How Many Credit Cards do you own?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sweetface18 I had SEVEN 2 years ago, but i got rid of them and i'm now down to three main ones...credit cards are the devil!

They really are... lol It seems easier to buy things when you aren't actually SEEING the $$ leave your wallet. But you do have to pay - whether it's now or later. And at least if you pay now... you don't have to worry about it later, and you won't chance having additional fees added to the price.
icon_wink.gif
It's not fun if you can't pay it off right away and end up paying $50 for a $20 item... better to use the cash (or debit) if you can.. and save the cards for when you REALLY need them.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 lol - thanks chick - but actually a lot of good came out of it...
I'm more responsible with my money

I'm better at judging people I'm with

and learning to live on cash and debit for so long - I got used to only spending what I can afford and have the $ in the bank to pay for.
icon_wink.gif

Just be sure to CLOSE the accounts for the cards you cut up... even though you psyically destroyed them, you still have an account, and even if you don't use it... it's still a revolving account, and having too many can actually hurt your credit too. Ironic ain't it? lol

that's very true! sometimes, you gotta go through hell to realize what's best for you. i've read a magazine article about a guy who did the same thing with A LOT of women and is now in jail. he's headed down that road. you should've taken his ass to judge judy!!!
i didn't even know i had to actually close the accounts. thanks. i'll do that.

Originally Posted by Jennifer that's very true! sometimes, you gotta go through hell to realize what's best for you. i've read a magazine article about a guy who did the same thing with A LOT of women and is now in jail. he's headed down that road. you should've taken his ass to judge judy!!!
i didn't even know i had to actually close the accounts. thanks. i'll do that.

Yeah - it happened to my friend... she had a few cards - and being she never used them a lot - she cut them up. (But never closed the accounts) and then when she went to apply for a card, they denied her and said she had too many 'revolving accounts" - and by then she had to hunt down info on her old accounts since she didn't have the cards or the bills anymore... real pain

And I wish that A$$hole was in jail - that's where he belongs! lol
icon_frown.gif
I actually tried calling one of the card companies awhile ago about one of the catalog purchases he made.. they said that it was reported too late, and besides that - that because it was done over the phone, there is no signature proof needed for verification - so i'm responsible...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 And I wish that A$$hole was in jail - that's where he belongs! lol
icon_frown.gif
I actually tried calling one of the card companies awhile ago about one of the catalog purchases he made.. they said that it was reported too late, and besides that - that because it was done over the phone, there is no signature proof needed for verification - so i'm responsible...
frown.gif
i'm sorry
icon_sad.gif
that must really suck. thanks for sharing that story, though, because it's made me think twice.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i'm sorry
icon_sad.gif
that must really suck. thanks for sharing that story, though, because it's made me think twice. I think things have changed now - as far as the 'proof' rules... since there is so much done online now & over the phone.. where you don't need a signature. But it's still scary to think that you might have to pay for stuff should someone use your card. Hopefully they are being more open-minded and not just assuming - no signature.. no proof.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back