How did you meet your guy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many cute romantic stories!!

I lived a block away from my current boyfriend for about a year and a half. I used to watch him walk his dogs past my house every day, but I didn't have the guts to go talk to him.

One day we ended up at a party with mutual friends, where we officially met each other for the first time. Since we lived so close it was really convenient to visit each other all the time. I moved to Tokyo for a short while, but then when I came back to the US I moved in with him. I think we're perfectly matched, even if you look at our astrological charts! We've been happy and living together for 4 years now.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl So many cute romantic stories!!
I lived a block away from my current boyfriend for about a year and a half. I used to watch him walk his dogs past my house every day, but I didn't have the guts to go talk to him.

One day we ended up at a party with mutual friends, where we officially met each other for the first time. Since we lived so close it was really convenient to visit each other all the time. I moved to Tokyo for a short while, but then when I came back to the US I moved in with him. I think we're perfectly matched, even if you look at our astrological charts! We've been happy and living together for 4 years now.

suzukigrrl, I love your story...it's so romantic. I'm very glad that you two found each other and you're happily living together. By the way, I was driving through Oakland the other day to get to the Bay Bridge on my way to SF, and was thinking to myself "suzukigrrl lives around here!"
wink.gif

They're all slime ! (Well at least most are) - Fire crackers in the beginning, and duds at the end. !

Originally Posted by smallpuppy I'm soo tired of guys! I'm 21 yrs and so far I haven't had any luck with guys! They all lie to me (to my face!) I just want to know how you met the guy you are with or your husband?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by monniej i've been with the same guy for 25 years. we met in business school and both have degrees in business. our son is 21 and now earning his degree in business. i did have to kiss a few frogs before i found my prince charming. don't be to critical of all men. just take the time to notice the little signs and most of all listen to your gut, not your heart. your heart will fall for anything! That is such a great advice! One guy told me something like that..he told me to go by instict..what your concious tells you because that is God telling where to go! And the consious is never wrong

I met my husband while I was in High School. It's like a funny story because I had just granduated from middle school and then attended my first year of High School, you can say I was in my books......that kinda girl. Anyway, he was interested in me, but I didn't want to be bothered at all. He was one grade higher than me. All of my friends and even strangers would come up to me and be like he likes you, I would be like, tell me something I don't know. He stalked me EVERY single day, I hated going to school. Everyday, when I opened up my locker, he would leave notes in there, and come into my class with balloons and flowers.

I remember in my History class, he was cool with my teacher, so during his lunch break, he would come into my class. Another student would be sitting behind me, and that person would then get up and let him sit there. He would then try to talk to me by making jokes, I would just laugh and keep it short.

But long story short, he stalked me for a whole year until I liked him back. And, we have been married for 6 years and still going strong with our two little boys.

smallpuppy, I know exactly what you mean about guys, but hang in there. I was single again at 29 but it all worked out in the end. I'm with a BF who I adore (and who thinks I'm a crackpot, but I tell him all other women are worse LOL). Anywhoo, we were in the same circle of friends I think for the last 10 years or more. At parties, I was always with my ex and so my BF now would sort of diss me sometimes or not want to talk to me knowing I was "taken". I laugh about that now and tell others that, and my BF doesn't see those days like that. So, we sort of hooked up for the last 2 mos. I was w/ my ex. I had the relationship talk with my ex on how things were a disaster and it wasn't working out for me. He did nothing to fix the situation and got extremely nasty and defensive with me. So, I strayed .. when BF now and I were new me and BF had to keep the relationship from our group of friends for about a year and also, we kept things casual for about a year so we ourselves could make sure that we really liked each other and that it wasn't just an affair and a rebound for me. Some of our friends were really sickened by my switch in spouses within our group, but they have all came around full force. That was a very stressful time, all of it. Anywoo, five and a half years later we are going strong and I can't picture myself with anybody else. I'm hoping for marriage someday !!

trisha i didnt know you were engaged! congrats! ( im all late)

i was working at a tanning salon and my b/f was working right next door and always came in and hung out with us and the girls that worked there, and we were best friends for a year then became closer
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* They're all slime ! (Well at least most are) - Fire crackers in the beginning, and duds at the end. ! lol!

I met my boyfriend in front of a bar we both liked in high school. He just started seeing another girl a day before we met. We sort of unintentionally met a few times and talked. Then he decided to break up with that girl saying: I think I met 'the one' . The next day we started dating and we've been together for 6 years and 3 months
smile.gif
We're not engaged or married, but we both know it we're each other's 'the one'.

I met my boyfriend through a mutual friend of ours. She's not our friend anymore because she tried to break us up. She his ex-girlfriend and she didn't think we would actually date. Anyway, she had told me that she had a late birthday present to give me. She new what I needed and thought that he would be the perfect guy to give me a happy birthday. It doesn't make me sound good, but my boyfriend was supposed to be a one-night-stand. I know it makes me sound pretty skanky, but I'm really not.

Anyway, that one-night-stand turned into another one and then we started dating. We've now been together for almost a year. I can officially say that there are men out there that care. Even if they were supposed to be a birthday present. I'm pretty sure I know part of my birthday present this year.:icon_love
icon_redface.gif

James got a job in the lab where I work and we hit it off straight away and got on really well. Then he got transfered to the chemistry lab in the same building and we decided to have a go. Now we've been together 15months and we live together.

I met my boyfriend 4 years ago (almost exactly 4 years.) He is a CPA, and works with a woman who is my mom's CPA. This lady I have known my whole life, and one day she asked my mom if I was dating anyone. (I had just broken up with someone, so she didnt know). The lady also asked my bf if he had a girlfriend. She asked my mom if she could give my number to a "really nice young man at work," so my mom asked me what I thought. I thought well what the heck, I have met all the other guys at clubs, bars, or online, meeting a guy through my moms accountant wouldnt be too bad, lol. Anyways, he called me, and then we set up a date. He got to my house early and my hair was wet and I hadnt put on makeup yet, but I had to open the door, we still talk about our first date, my moms accountant had told both of us only that the other was "really nice." So I was shocked that he was really handsome, and he always tells me he couldnt believe how pretty I was when I opened that door. We have had problems, but the last year have been the best so far. He is starting to buy stuff for his house, saying "this is for us" (remember I dont live there), and the other day he wanted to know my ring size.

I met my man when we were in diapers. I've known him and been friends with him my entire life, our parents were friends, and we went to school together. We're the same age but he's just a few months older than me. We both had crushes on each other in junior high but never told each other. I got married at 16 and moved away. Three years later I heard from friends that he was married and that her name was Lisa like me.
icon_surprised.gif
I broke up with my ex and shortly after that Chris' ex left him for her boss. We consoled one another and one thing led to another and here we are. Funny how things work out sometimes.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa I met my man when we were in diapers. I've known him and been friends with him my entire life, our parents were friends, and we went to school together. We're the same age but he's just a few months older than me. We both had crushes on each other in junior high but never told each other. I got married at 16 and moved away. Three years later I heard from friends that he was married and that her name was Lisa like me.
icon_surprised.gif
I broke up with my ex and shortly after that Chris' ex left him for her boss. We consoled one another and one thing led to another and here we are. Funny how things work out sometimes. wow great story lisa! all the time you wasted looking for the right one he was right there all along! thats so cool

Okay, this is a bit long, so bear with me.

When I was in my early teens I moved to Toronto a few times to live with my biological mother but always ended up moving back home to newfoundland with my adoptive parents. Each time I moved, I was living in the same apartment building as my husband - but we never met. It seems impossible that we never ran into each other, since the building is small and old has one tiny elevator, but we didn't. Of course, during all these times I lived with my mom, I was 16 and under, making him 14 and under so even if we would have met I woudln't have been interested in him romantically anyway.

Then when I was 18 and back in Newfoundland, my mom called and said she knew a woman who needed a nanny. I was back in Toronto again in less than a month, only living about a 10 minute walking distance from where I used to live.

One day, completely out of the blue, I felt like going to the ice cream shop near my old apartment building. I had no reason to, I just felt an urge to go there. So I went. Once I got there I had the same urge to go to the park that was just down the block from there, and right across the street from my old apartment.

I got there and started talking to my mom's friend who was sitting at a picnic table. Some of my husband's aunts and even his mom was at the same table as well, but I didn't know the connection then. There were some guys playing soccer in the park and that's when I saw him. Him and his friends came over to the table and all the older people left. We all talked for awhile and he mentioned that he played guitar. I asked "electric?". He said "yes".

. . . and that's when I fell in love. :icon_love

He was just a month shy on 17, still a little young, but I didn't care! We dated for about 6 weeks before I had to go back to Newfoundland again. I was devastated. We did keep in contact tho, ignoring everyone who said long distance never works. We talked almost ever night on the phone, sometimes for up to 5 or 6 hours. It took exactly 1 year to find a way back to Toronto, but I came back.

9 months later we were married. Our 2nd anniversary is on March 20th.
smile.gif

Sorry this was so long, I know I could have just said "we met in a park", but I wanted to tell it right.
smile.gif

Edited to add: Oh, and my husband says that he wasn't planning on being in the parc that day either. He had been at the gym that day lifting weights and didn't really feel like running around after a ball afterward. But he had the same feeling urging him to go out, the same one that urged me to go to the icecream store, and then the parc. We like to say a power greater than us brought us together that day
smile.gif

I met my bf online, on myspace. we started talking when he had just arrived at vienna a month ago & he had a girlfriend back then. he invited me over to his house cause I asked if he had any hot single friends (all the marines stationed here live in a frat-house like building) and he said yeah, come over I´m sure all of them would like to go out with you.

turned out that night all of them but one already had plans, and when I rang the doorbell Shawn saw me and told the other dude, nooo you stay away from her *lol*

we started playing pool and talked and we immediately felt comfortable with each other, one thing lead to another and it happened on the first night, and it wasn´t even a date *oops*... thinking back I think it was just supposed to happen that way, even if he was in a relationship back then. I´d rather would have had it another way too, but I didn´t choose for this to happen. his ex turned out to be a TOTAL psycho later on anyway, so it wasn´t a huge loss

sorry for the long story too
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I think it's great how many people meet online...that was before my time!! At least before my "dating" time...

icon_wink.gif

awwwwwww. i love reading these stories.

everyone's are so sweet!

kee, how old are you? that is SUCH a sweet story and so cute how it worked out so young
smile.gif

I met Luca in High school. We "went out" for a bit and I broke things off. About a year later I started talking to him again and we hit it off.

We've been together since May 13, 2000.

I'm so glad he approached me in High school!

Back