How long does it take you to get ready??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls,

How long do y'all spend getting ready for work/school/college every morning?Include everything.. shower, hair, make up, breakfast etc!

Originally Posted by Laura Hey girls,
How long do y'all spend getting ready for work/school/college every morning?Include everything.. shower, hair, make up, breakfast etc!

Wow... if I did EVERYTHING? Then that would definitely be A Long Time! lol I usually wash my hair at night, so it's mostly dry in the morning & easier to blowdry.... but I would figure around 1hr.45 min... or so - give or take... depends if I dilly-dally around while doing it
icon_redface.gif

Ok i don't wash my hair every day so its different.. On the days i wash my hair in the morning it takes me 1 hour MAX to shower, dry hair, straighten it, make up etc... (Get up @ 7.15 & leave the house @ 8.15)

On the days i don't wash my hair it takes me 30-40 mins! Shower, Go over hair with straightener, make up etc..! (Get up @ 7.40 & leave the house @ 8.15)

Although i never eat brekkie at home so that does take 15/20 mins off my routine!

I had to click 'a long time' because I can only get ready in 2 hours these days if I rush, do very simple make-up and tie my hair back!

On weekdays (workdays) I get up @ 6...leave the house anywhere from 7:15 -7:30. That includes shower, dry/fix hair, mu, spend a lil time w/hubby and my dog!
biggrin.gif

10-20 cuz Im a GUY!

Originally Posted by Laura

Hey girls,

I got a bit confused and thought this was about the important part of getting ready, doing my MU. That takes between 10-15mins.

I usually get up at 6, and leave the house anywhere between 07:00 and 07:15. If I can be bothered to the straightners out then it takes a bit longer.

It takes me 2 hours to get ready if i go out in a party or whatever. but regular i take shower at night so i usually takes me 20 min to get ready and and go out for work or school

About 2 hours for everything if I don't want to rush ... breakfast, shower (I never have been good at taking fast showers
wink.gif
), hair, MU ... Meanwhile my husband is ready in 20 minutes and thinks it's crazy that I have to get up so much earlier than him if we're going somewhere together! Silly boy, he knows it takes a lot of work to make me beautiful
wink.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek About 2 hours for everything if I don't want to rush ... breakfast, shower (I never have been good at taking fast showers
wink.gif
), hair, MU ... Meanwhile my husband is ready in 20 minutes and thinks it's crazy that I have to get up so much earlier than him if we're going somewhere together! Silly boy, he knows it takes a lot of work to make me beautiful
wink.gif
I spend 45 min:
Take a shower

Blow dry hair

brush teeth

get dressed

apply mu

wake up my daughter

dress her

off we go rushing out the door at 7:35

It takes me an hour and a few minutes to be out the door in the AM. Usually I:

- take shower (wash hair everyday; wash face in shower)

- do makeup

- dry hair

- brush teeth

- fix cup of coffee to go

- get dressed

- grab books/bookbag, etc.

And I'm out the door at either 6:50 or 7 depending on what time I have to be at class.

On a day before work, I give myself an hour (unless I'm doing my MU all fancy):

skincare

get dressed

apply make-up (10-15 mins)

check my email
wink.gif

eat breakfast

brush teeth

run out the door

oftentimes, breakfast comes in the car with me! I shower at night, so that takes out a big chunk of morning prep.

Latest posts

Back