'm weird about stuff, sometimes I'll go to school for something just to say that I did) so he's got me looking into makeup schools and regular beauty schools and specialized esthetician courses and he wants me to find something like NOW. At the same time, he's trying to send me to his web guy to train me better so I can run my own sites, instead of relying on other people and my BF's too impatient to train me himself. So it sounds like my summer's gonna be full of training for several different things to get ready for a possible move(who knows when we'll actually do it) BUT he wants me to keep doing makeup for sets like I've been doing while I'm training. How the hell am I supposed to be in 3 places at once???!!! And on top of all that, he wants me to make a comeback in front of the camera by next year! Can someone pleeeeez slap some sense in my oh-so-eager BF. I just can't be the be-everywhere-do-everything-woman...cuz to him I should be shooting my own content,performing in my own scenes, running my website, doing makeup for everyone he shoots and I shoot, and opening up a salon or spa in AL. I'll be burned out by the end of the year. Hey....like the "old" song goes., I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR..... - I CAN DO ANYTHING!!! lol...Opening a DAY SPA??? in Alabama??? Ain't happening! in the deep South??? NO WAY.... Why don't you let him go & check it out for himself., & then go & visit and see if YOU like it.....This guys' got you wrapped like a trained seal... wake up & smell the coffee....
 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by K*O* Hey....like the "old" song goes., I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR..... - I CAN DO ANYTHING!!! lol...Opening a DAY SPA??? in Alabama??? Ain't happening! in the deep South??? NO WAY.... Why don't you let him go & check it out for himself., & then go & visit and see if YOU like it.....This guys' got you wrapped like a trained seal... wake up & smell the coffee.... Hehehehe, we're just trying to do all we can to prepare ourselves for life after XXX. We're making plenty of money now in lots of businesses, but we want to make sure we stay making money by several different means. I think we both have a goal of retirement in like 5 years. So we're busting our asses coming up with ideas to make us more money NOW
And we will eventually move to AL I think. He's opening an internet cafe there and we're thinking of the spa/salon thing too. He's originally from there, that's why we're gonna be there eventually cuz he has a house out there.
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by envymi Hehehehe, we're just trying to do all we can to prepare ourselves for life after XXX. We're making plenty of money now in lots of businesses, but we want to make sure we stay making money by several different means. I think we both have a goal of retirement in like 5 years. So we're busting our asses coming up with ideas to make us more money NOW
And we will eventually move to AL I think. He's opening an internet cafe there and we're thinking of the spa/salon thing too. He's originally from there, that's why we're gonna be there eventually cuz he has a house out there. Damn! I wish I could retire in 5 years!!! I can't even afford to move out! LOL I think It's time we hit up the plastic surgeon & change careers! LOL
 
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by envymi Hehehehe, we're just trying to do all we can to prepare ourselves for life after XXX. We're making plenty of money now in lots of businesses, but we want to make sure we stay making money by several different means. I think we both have a goal of retirement in like 5 years. So we're busting our asses coming up with ideas to make us more money NOW
And we will eventually move to AL I think. He's opening an internet cafe there and we're thinking of the spa/salon thing too. He's originally from there, that's why we're gonna be there eventually cuz he has a house out there. Where are you from originally??? You don't strike me like as a Southern Belle? lol - Why don't you guys just chill, and vacation for a long while if you got all this money....Then do a little at a time., it's NOT a marathon !!!

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
LOL-Hey now, not all my $$$ is from XXX. I did have a regular life before this(maybe not regular, but not so ADULT
) I've just got a great eye on the best ways to make me money, but I get so bored easily. That's my problem, I have too many interests and I want to master them all! And my BF doesn't help cuz he encourages me to do whatever I want to. I've always had a kind of "Superwoman" thing going. I NEED to do it ALL!!! Just not at the same time


 
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by envymi LOL-Hey now, not all my $$$ is from XXX. I did have a regular life before this(maybe not regular, but not so ADULT
) I've just got a great eye on the best ways to make me money, but I get so bored easily. That's my problem, I have too many interests and I want to master them all! And my BF doesn't help cuz he encourages me to do whatever I want to. I've always had a kind of "Superwoman" thing going. I NEED to do it ALL!!! Just not at the same time
Well it ain't gonna happen in Alabama.....you're not gonna make any money there....that like going 4 steps forward and nine steps back....What town do you live in now????

 

Latest posts

Top