How Do You Organize Your Makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious about what everyone uses to organize and store various makeup. Traincase, Caboodle, a Vanity (table), Drawer, Box, Bag, etc.?

Does anyone have any interesting and crafty ways to organize your cosmetics? Please share!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have 2 traincases that I keep on my vanity. These are for the items I use most often. Then, under my vanity I have 3 more trainecases of makeup that I don't use as much. For everything else I have a huge trunk. Its def. not completly organized but its a work in progress
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Just curious about what everyone uses to organize and store various makeup. Traincase, Caboodle, a Vanity (table), Drawer, Box, Bag, etc.?
Does anyone have any interesting and crafty ways to organize your cosmetics? Please share!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Just curious about what everyone uses to organize and store various makeup. Traincase, Caboodle, a Vanity (table), Drawer, Box, Bag, etc.?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I use a 5 drawer plastic Steralite cart ..Needing to get another though as my collection is spilling out ..Also have various wicker baskets on my book case that hold stuff I'm going to swap..Not as organized as I would like..I really need a traincase..A HUGE one

I use a traincase that is not too big but it has 3 layers so it fits a lot of little things and on the bottom it has a bigger area for bigger stuff. I don't store my foundation in it though. Anything that I like to keep upright like a foundation bottle etc I put in the bathroom cabinet out of site. I know they say you shouldn't store any makeup in the bathroom but I still do it and none of my makeup/skin care has ever suffered from it.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I use a traincase that is not too big but it has 3 layers so it fits a lot of little things and on the bottom it has a bigger area for bigger stuff. I don't store my foundation in it though. Anything that I like to keep upright like a foundation bottle etc I put in the bathroom cabinet out of site. I know they say you shouldn't store any makeup in the bathroom but I still do it and none of my makeup/skin care has ever suffered from it. Mine is in a large ziplock bag and in a plastic basket that is trying to be cute but doesn't quite make it. Ok, the basket is ugly and I don't like it.
I am SUPER looking forward to starting my business so that I can have more stuff and nicer things. I am buying the domain name for my company today. Wish me luck!!

ffbanner11.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian Mine is in a large ziplock bag and in a plastic basket that is trying to be cute but doesn't quite make it. Ok, the basket is ugly and I don't like it.
I am SUPER looking forward to starting my business so that I can have more stuff and nicer things. I am buying the domain name for my company today. Wish me luck!!

ffbanner11.jpg

Hey Ry!! What sort of business are you going into?Good luck by the way

Originally Posted by allisong Hey Ry!! What sort of business are you going into?Good luck by the way Thanks Allison!!!It's going to be a writing and editing business for foreign businesses!

ffbanner5.jpg
(You did not think I'd post without some graphics, did ya?)

I store all my makeup in those plastic Sterilite drawer things. I have 2 small 3-drawer ones, 1 medium sized 3 drawer one, and a large 4 drawer one. But they're not all filled anymore since I started swapping and giving away
wink.gif

I have a chest of drawers & i emptied the top one a few months back & things are in there at the mo.. This is only temporary though until i get some sort of train case or plastic drawers that i can store my mu in.. I dont have a large collection yet so its ok!

I got a multi-drawer organizer from Home Depot
smile.gif
My brother had gotten one to put his nails and screws & such in for his workshop and I begged him to get me one next time he went to HD. Now I have little see through drawers for all my eyeshadow and a little bit bigger ones for lipglosses,blush and and fdtn. I really like it because I can see all my stuff. Heres a pic
icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.makeupalley.com/account/p...290&picture=81

Hi HunnyBunnywell, that link doesnt work for us
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Miss_Honeywell

smile.gif
My brother had gotten one to put his nails and screws & such in for his workshop and I begged him to get me one next time he went to HD. Now I have little see through drawers for all my eyeshadow and a little bit bigger ones for lipglosses,blush and and fdtn. I really like it because I can see all my stuff. Heres a pic
icon_biggrin.gif

DAMM girl!
icon_redface.gif
That looks like my workbenbench in my garage with all my screws/nut/bolts etc. LOLOL Sorry this would be a comment you would get from a guy LOL
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Miss_Honeywell

smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I *love* it MissHoney!!! It's perfect! That's just what I need! I wonder if Lowe's has it? (I favor Lowe's because my brother works in their corporate offices, so we don't like Home Depot. LOL - Just kidding. Actually, I don't mind Home Depot, but only when Lowe's is out of what we need.
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted by Miss_Honeywell I got a multi-drawer organizer from Home Depot
smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

they are wall mountable as well, and the smaller drawers have dividers you can insert that are perfect for organizing your e/s pots. The best part is it only cost around $15-16
eek.gif
I really like my organizer, I find it easier than my old traincase because I can see everything. Of course I still like my traincase for traveling, seeing as how these Stack-on drawers arn't quite portable
icon_lol.gif

I keep all my make up in wicker baskets. LOL I really need to get a train case to carry them in. Would anyone recommend a good one??

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki I keep all my make up in wicker baskets. LOL I really need to get a train case to carry them in. Would anyone recommend a good one?? Traincases are not totally necessary..Though nice in the aesthetic sense..Before I moved up to my 5 drawer Sterilite cart ,I kept my makeup in a toolbox(actaully called a Technician's box) from Home Depot..You can get some great cases there at a fraction of the price of an actual train case

Ikea- has some great plastic containers that come in all sizes and helps organize all your makeup separately. I try to keep it neat but then comes that Monday morning when you're late and trying to find that right shade which entails you making a huge mess and then your back to square one..................

Latest posts

Back