How did you meet your guy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm soo tired of guys! I'm 21 yrs and so far I haven't had any luck with guys! They all lie to me (to my face!) I just want to know how you met the guy you are with or your husband?
smile.gif

i am single right now (have been for the last 1.5 years!) but i met my last two bfs online....

met the 1st one on a local chatroom on mirc (lasted 3.5 years)

the 2nd one had posted an ad for a roommate and i responded....did not end up taking the room but eventually we moved in together (L) (lasted 2.5 years)

I met my husband at a movie theatre. We both worked there and we were friends.

Long Story short... I kinda gave up on guys and their BS and he was having issues as well. One day out of the blue we just started being more than friends. 11 years later, he's my hubby!

Hang in there!

I put this in one of the other threads but I will put it here too I guess. Okay so here I go......Me and two of my girlfriends were on vacation in South Padre Island and my husband and his friends were there as well. We three hotties decided to go lay on the beach the first morning we were there. My husband, Chad, and his guys were already on the beach. They apparently noticed us but thought that we were out of their league (so not true, as they later found out) so they were too nervous to talk to us. So to get our attention, they decided to throw their football our direction, not knowing it would smack ME in the head. We laughed it off and they ran over to apologize. We all started talking and I saw Chad and I literally told my girlfriends, "He's mine"!!! Later that night they all came by to pick us up to go out and he and I started dancing and talking and that night we had our first kiss. :icon_love Luckily we only lived 3 hours away from each other and he emailed me the day he got back home. We drove back and forth for awhile. We got married exactly one year to the day we met, and have been together ever since. It was kind of funny because we saw that movie Just Married with Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy. When it showed the scene of them meeting, we were like "Oh my gosh, that's our story"!!!!

i met my bf on match.com! we were just friends at first but became more
smile.gif

I was working for his mom and she set us up! lol I wasn't really looking for a relationship at the time but things just happened
wink.gif
... we got engaged 4 months later, and now we've been married for a year!
smile.gif

i've been with the same guy for 25 years. we met in business school and both have degrees in business. our son is 21 and now earning his degree in business. i did have to kiss a few frogs before i found my prince charming. don't be to critical of all men. just take the time to notice the little signs and most of all listen to your gut, not your heart. your heart will fall for anything!

I met my husband thru my uncle. He was a co-worker of his and I was seperated from my previous husband ( we were seperated for awhile cuz we didnt have the $ for a divorce) Well my Uncle kept saying, I work with this guy that I want you to meet. I kept thinking "Yeah, yeah whatever" I did not want any relationship at all. Just got out of a crappy marriage, working full time and going to school. Anyway, my Uncle invited hime over to his house (where I was living temporarily at the time) and voila! Attraction/ Lust at once. Now we have been married for 10.5 years and have 3 kids
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i met my bf through a personals profile on blackplanet.com.... he wrote to me, we started the phone thing, we both claimed that we didn't want to get into a relationship, and a year and a half later I can truly say that he's the love of my life and I can't imagine my life without him... :icon_love

now, if only he'd propose.... lol

i was in a chatroom on aol, while chatting with 8 different guys in IM's.. and i get another IM from another guy who stood out from the rest bcuz he said he only had 1 buddy on his buddy list lol .. we basically clicked during our first convo, and by our 2nd we were calling eachother by our full names, and after our 3rd we started talking on the phone, after 3 months of talking we met in person and he asked me to be his gf that same day and 5 yrs later we're still together. :icon_love

i dont like telling anyone that i met my bf online
icon_redface.gif

These are good stories... so many of you met online
icon_surprised.gif

Well i met my hubby at work, we both worked as teacher assistants in an elementary school. When we first met I thought he was sooooo cute. By coincidence my younger brother was in his class so I asked him to ask for his name. I found out his name and that he had a girlfriend
frown.gif
so we just became friends. A Christmas later before winter break he gave me a stuffed animal out of the blue, but naive me didn't think much of it. Soon after he asked me out to the movies and we went but again not having much dating experience I didn't see it as a date. To add confusion to everything he told me a story about him going out with a girl friend and how at the end of the night she leaned in to kiss him and how he didn't understand why she would just assume he was romantically interested. Well after that story I tried not to see him in that way however, he was interested and I definately found out he was after a few more "dates". Five years to the "first date" we were married. Now we've been married for almost three years :icon_love

Long story I know and if I included everything it would be longer
hahaha.gif

I met my bf in 1999 in a Yahoo chatroom. He worked overnights as a dj and said something that really pissed me off so I let him know and somehow we became friends...then more. hehe. He is Canadian I was in the US it was quite a pain we did the long distance thing for a while. Don't ever give up - I really think meeting people online is a great way -have you tried it? Just be careful and meet quite quickly so you dont waste your time or get badboyz

I met my husband at my first job 14 years ago and now we have been married for 12 years. Jobs are a great way. Better than a bar imo.

I've had my share of nice boyfriends and "bad" boys, but the moment I met my husband, I knew he was the man I would marry. I "picked" him up at a house party in San Francisco near USF. He had just finished grad school, and was planning to return to the East Coast. A friend and I were just stopping by the house party on our way to the clubs. We ended up staying there all night. I noticed him immediately, and started a conversation with him. He seemed kinda shy at first, but we talked all night. The next day we talked for another 3-4 hours, and ended up going out on our first date at the Buena Vista Bar on Fisherman's Wharf. That's where we had our first kiss, and we've been together ever since. Together for 12 years, married for almost 8, with 2 beautiful kids. His idea of going back to the East Coast went out the window!

It's so hard to meet someone you connect with, click with, and who you can trust. But I'm a hopeless romantic, and believe love is where you least expect it.

:icon_love

p.s. We just got back from our vacation on the East Coast. I missed you guys!!
redface.gif

I met my bf thru a yahoo chatroom...i was bored at work and decided to go into one of the rooms...m not bored anymore lol

Originally Posted by Liz i met my bf on match.com! we were just friends at first but became more
smile.gif
wow! I've always refrained from dating websites, but I guess it's not such a bad idea after all
redface.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet He had just finished grad school, and was planning to return to the East Coast....His idea of going back to the East Coast went out the window! lol ... when I met my hubby, he was only planning on being home for 1-2 weeks before returning to the city where he went to college at (he had just graduated) to look for a job. I met him in early June, at the beginning of my summer internship. By July he was still at home and already looking for jobs in the city where I was going to start grad school in the Fall! lol

wow-

My ex-husband i met thru an old job from years ago, then found him again via the internet.. we already knew each other but not "well".. so, we started dating, and got married.. things really changed after that (WHY does that HAPPEN!) and we divorced.

My current BF is someone i had liked for a long time, he was on the heavy rescue unit next door to my ambulance corps.. He used to let me borrow his bunker pants on rescue drills....but i didn't think i could get with him.. we lost touch for a bit, then became friends again.. my marriage was already falling apart..he told me how he felt.. and i still felt the same. So, after i officially left my husband who managed to be a real jerk at a dinner function, i got with the heavy rescue guy. Things are going well, im divorced now.. and well, most likely will be married again this time next year. our friends think the BF and I are really good together.. We have most of the plans done, on paper.. and our friends who are involved are really rooting for us..

Latest posts

Back