Hi everyone!! I'm New!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday. I decided to start my own thread to introduce myself. I'm 30 years olds and New York. I love to read about all the girlie stuff- hair, makeup and clothes. I've been reading others posts and enjoying them. Some of you guys have quite a bit of sense of humor, thats great!!

Looking forward to chit chatting with all of you.

"Give a girl the correct footwear and she can conquer the world"
cool.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva Happy Tuesday. I decided to start my own thread to introduce myself. I'm 30 years olds and New York. I love to read about all the girlie stuff- hair, makeup and clothes. I've been reading others posts and enjoying them. Some of you guys have quite a bit of sense of humor, thats great!!

cool.gif

Welcome to MuT..Looking forward to hearing more from you
smile.gif

Welcome Shoediva!!! So glad to have you here! Hope you'll enjoy yourself here at MuT! It's a blast!
smile.gif

Warm welcome Shoediva! I'm glad you made it and I look forward to your post!
icon_smile.gif

thats the biggest compliment I've had in a while, thanks! LOL Thanks also to everyone for all the welcomes, I begining to feel cozzzzyyyyy

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Toe to heel SD - you rock.

Wow! A New Yorker! I used to live in Connecticut. I've been to NY a few times. IT's really it's own little world! Warm welcomes and glad you like girlie stuff and have a sense of humor. Me 2 on both counts!
wordcool2.gif

mutbanner340.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva Happy Tuesday. I decided to start my own thread to introduce myself. I'm 30 years olds and New York. I love to read about all the girlie stuff- hair, makeup and clothes. I've been reading others posts and enjoying them. Some of you guys have quite a bit of sense of humor, thats great!!

cool.gif

Hi Cali, thanks for the welcome. I love New York but many a times I would just love to pick up and go,- especially when I am on Grand Central Station at rush hour with a trillion other people who are trying to get home from work.........its torture!!!! The price you pay........

Connecticut is nice very different than New York......

Originally Posted by Californian Wow! A New Yorker! I used to live in Connecticut. I've been to NY a few times. IT's really it's own little world! Warm welcomes and glad you like girlie stuff and have a sense of humor. Me 2 on both counts!
wordcool2.gif

mutbanner340.gif

Yes Connecticut is country-like in comparison to NY! You pay a price no matter where you live. In California, we pay high prices for just about everything. We are crowded enough to need a subway system like NYC! I prefer the West coast because I like the friendly people and the sun. Besides, this is where I grew up and it just "fits." I love NY for different things. They have the best fresh (unparalleled) bagels that I have ever tasted! The food there is superior from all the immigrants- REAL pizza, etc. The culture there is also unparalleled.

Going to NY is like stepping foot into another country. I also love the cheap deals you can get even if ... um... you get them from a funky looking guy in an army coat. When else could you get a Gucci bag for $10.00? Yikes. It is definatly interesting!

Glad you found us and I like reading your posts!

cookie.jpg

I grew up in NY, Hempstead to be exact, all the relatives live in NYC & I'm the maverick...started in 1980, went off to San Fran, then Sebastopol, ending up in San Diego til 1996. Been in Houston since. This was the hardest transition. Bi-coastal in mindset, southern in temperature & pace...do not, repeat do not miss snow.

Gr8, did you find people to be friendlier as you meandered West too? Did you meet your SO in Houston? Do you like TX?

A different friendly - I've been north & south in a few states but one thing has been consistent. In the southern part of any state people are friendlier, warmer & more open to strangers. In the northern part they're colder, more insulated, snobbier or more cliqueish. Northern CA does not like southern CA people - north everywhere has a more citified, metropolitan, better-than-thou attitude. Pretty funny actually. The more south I've gone, the more confederate/yankee the opposition, the more like each other they are. The only major differences I've observed are in the food & clothing arenas...here it's fried chicken/biscuits (I've got a funny story about that), in NY it's bagels/lox; in WA, home of Starbucks, & lots of CA transplants, like in MA, it's anything fish/chips. CA has the best of the new trends & most often initiates them...what's new here is old news there.

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH A different friendly - I've been north & south in a few states but one thing has been consistent. In the southern part of any state people are friendlier, warmer & more open to strangers. In the northern part they're colder, more insulated, snobbier or more cliqueish. Northern CA does not like southern CA people - north everywhere has a more citified, metropolitan, better-than-thou attitude. Pretty funny actually. The more south I've gone, the more confederate/yankee the opposition, the more like each other they are. The only major differences I've observed are in the food & clothing arenas...here it's fried chicken/biscuits (I've got a funny story about that), in NY it's bagels/lox; in WA, home of Starbucks, & lots of CA transplants, like in MA, it's anything fish/chips. CA has the best of the new trends & most often initiates them...what's new here is old news there. Let's here the fried chicken and biscuits story. I've been to Southern Illinois and they eat pig snouts over there. Interesting comment on North versus South.. the more I think about it, the more it rings true! Not always, but quite often... <-- We're waiting for the fried chicken story!

Ok - I did not grow eating southern food. Period. I do not eat fried food. Period. Or much bread. And Jody is Cajun Southern. And he can & does eat anything & it doesn't stick...so...I had just moved in with him Nov. 2002. Sunday morning, fresh coffee, newspaper, dog fed, how about breakfast? So I get out a tube of biscuits...look at it, read the label, pre-heat the oven, get out the pan...try to open by smacking the darn thing on the edge of the counter...nothing happening...honey, how do you open this, do I use a can opener?....chuckle from the recliner...bring it here he says...see this little silver doo-dad? you peel it...& it opens up the tube...fine I say...so I get the doughy rounds out & figure there are 5 to the tube, stick them in the oven, go take a shower. Jody checks on them after about 7 minutes, opens the oven & says, where are the rest of the biscuits, I see only 5, there are 10 to a tube...I didn't separate them...Ok he says. (by this time I can feel his eyes rolling). So I remove them after 14 minutes &....they're burned on the bottom, golden on top, partially uncooked in the middle - & darn it all if he didn't eat them all & he's been telling my first attempt at baking to anyone who'll listen & laugh...So, fast forward to Feb. 2003, Valentines Day. I went & found the biggest tube of fluffy biscuits & deliberately cooked all 10 (separated out by now), & burned them on purpose to a deep gold, let them cool to harden, decorated 7 with non-toxic glitter glue hearts & initials, strung them up with fishing line & ribbon & left 1 in the freezer (1st place to look for munchies to nuke) as a joke & 2 on the counter...well, Big Dog found the 2 on the counter & took off licking his chops with glitter around his muzzle...Jody got the goods & I got diamonds....he still gets off on telling that story...now I'm on to the remote control-challenged stories...

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Ok - I did not grow eating southern food. Period. I do not eat fried food. Period. Or much bread. And Jody is Cajun Southern. And he can & does eat anything & it doesn't stick...so...I had just moved in with him Nov. 2002. Sunday morning, fresh coffee, newspaper, dog fed, how about breakfast? So I get out a tube of biscuits...look at it, read the label, pre-heat the oven, get out the pan...try to open by smacking the darn thing on the edge of the counter...nothing happening...honey, how do you open this, do I use a can opener?....chuckle from the recliner...bring it here he says...see this little silver doo-dad? you peel it...& it opens up the tube...fine I say...so I get the doughy rounds out & figure there are 5 to the tube, stick them in the oven, go take a shower. Jody checks on them after about 7 minutes, opens the oven & says, where are the rest of the biscuits, I see only 5, there are 10 to a tube...I didn't separate them...Ok he says. (by this time I can feel his eyes rolling). So I remove them after 14 minutes &....they're burned on the bottom, golden on top, partially uncooked in the middle - & darn it all if he didn't eat them all & he's been telling my first attempt at baking to anyone who'll listen & laugh...So, fast forward to Feb. 2003, Valentines Day. I went & found the biggest tube of fluffy biscuits & deliberately cooked all 10 (separated out by now), & burned them on purpose to a deep gold, let them cool to harden, decorated 7 with non-toxic glitter glue hearts & initials, strung them up with fishing line & ribbon & left 1 in the freezer (1st place to look for munchies to nuke) as a joke & 2 on the counter...well, Big Dog found the 2 on the counter & took off licking his chops with glitter around his muzzle...Jody got the goods & I got diamonds....he still gets off on telling that story...now I'm on to the remote control-challenged stories... HAhhahahahhaha. Even the dog won this one! You are in love.. you are a goner! It's very evident! He loves you too.. who else would reheat glitter biscuits from his challenged chef lovie? Hahahaha. Great story.
newmyeditor3.jpg

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH I grew up in NY, Hempstead to be exact, all the relatives live in NYC & I'm the maverick...started in 1980, went off to San Fran, then Sebastopol, ending up in San Diego til 1996. Been in Houston since. This was the hardest transition. Bi-coastal in mindset, southern in temperature & pace...do not, repeat do not miss snow. How neat, Gr8! I grew up in NY, too. Farmingdale, Long Island, to be exact. Right on 109.
I moved to Florida in 1987/88 (If I remember correctly), and then to Houston in January 2003. Small world!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back