highlights

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this question's for my mom.

she wants to get highlights, but she can't afford to get them done every time he grey hair starts to show (on the top). is there something she can buy/do? i know there's something called "root touch-up kit", but i'm sure it would look kinda dumb since i think i'd be covering up the highlights.

sorry if that makes no sense
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer this question's for my mom.
she wants to get highlights, but she can't afford to get them done every time he grey hair starts to show (on the top). is there something she can buy/do? i know there's something called "root touch-up kit", but i'm sure it would look kinda dumb since i think i'd be covering up the highlights.

sorry if that makes no sense
frown.gif

Hey you! Actually theres a good side, and a bad side to highlights on women with greying hair. The good: Highlighting kind of hides the grays, being the surrounding hair is light, and the different tones can make her go a little longer without a touch up. The Bad: You really can't do your own touch ups - unless you are familiar with doing highlights, more so... you own. That's why highlights are a big commitment. You will have to do a lot of maintenance on them, so it's best not to start something like that if you aren't really going to be able to do the follow ups.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hey you! Actually theres a good side, and a bad side to highlights on women with greying hair. The good: Highlighting kind of hides the grays, being the surrounding hair is light, and the different tones can make her go a little longer without a touch up. The Bad: You really can't do your own touch ups - unless you are familiar with doing highlights, more so... you own. That's why highlights are a big commitment. You will have to do a lot of maintenance on them, so it's best not to start something like that if you aren't really going to be able to do the follow ups.
icon_wink.gif
thanks so much! i'll let my mom know. i knew i could count on you
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Most Salons will do a partial highlight, which is normally half the price as a full head highlight. Your mom could try doing that, it will save money as well.

Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Most Salons will do a partial highlight, which is normally half the price as a full head highlight. Your mom could try doing that, it will save money as well. I wish the salons out here woud've done that when I was younger and highlighted my hair - they'd charge an arm & a leg regarless LOL Then once I started working at the salon - I'd just have them do it for me on the house
wink.gif
But I've given up highlights a long time ago - can't be bothered... lol
icon_redface.gif

Latest posts

Back