How do you store your nail polish collection?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I store my polishes in the top compartment of my Viper mini tool chest. I only have 40 polishes though, and it probably wouldn't hold more than 60 or so. I keep my small(ish) makeup collection in the drawers.

Yes, but I would like to be able to display them and have them where I can instantly see which one I want rather than having to dig through them.
Too true. I think I might use them a bit differently if I had them all out to see. It would be easier to find neat colour combinations too!

Just finished this with a bunch of Ikea spice racks that I spray painted black.  Putting them up with these old plastered walls was fun lol But it definitely stores my collection (for now hah).

Nail Polish Rack.jpg

I just bought two nail polish racks from Amazon (see the attached, below). Before, I was storing my nail polish in my Glossbybox boxes but it was hard for me to tell what colors I had so I was ending up with duplicates. I'm on a No Beauty Buy Challenge until May 1st so instead I'm working on organizing my products. Hope these nail polish racks from Amazon work out for me.

polishrack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished this with a bunch of Ikea spice racks that I spray painted black.  Putting them up with these old plastered walls was fun lol But it definitely stores my collection (for now hah).

Nail Polish Rack.jpg
mine is up further in the thread but I used ikea spice racks too and spray painted them gray! they really are great racks!

mine is up further in the thread but I used ikea spice racks too and spray painted them gray! they really are great racks!
Looks great!  They really are a good way to cheaply make a cool display rack.  Despite them being 'spice' racks, I've pretty much seen them almost entirely being used for nail polish collections lol

Got my first Helmer this past weekend on sale 29.99!!! I almost bought dome spice racks too but changed my mind.

I'm going back to get a desk with my taxes and probably 2 more.

image.jpg

I just purchased the Sterilite Stack and Carry from Target

http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-stack-carry-tray-organizer-storage-tote-2-pc-transparent-with-jade-green-latch/-/A-14779290#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=sterilite+stack

Now I plan to swatch all my colors on Avery labels and hole punch the colors to put on the tops of the bottles.
I LOVED my Stack and Carry.....until I outgrew it. I even had three levels. Oooops.
I tried putting the swatch stickers on mine, but now they are popping off almost every bottle (except Avon with their wide, flat tops). Is there a secret to making them stay on some of the textured or embossed caps?

I just purchased the Sterilite Stack and Carry from Target

http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-stack-carry-tray-organizer-storage-tote-2-pc-transparent-with-jade-green-latch/-/A-14779290#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=sterilite+stack

Now I plan to swatch all my colors on Avery labels and hole punch the colors to put on the tops of the bottles. 

I LOVED my Stack and Carry.....until I outgrew it. I even had three levels. Oooops.

I tried putting the swatch stickers on mine, but now they are popping off almost every bottle (except Avon with their wide, flat tops). Is there a secret to making them stay on some of the textured or embossed caps?
I use a stack and carry also! It's SO handy! Except I need to add on another couple as it is quickly overflowing lol Once I can afford a bigger storage unit, it will just house my art tools.

I also have this stair-step display on my little 'nail art station' (which is really just a spare side table tucked away in a corner) haha =P

It's from the Butter London, London Calling set I received for Christmas a couple years back. (My boyfriend knows I'd take polish over flowers or jewelry ANY day)

I love the look of the display because it shows off my favorite polishes!

ldncalling.JPG

I went to Lowe's and bought about (15) 3x8 boards and built my own nail polish rack. It may seem difficult but all it took was measuring, sawing, and nailing the boards together. The one I made holds between 300-400 bottles of polish.

All other polishes that didn't fit, I currently have them in a 3 drawer Homz organizer.

I'll attach a photo of it below, also shown are my awesome Banksy wall decals!

photo.JPG

Latest posts

Back