How 2 Get a Gorgeous Face For Less

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=SHeader1>I think this business-savvy and ethnic beauty knows her stuff. Take a look at her tips below!

How to Get a Gorgeous Face -- Without Breaking the Bank

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=SHeader2>By Sonia Kashuk

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=SText2>Makeup artist Sonia Kashuk explains why expensive makeup doesn't make you beautiful. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=lgSpacer colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=SText5 colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=SText1><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=SText1><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>
shim.gif
</TD><TD class=SText3>
m_soniakashukrealbeauty.jpg

enlarge.gif

Sonia Kashuk</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
shim.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Editor's note: ... A 20-year beauty industry veteran, Kashuk has worked with some of the most prominent names and recognized faces in the beauty and fashion industry. However, women in the real world may know her best for her cosmetics collection, Sonia Kashuk Professional Makeup at Target, a prestige-quality makeup line featuring advanced formulas and elegant packaging at truly affordable prices... hope you enjoy her advice.

As a makeup artist, I've come face to face with some of the most genetically blessed women in the world. Amazing bone structure, flawless skin. But after they sit in my chair for an hour or so, they begin to reveal themselves as more than a face -- and I not only see what's on their eyes (shadow, liner, etc.), I can see what's in their eyes (hope, hurt, happiness). That is when I find women to be their most beautiful.

For years, women have been completely mystified by all the choices in makeup. My philosophy is that that makeup should be simple and fun. I also think that makeup empowers, inspires, and motivates women of all ages, and should therefore reflect, not mask, the woman who wears it.

Here, I offer the five beauty maxims that I live by:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=SText1>

[*]Real beauty involves more than what comes out of a tube or a compact. It has physical, emotional, and intellectual components -- and every woman can attain it.

[*]Great products do not have to cost a lot of money. Don't get caught up in marketing madness, and don't pay for pseudo science. There are plenty of effective and fun products available at perfectly reasonable prices.

[*]You don't need a super-sized suitcase to do a daily face. One or two products in one or two places can create a perfectly polished look. Foundation, blush, and lip color are three examples of products that, when properly applied, give the face an instant pick-me-up.

[*]Knowledge (about skincare and application techniques) is more valuable than keeping up with makeup trends. Proper care and feeding of the skin will give you a greater return on your investment than the newest shade of lipstick will. Great skincare, like great makeup, does not have to cost a lot -- you can find the same vitamins, ingredients, and scientific formulas as the pricey brands in a less expensive version.

Learning how to properly use and take care of your makeup tools will ensure you get more mileage out of them, and will also improve how the makeup wears on you. With proper care, brushes will last for years. Knowing how to use each one will improve your overall look.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=SText1>

[*]Real beauty is not a formula. It's open to interpretation. Makeup should not be prescribed -- only you can decide what looks right. Every woman arrives at her own look in her own way through trial and error. It's a never-ending -- and exciting -- experiment.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=SText1>LHJ

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excellent post, Cali! I wholeheartedly agree with what Sonia Kashuk says. And, I've added my input (in red) too!

<LI>Real beauty involves more than what comes out of a tube or a compact. It has physical, emotional, and intellectual components -- and every woman can attain it. While I can be pretty with my foundation and lipstick on, I'm at my most beautiful point when I'm confident, laughing and comfortable in my own skin.

<LI>Great products do not have to cost a lot of money. Don't get caught up in marketing madness, and don't pay for pseudo science. There are plenty of effective and fun products available at perfectly reasonable prices. For example, Chanel has a new liquid shadow that is a dead ringer for Maybelline's liquid eyes!

<LI>You don't need a super-sized suitcase to do a daily face. One or two products in one or two places can create a perfectly polished look. Foundation, blush, and lip color are three examples of products that, when properly applied, give the face an instant pick-me-up. Yeah, well I love to collect makeup...huge piles of it. Just in case the beauty industry collapses on its face, I'll be stocked until 2020.

<LI>Knowledge (about skincare and application techniques) is more valuable than keeping up with makeup trends. Proper care and feeding of the skin will give you a greater return on your investment than the newest shade of lipstick will. Great skincare, like great makeup, does not have to cost a lot -- you can find the same vitamins, ingredients, and scientific formulas as the pricey brands in a less expensive version. YES!! Just check out the great products at DHC, Avon and RoC. Their quality is just as luxurious as the $150+ creams and serums. When I run out of my LaMer serum, I'm going to try one from DHC. Their samples really impress me!

I love Sonya's brushes...all you need for $19.99 at Target!!! Her eyeshadow palettes for fall are great shades too.

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz I love Sonya's brushes...all you need for $19.99 at Target!!! Her eyeshadow palettes for fall are great shades too. I think, even if I were a millionaire, I'd still go check out Target, Ms Pinky.It's my favorite French store on this side of Generica.

There may be screaming kids and shoppers with bad manners, but I like many of their do-dads and the prices rock!

news01.jpg

I think i'll have to go to target and check out this line of brushes, one can never have enough brushes, especially for the eyes.

Mrsmac

icon_idea.gif

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz I love Sonya's brushes...all you need for $19.99 at Target!!! Her eyeshadow palettes for fall are great shades too.

Mrsmac....they just mentioned Sonia's foundation brush in the Special Edition of Marie Claire. IN the Spluge or Steal section.

Latest posts

Back