Hi all, I'm new

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to this message board and wanted to say hello. I turned 30 in Jan. and for my birthday, I treated myself to some new makeup, since I never wore anything except lipgloss up until that point. I am still practicing with different techniques and colors. I'm having so much fun, and feel so much better about myself, but I am new, so I tend to get overwhemled by the differnt brands and products out there! I am using AV for night time and I LOVE it. I am thinking of going for mneral makeup for everyday, since the application seems quick, and I live in FL where it is always hot.

I have dry skin and also need to update my skincare regimine before I start to show signs of aging.

My best freind is a makeup junkie, but I don't really like to go to her because she likes to put pink and purple (ugg) on my face. I like browns and want to try some greys for my eyes. I have light skin, brown hair and blue eyes. My light skin has a pink undertone to it.

Well, I'm sure to be asking for lots of advice, and looking forward to meeting all of you ladies!

Hi Fiji ~ welcome to MuT, I'm Karen from New York ...The girls here are all very helpful and will answer any questions you have, they're experts in every catagory in my opinion. Terrific bunch of chicks !
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by fiji Hi everyone. I am new to this message board and wanted to say hello. I turned 30 in Jan. and for my birthday, I treated myself to some new makeup, since I never wore anything except lipgloss up until that point. I am still practicing with different techniques and colors. I'm having so much fun, and feel so much better about myself, but I am new, so I tend to get overwhemled by the differnt brands and products out there! I am using AV for night time and I LOVE it. I am thinking of going for mneral makeup for everyday, since the application seems quick, and I live in FL where it is always hot. I have dry skin and also need to update my skincare regimine before I start to show signs of aging.

My best freind is a makeup junkie, but I don't really like to go to her because she likes to put pink and purple (ugg) on my face. I like browns and want to try some greys for my eyes. I have light skin, brown hair and blue eyes. My light skin has a pink undertone to it.

Well, I'm sure to be asking for lots of advice, and looking forward to meeting all of you ladies!

Hi and Welcome to MuT! I'm Jess from Hawaii. I look forward to chatting with you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hiya Fiji, welcome to MakeUpTalk! I'm sure you'll find all the advice you need right here. I'm Laura from Ireland
biggrin.gif

Hi there! Welcome to MUT! I've beena member for a few months. While I don't post that often I read the post almost daily to get ideas and to see whats the latest out there. I'm a little bit older than you ,34, but like you I never wore much makeup before until I found this site. Usually just a lipgloss and maybe a bit of mascara. I'm sure you will also get a ton of ideas from this site and the girls here are wonderful at answering any questions you may have.

Oh yeahI almost forgot I have dry skin too and I just recieved my Bare Minerals foundation, mineralveil,and clear radiance in the mail. I find that I need to put a fairly heavy moisturizer on underneath the minerals so I don't get the dried out look. I do love them though because I could never get used to the feel of liquid makeup. Liquid foundation always made me feel like I had a mask on.I guess I've been blessed because I never really had that bad of skin concerning acne and such so I never really had the need for it. I've only ever had to deal with this miserable dry skin.

Have fun with allyour new makeup and welcome again!

Welcome, Fiji ~ I'm Janelle from Ny - nice to meet you! If you need any help, just ask!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Fiji! Welcome to MuT!!! We're glad you found us. I'm Tracey from Florida and I look forward to your posts.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by fiji Hi everyone. I am new to this message board and wanted to say hello. I turned 30 in Jan. and for my birthday, I treated myself to some new makeup, since I never wore anything except lipgloss up until that point. I am still practicing with different techniques and colors. I'm having so much fun, and feel so much better about myself, but I am new, so I tend to get overwhemled by the differnt brands and products out there! I am using AV for night time and I LOVE it. I am thinking of going for mneral makeup for everyday, since the application seems quick, and I live in FL where it is always hot. I have dry skin and also need to update my skincare regimine before I start to show signs of aging.

Originally Posted by fiji

Hi everyone. I am new to this message board and wanted to say hello. I turned 30 in Jan. and for my birthday, I treated myself to some new makeup, since I never wore anything except lipgloss up until that point. I am still practicing with different techniques and colors. I'm having so much fun, and feel so much better about myself, but I am new, so I tend to get overwhemled by the differnt brands and products out there! I am using AV for night time and I LOVE it. I am thinking of going for mneral makeup for everyday, since the application seems quick, and I live in FL where it is always hot. I have dry skin and also need to update my skincare regimine before I start to show signs of aging.

Hey there! Welcome to MakeupTalk from the backend programming dept here. We love our new users! Make sure you check out our product review section and swap section!

Hey welcome, I'm Gwendolyn from NY. you gotta try MAC Shadows they have amazing colors,or if you want to stick to minerals,try bareescentuals they also have an amazing range of eyeshadow colors,enjoy
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23

Hey welcome, I'm Gwendolyn from NY. you gotta try MAC Shadows they have amazing colors,or if you want to stick to minerals,try bareescentuals they also have an amazing range of eyeshadow colors,enjoy
biggrin.gif

That is a cool name, Gwendolyn!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) That is a cool name, Gwendolyn! Thanks,dont ask me what my parents were on though.lol

Originally Posted by nydoll23

Thanks,dont ask me what my parents were on though.lol

LOL, since you are a nice new part of MUT, I have to say HOT notepad!!! You are pretty and your son looks fun!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOL, since you are a nice new part of MUT, I have to say HOT notepad!!! You are pretty and your son looks fun!
Thanks Tony,Its still a work in progress,but tons of fun!

& Welcome to MuT Fiji! Glad you're here & know you'll enjoy yourself w/the rest of us. Looking forward to your posts!
biggrin.gif

Hi Fiji. Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

Latest posts

Back