How do you look w/o makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Someone in another thread said something about looking "scary" without makeup, and that got me thinking. How do you think you look without a stitch of makeup on? Do you really "need" it?

I look like a walking corpse because my dark circles are so bad! Also I have really sparse eyebrows that look totally weird, and of course I usually have brown spots where a blemish healed. When I appear bare-faced (rare) I get asked if I'm feeling ok. Yes, I NEED makeup, to avoid frightening innocent people.
eek.gif
Good thing I also LOVE it!

Me without makeup? I look rather sleepy without it, cuz I have very dark circles too! I inherited darkness beneath my eyes and on my eyelids... so much that sometimes people say "Oh, I love that brown eyeshadow you're wearing!", to which I reply "I'm not wearing any makeup!!" I feel much more awake & healthy once I put on some foundation and concealor, just to even everything out.

If you want to see scary, just look at mybarefaced pic in my post in the "tips & techniques" thread in the FOTD forum... now THAT is scary!

I can basically go without it. The only item that I HAVE to have is eyeliner. However, I wear makeup most days just because I love it so much.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Me without makeup? I look rather sleepy without it, cuz I have very dark circles too! I inherited darkness beneath my eyes and on my eyelids... so much that sometimes people say "Oh, I love that brown eyeshadow you're wearing!", to which I reply "I'm not wearing any makeup!!" I feel much more awake & healthy once I put on some foundation and concealor, just to even everything out. I get that too... looks like I have 1-2 shades darker foundation around my eyes! LOL
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I get that too... looks like I have 1-2 shades darker foundation around my eyes! LOL
icon_eek.gif
Woohoo, I'm not alone!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LOL!!!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux sometimes people say "Oh, I love that brown eyeshadow you're wearing!", to which I reply "I'm not wearing any makeup!!"

I never leave the apartment without foundation, concealor, and powder! Not only do I have dark circles like several girls have mentioned, but I also have very oily, shiny skin and normally have several bright red blemishes which really stand out on my pale skin!
frown.gif
Fortunately I can hide all of those things pretty well with makeup! (Well, only if I keep applying powder to hide the oil!)

I can't go without make-up. I look pale/reddish spots on my face/dark circles under my eyes. I basically look like a bad mugshot.

bleethmug.jpg

Remember this pic?

is that you?

Originally Posted by Mariposa

I can't go without make-up. I look pale/reddish spots on my face/dark circles under my eyes. I basically look like a bad mugshot.
bleethmug.jpg

Remember this pic?

I look fine w/o mu. I can honestly say that I can step out of the house w/o it and look fresh. I am very fortunate to have good skin. Never went through the acne phase in high school. My friends use to be so jealous of me. And even now, as I am in my 30's, my skin is good.

Happy Easter!

if I wouldn´t apply self tanner at least once a week I´d look like I´m sick. i´d be sooo pale. add the almost-purple circles under my eyes and the red spots from past breakouts and here I am
icon_smile.gif

funny story: not too long ago a guy saw me taking off my makeup at night and asked me what I was doing (like he has never seen a girl do that *gg*). I said "I´m taking off my makeup"...he said "WHAT? you´re wearing makeup?"

I dont know if I should take this as a compliment b/c he has seen me w/o makeup and obviously liked that sight too. or should I be mad cause after all I mainly do this to look good for the guys and they don´t even notice!
icon_redface.gif

I don't think I ever watched Baywatch....LOL

Originally Posted by Trisha

Tony, she was in Baywatch, you'd probably know her if you saw a pic of her WITH MU on!!
I look rough with no MU on, its mainly the dark circles, sparse brows and acne scars!!

Heres a pic from a couple years ago with no MU on

and when I do a tutorial, you'll have the pleasure of my bare face then too! x

I don't like the way I look without makeup. People say I look drastically different without it also. The funny thing is, when I do wear makeup, its all very natural looking and its not like I wear so much I look like a drag queen or a such.
icon_frown.gif
Jeez! One "friend" of mine said I look like a ghost.
icon_sad.gif

Anyway, yeah - I do look *different* and I usually don't wear makeup when I know I'm staying home and not going anywhere.

I think I look okay without mu. If I can have some blush and lip stuff then I have absolutely no prob at all. I do not have dark circles around my eyes and realize I must be really lucky for that.

I don't think I look that bad w/o makeup. I mean, sure I don't really like the red spots from past breakouts and dark circles, but if I don't feel like wearing makeup one day, I definitely won't. I've only had one occasion where a teacher asked me if I was feeling all right when I wasn't wearing makeup, but I really was sick as a dog that day and just couldn't afford to miss school. I guess people don't notice, or they don't say anything.

To be honest i could get away without wearing foundation but i feel kinda naked without it!! Its usually TOM that messes up my skin for me (oh and crap foundation like CD Diorskin Fluide!)

Latest posts

Back