Highlights for Dark Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kristina posted about what color of highlights look good on darker hair. I found some pics of gals with dark hair who got highlights. Here are the before and afters:

Before:
scarlett_b4.jpg

After with a few golden highlights:
scarlett_after.jpg

Before:

After with golden highlights:
daria_after.jpg

Before:

After with medium brown highlights:
sue_after.jpg

Red Highlights:
img_mkov_bef3.jpg
img_mkov_new3.jpg

Pretty Reddish highlights on very dark-haired model:

4s3450a_5.jpg

God i love that last pic.. Ive dar, dark brown hair.. Might even get something like this done myself!

Here are some more highlighting pics I found
smile.gif

Before:

After with a hair-painting technique called "baliage" to add highlights :

1_after.jpg

Before:

2_before.jpg

After (Hairstylist Laurie first lightened Jillian's natural color a couple of notches and is now applying highlights. Laurie actually knows the stylist who colors J.Lo's hair and was able to explain how the superstar achieved her lightened locks in stages. She advised Jillian to do the same. "If you go slowly, step by step, then your hair stays healthier, the color looks natural and eventually you can get very blonde hair if you want," says Laurie.)

2_after.jpg
(Not blonde...yet, but it's exactly what Jillian wanted. "I love it," she says. "I'm very happy. Sometimes plain dark hair has no dimensions. It looks shimmery now! And I'm definitely going to keep doing it so that it will get lighter." )

Before:

3_before.jpg

After (using three shades of blonde highlights):

3_after1.jpg

Latest posts

Back