hilighting hair with hair dye

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just dyed my hair back to brown and now I miss my blond highlights
frown.gif
I was wondering if its ok to use regular blond hair dye that you buy at the store and cap to do highlights. Highlights are very $$ and I dont have that money now.

danielle

Originally Posted by itsd2382 I just dyed my hair back to brown and now I miss my blond highlights
frown.gif
I was wondering if its ok to use regular blond hair dye that you buy at the store and cap to do highlights. Highlights are very $$ and I dont have that money now.
danielle

Sorry to have to burst your bubble, but the blonde box dye that you get at the drugstore won't turn dark hair blonde. You'd have to go to a professional beauty store (Like Sally's) and get the bleach powder & peroxide. The box stuff isnt strong enough to lighten that many levels.
redface.gif
Your color will oxidize over time,a nd lighten up on its own... even more so where you originally had the highlights... but that's what you'd need if you want it really light & not want to wait. But I really like the color you have it now -
redface.gif

Originally Posted by itsd2382 Darn I wish it would have worked! Thanks for letting me now! If it were only that easy!! LOL Nobody would need a salon!
wink.gif

Back