How do you wear your hair??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually have the same routine as well. I wash and blow dry on Sunday (takes me an hour so I only blow dry once a week). On Mon- Wed I wear it down. By thursday I wash but no blow dry, just pick it up in a ponytail on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I always wear my hair down since putting it up often gives me headaches! I also wash and blowdry my hair every morning since otherwise my hair is wavy and just messy-looking.

However the exact style has changed ... the past few years I've been experimenting with different cuts anywhere from above the chin to an inch below the shoulders, curling the ends under or out, in an attempt to find a style that both works with my hair and looks good on me! So far I've been unsuccessful and I'm sick of trying to make my hair curl the way I want it to every day, so now I'm growing out my hair so it will be heavy and straight again! So much easier to manage!
smile.gif
(When it's short, I can't make the ends stay straight no matter what I do, so I'm always fighting to make them curl in a way that actually looks good!)

Originally Posted by girl_geek I always wear my hair down since putting it up often gives me headaches! Oh you poor chicken! Could you not tie it up but make sure its not too tight?? I'd never be able to manage my wavy hair if i had to leave it down all the time!

i wash my hair at night and let it dry while i sleep because it would take about 40 minute to blow dry. i basically have two styles: low ponytail with the hair looped upside down to make a messy bun thing, or low pigtails. when im not at work, i sometimes wear it in high pigtails. im probably too old for that, but i think it looks cute.

my hair is always parted down the middle and then parted on the side in the front (it works out since i do i diagonal part in the front) and i have long sideswept bangs.

I have super long naturally curly hair. I look like a freaking hippy. I usually leave it down most of the week. But when I leave it down I have several little styles that I do to it. Other then that it is usually a ponytail for me. Although I do sometimes do a bun or braided pigtails.

I also wash it at night - so that way it's almost dry by morning - and all I have to do is go over it w/ the dryer. But on nights when I'm too tired to take a shower, I'll take one in the AM - but either TRY and curl it (Unsuccessfully, thank you EasyStraight) or just throw in some mousse and put it in a ponytail or look bun-type style... a "chignon' sort of thing. So for me it's all depending on how much time I have. Lot of time.... straight and nice.... no time... crazy and messy! LOL

I'm with Janelle on this one, thanks to easystraight I can no longer just lightly blow dry and let it curl, I'm still living with frizzy, straw like hair for now. It also depends on how much time I have too, once a week I may use my straightening iron (just bought a new titanium one). Today I washed it, put some almond oil on it and pulled it back in a soft hair tie.

Originally Posted by laura127 Oh you poor chicken! Could you not tie it up but make sure its not too tight?? I'd never be able to manage my wavy hair if i had to leave it down all the time! Hey, I used to wear my hair in a ponytail every single day for high school sports practices (and it was much longer and heavier then), but the past few years it's been giving me headaches most of the time I try, unless it's in a very loose, low ponytail (which my hair is too short for now). But my hair dresser said she's had several of her customers complain that ponytails give them headaches now and they didn't use to so I'm not the only one. In addition, I still get headaches from my allergies even though I am on allergy medication (though not near as many as I used to before the medication), and having my hair up pulling on my scalp just makes the allergy headaches worse so I don't like putting it up anymore. I even had to wear an updo for a friend's wedding (I was a bridesmaid) recently, and I had a terrible headache long before the wedding even started, even though I took Tylenol every 4 hours. This is why I blowdry my hair straight, it keeps it out of my face. (And my hair's short enough and my dryer's hot enough it only takes 15 minutes so it's no big deal.)
Trust me, if I could wear ponytails, I probably never would have cut my hair.... But please don't call someone "chicken" until you hear the whole story. I do wish I could wear my hair up but it's just worth the trouble anymore.

Originally Posted by girl_geek But please don't call someone "chicken" until you hear the whole story. I do wish I could wear my hair up but it's just worth the trouble anymore. I don't think she meant it like that... I don't think she was calling you a 'CHICKEN" - more of like a nickname.... Maybe it's an Irish phrase? Laura is from Ireland
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But I dont' think she was calling you a chicken for not putting up your hair.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I don't think she meant it like that... I don't think she was calling you a 'CHICKEN" - more of like a nickname.... Maybe it's an Irish phrase? Laura is from Ireland
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But I dont' think she was calling you a chicken for not putting up your hair. Maybe I over reacted a little, but I still thought I'd set the record straight and say I wasn't just a big wuss
biggrin.gif

Oh dear, sorry girl_geek.. CHICKEN is a phrase we use over here in Ireland! Kinda like a pet name thing. Sorry if i offended you.. I didn't mean you were a wuss at all!

Originally Posted by laura127 Oh dear, sorry girl_geek.. CHICKEN is a phrase we use over here in Ireland! Kinda like a pet name thing. Sorry if i offended you.. I didn't mean you were a wuss at all! No problem! That's what happens when you spend your entire life in the Midwest and don't exposed to many different cultures!
smile.gif
(Although here in grad school, there's a lot of international students so I'm learning a lot about some other people's cultures!)

Laura, doll - you're our little chicken dear, right?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 Oh dear, sorry girl_geek.. CHICKEN is a phrase we use over here in Ireland! Kinda like a pet name thing. Sorry if i offended you.. I didn't mean you were a wuss at all!

I'm like Laura...different hair on different days.

I usually straighten it Sunday nights and then wear it straight Monday through Wednesday (somehow my hair no longer gets greasy...yay!) On Thursday mornings, I usually wash it and wear it curly and then Friday either curly again or I skip washing and wear it kinda wavy and pulled back.

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Laura, doll - you're our little chicken dear, right?
wink.gif
Yup, that's right sis! Cool that we got that misunderstanding sorted girl_geek..
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My hair is down and straight just about everyday.

It's naturally wavy, but I wash every other day, so it's usually always straight. If I feel the need to wash 2 days in a row, I'll usually wear it wavy one of those days.

I'd wear it wavy more often, but it seems like much more of a pain; it's so much easier to straighten it!

I have one of those short & messy styles. It's about 3" through the crown, then a bit shorter @ the nape. I just cut little baby bangs a few weeks ago.

Since it's so short, it pretty much looks the same all the time, until I change the color, or cut it into a different style!

Latest posts

Back