Quantcast

highlights

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
this question's for my mom.

she wants to get highlights, but she can't afford to get them done every time he grey hair starts to show (on the top). is there something she can buy/do? i know there's something called "root touch-up kit", but i'm sure it would look kinda dumb since i think i'd be covering up the highlights.

sorry if that makes no sense


 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jennifer this question's for my mom.
she wants to get highlights, but she can't afford to get them done every time he grey hair starts to show (on the top). is there something she can buy/do? i know there's something called "root touch-up kit", but i'm sure it would look kinda dumb since i think i'd be covering up the highlights.

sorry if that makes no sense


Hey you! Actually theres a good side, and a bad side to highlights on women with greying hair. The good: Highlighting kind of hides the grays, being the surrounding hair is light, and the different tones can make her go a little longer without a touch up. The Bad: You really can't do your own touch ups - unless you are familiar with doing highlights, more so... you own. That's why highlights are a big commitment. You will have to do a lot of maintenance on them, so it's best not to start something like that if you aren't really going to be able to do the follow ups.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hey you! Actually theres a good side, and a bad side to highlights on women with greying hair. The good: Highlighting kind of hides the grays, being the surrounding hair is light, and the different tones can make her go a little longer without a touch up. The Bad: You really can't do your own touch ups - unless you are familiar with doing highlights, more so... you own. That's why highlights are a big commitment. You will have to do a lot of maintenance on them, so it's best not to start something like that if you aren't really going to be able to do the follow ups.
thanks so much! i'll let my mom know. i knew i could count on you
 
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
572
Reaction score
0
Most Salons will do a partial highlight, which is normally half the price as a full head highlight. Your mom could try doing that, it will save money as well.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Most Salons will do a partial highlight, which is normally half the price as a full head highlight. Your mom could try doing that, it will save money as well. I wish the salons out here woud've done that when I was younger and highlighted my hair - they'd charge an arm & a leg regarless LOL Then once I started working at the salon - I'd just have them do it for me on the house
But I've given up highlights a long time ago - can't be bothered... lol
 

Latest posts

Top